Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Last Minute H-Sha of Fear buckle-down.

So, we killed H-Tsulong and our last burden in the next lockout or two (if that) is H-Sha. We'd love to kill it before 5.2, which means we have 12-24 hours to kill it (we're probably just going to raid extend our H-ToES to get right to it, we're not lacking for gear).

AFAIK, p1 stays generally the same, with tighter DPS requirements. In 10 man, we're guaranteed to be ported, so all but the tank stack in the safe zones (now much easier due to addons like ShaAssist etc), tank collects orbs, maybe a healer, maybe I deterrence and grab a few myself if the DPS isn't too tight. General questions, kind of specific to 10 man since we're guaranteed to be on a platform at some point: Save CDs for platforms, or blow them on Sha? I imagine blows CDs to get to p2 before the buff which speeds up p1, then just do it as normal?

p2, I already picked up the idea to deterrence right before huddle just to help healers out. I'm almost positive I'll be one of the ball people. I don't really understand this mechanic yet, I obviously have read it in theory and you kind of see it in the background of most kill videos, but afaik, the adds run towards the person with the ball, you have to pass it before they reach you. Are they slowable/snareable? I hear the idea is to kite them through the boss so people can cleave onto them without losing much damage on the boss, and the idea is to kill them during the submerge. Obviously I'll be SV for this fight just for this mechanic. Any other tips for p2? Do you need them to be at 3 stacks of speed before you pass it? Do you do an immunity like deterrence when they come out just so they get in one place and then are in a good group? How otherwise do you get them all grouped up properly? A DK with gorefiends?

Any general tips would be awesome, and not just hunter tips. We have a very collaborative 10 man, and people don't mind when we discuss improving each other's performance.

They are snareable, you want the adds to get right up to you then pass the ball. I usually just AOE off of Sha and use Multishot as a focus dump while doing my normal priority. When the adds get up to you they have a 1 sec cast on their 1 shot ability and if they get the cast off pass or not you will die.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:53 AM ----------

Also, Readiness, MoC, Stampede and RF do not reset if you use them right before the transition into P2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    They are snareable, you want the adds to get right up to you then pass the ball. I usually just AOE off of Sha and use Multishot as a focus dump while doing my normal priority. When the adds get up to you they have a 1 sec cast on their 1 shot ability and if they get the cast off pass or not you will die.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:53 AM ----------

Also, Readiness, MoC, Stampede and RF do not reset if you use them right before the transition into P2.
    Stampede, MoC and RF will reset even if used right before entering the phase - atleast it does for me. The only talent that is "bugged" this way is Readiness, I guess due to the fact that it *itself* resets the cooldown on your abilities.

A raid setup would help. As you're 10 man, you're gonna be throwing the ball to whomever has huddle, and positioning etc is more dependant on "where are the adds+ball right now", than a strict structure you can work off of.

As far as 10 man specific stuff, I cannot help you.

For P1 you will want to deterrence the Death Blossom cast from the add guy on the side platform. It will allow you to pick up the Orbs with out dying.

At 66.5%(?) he transitions into P2.

A couple of things to note.
    Potions are not reset.
    Readiness is not reset.
    Rapid Fire is reset.
    Stampede is reset.

Knowing the above it is worth it to delay Rapid Fire and Readiness when transition is soon( I mean real soon).

We found it easier to have the Ball of Light at the center of the room after Submerge to have the adds group themselves up, although you have to make sure that the previous wave is dead or it screws it up. It will take some trial and error though to get it right. They can be slowed and you should try and have them Kited back and forth through the boss for melee cleaves and boss cleaves.

we just got sha tonight but 25 man so i can't really help with 10 man strat...

i will say that i never had any luck with deterrencing before a huddle and having it actually target me and work. i ended up saving deterrence for when i was huddled and a spout was happening the same time the last tick of the huddle was wearing off - it's very difficult to get out of the way of all the water spouts when you're coming out of that huddle - especially if you get spouted too. might not be relevant in 10 man though since there's so much more room to spread out and probably fewer spouts - just something to think about.

how many adds come out in 10 man? if it's the same number, try everyone using a land shark on the 7 group - 1 second cast, massive AOE (can only use 1 time per person).

Let's see, raid comp:

tanks will almost certainly be blood DK/prot pally. Our feral can go guardian if need be, but probably unnecessary.

DPS:
    frost DK
    feral druid
    combat/assassination rogue
    SV/BM hunter (me)
    arcane mage
    spriest
    lock (affliction or demo, but much stronger affliction)

potential healers:
    shaman/pally/monk/priest (either disc or holy). Our shaman also has a pretty good elemental spec, and our MW has a wW spec though we've never needed him to use it this tier (but it has sooooo much gear it's kind of sickening).

Potential lineup I see for this so far to cover all the buffs:

tanks: blood DK/prot pally

DPS:
    SV hunter
    frost DK
    assassination rogue
    warlock/mage (prob mage just because arcane, lol)
    spriest, though I suppose we could put in the afflic and I could run a sporebat.
    using a tallstrider for sunder.

healers:
    priest
    shaman/MW monk

Our priest is by far our best healer, he has top 50 talent imo, so he's usually in our kills unless the fight specifically ill-favors priests. Shaman and monk are damn good players too. Our hpally is actually about 10 ilvls behind the rest of our healers, he's had to miss some weeks and getting int plate to drop has been a pain in the ass.

So the goal is to pass to the person with huddle because of how high huddle damage is? How many ppl get huddle in 10 man, 2?

You're missing a dps in your "potential lineup" - hunter, DK, rogue, mage, spriest is 5. Take the warlock, too.
    Healing setup, go for the priest + the shaman. Disc is too good to pass up, shaman provides with near infinite mana from tide, and proper raid cooldowns.
    You get 3 huddles in a 10 man, and you aim to pass it to each player ASAP - also, when huddles go out, you always want the ball to be on a healer (prevents them from being huddled, so you're never left with 2 huddled healers). Say you have a grid setup like this:

1 6
    2 7
    3 8
    4 9
    5 10

In terms of players. 1, 2 are tanks. 9, 10 are healers. Let's say person 9, 6, 4 gets huddled - throw it in that order then, 9->6->4. If 7, 6, 5 gets huddled, throw it in that order. That way if anyone gets a huddle, they know EXACTLY who they're throwing to next. They can't do anything while in the huddle, so they have all the time in the world to pick the next target and spam their extra button.

Not sure if it works in 10 man, but if it does, you'll want your DK to take all the Naked and Afraid buffs, and your paladin tanking sha full-time apart from that. Your paladin can SOTR every thrash, for a 40-50% dmg reduc = cheesy. Your blood DK on the other hand, can sit on the adds with Chillblains and keep them slowed (as none of your other classes does that very well apart from frost DK, but he might get huddled).

From Paragon's world first video, Sejta seems to be taking every Naked and Afraid, and Fraggoli tanking the rest full time. It sounds good.

Knowing my raid team, a macro to throw the ball seems like it'd be helpful. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking, using raid frames:

/target [@mouseover, noharm, exists]
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

I'm assuming the button doesn't even cost a GCD, so that should work, right? On my Clique, I'd just put this macro to, say, my right click, and then boom, I'd right click on a raid frame and pass the ball to that person.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm assuming the button doesn't even cost a GCD, so that should work, right? On my Clique, I'd just put this macro to, say, my right click, and then boom, I'd right click on a raid frame and pass the ball to that person.
    Correct - you really want a /stopcasting in the start of that macro, though.

Also, I don't think its worthwhile to deterrence before huddle casts. I was the one to group the adds up in the center of the room and I found it most useful to save deterrence for emerges. That way, I didn't ever have to preemptively pass the ball and screw up add grouping.

For what its worth, we were able to down this boss in about 14 hours of total time invested as a 9 hour/week guild - and with an average ilvl approximately 5 below the first kills on him. You should have enough time. Refine your p2 strategy so you're wasting as little dps as possible on the adds and you're golden, imo (once you get tank deaths under control). They should be dying right as or moments after Sha emerges - you're wasting dps and time if they die before.

Question... how do you find the center of the room in phase 2?

Don't you have another full week before 5.2 comes out? I don't see why you have to kill it in 12-24 hours-I think you have a full week.

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    Don't you have another full week before 5.2 comes out? I don't see why you have to kill it in 12-24 hours-I think you have a full week.
    If they raid 12 hours a week (3 nights of 4 hours, 4 nights of 3 hours, etc) then they'd have 1-2 resets to kill it before 5.2. He's not talking one day, he's talking a full raid-week.
    Besides, still no PvP notice, so can expect ATLEAST 2 resets.

Question... how do you find the center of the room in phase 2?

Put down a mark. Wait for 3-4 adds to come at once. Find out from which direction the adds arrive first. Move the mark a bit in the other direction every wave, untill they all hit the mark at the exact same time. Can get a "rough" idea of the middle if you look at the minimap (there's a "circle" in it, stand in the middle and you've got a rough position).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Put down a mark. Wait for 3-4 adds to come at once. Find out from which direction the adds arrive first. Move the mark a bit in the other direction every wave, untill they all hit the mark at the exact same time. Can get a "rough" idea of the middle if you look at the minimap (there's a "circle" in it, stand in the middle and you've got a rough position).
    Thanks! Should be starting on him this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    5.2 earliest 6th of march atm. They did say they'll give a 2 weeks head up, so that should come this reset, if not then it's even more delayed.

i just hope they don't do anymore "rooms" like H Sha... the engine cannot support the graphical demands of it for some reason and it causes lots of lag when paired with certain skills like stampede. Having the engine create lag when someone uses a skill to the point it causes DCs is not acceptable.

I know blizzard likes to think they have a modern game but the fact remains its 8 years old, they need to keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i just hope they don't do anymore "rooms" like H Sha... the engine cannot support the graphical demands of it for some reason and it causes lots of lag when paired with certain skills like stampede. Having the engine create lag when someone uses a skill to the point it causes DCs is not acceptable.

I know blizzard likes to think they have a modern game but the fact remains its 8 years old, they need to keep that in mind.
    Never experienced it personally. Might be a problem with specific realms *shrugh*.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

gotta agree with that... i was ready to start shooting people in the face over their constant QQ about stampede lag.

a pally in my guild joked that stampede=impede

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Never experienced it personally. Might be a problem with specific realms *shrugh*.
    i used stampede accidently and it DCed a tank 2 healers and 3 DPS from the lag it caused.