Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Maybe it's just US servers? Anyone from EU who can confirm that it happens ? We run with 3 hunters on sha, all obviously pop stampede instantly. No issues :s.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i just hope they don't do anymore "rooms" like H Sha... the engine cannot support the graphical demands of it for some reason and it causes lots of lag when paired with certain skills like stampede. Having the engine create lag when someone uses a skill to the point it causes DCs is not acceptable.

    I know blizzard likes to think they have a modern game but the fact remains its 8 years old, they need to keep that in mind.
    Still waiting for the day that you post a positive post lol.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Still waiting for the day that you post a positive post lol.
    i'm "positive" i have more heroic kill then you.... there is your positive post.

  4. #24
    Not really, Nemesis. You joined a guild that already had Sha and Tsulong down, meaning you got "boosted" to the kills (no progress on them). Puerto is same progress as you, as far as I'm concerned, you can't expect credit for being dragged along to farm kills.
    That being said, Puerto, there's no reason to be offensive, nor to be offtopic in order to offend someone. Please leave it at this, and take it to PM's if you feel the need to debate your issues further.

  5. #25
    Seriously?
    haha
    Last edited by Celoric; 2013-02-18 at 05:10 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Never experienced it personally. Might be a problem with specific realms *shrugh*.
    yeah, it was so bad for us that it was causing g deaths/wipes so we were not allowed to use stampede during phase 2. Sucked!

  7. #27
    Wow, I have yet to see the stampede issues on phase 2. We run 2/3 hunters and I don't think we've had any sort of lag issues, and we're on US servers..

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not really, Nemesis. You joined a guild that already had Sha and Tsulong down, meaning you got "boosted" to the kills (no progress on them). Puerto is same progress as you, as far as I'm concerned, you can't expect credit for being dragged along to farm kills.
    That being said, Puerto, there's no reason to be offensive, nor to be offtopic in order to offend someone. Please leave it at this, and take it to PM's if you feel the need to debate your issues further.
    see there you go talking out of you ass. I actually had Sha down to 26m HP before the guild i was in collapsed, so i did have the progression on it. I know you think you are high and mighty but you are nothing special. Now you are the asshat attacking people without knowing jack shit about them.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-02-18 at 05:33 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    see there you go talking out of you ass. I actually had Sha down to 26m HP before the guild i was in collapsed, so i did have the progression on it. I know you think you are high and mighty but you are nothing special. Now you are the asshat attacking people without knowing jack shit about them.
    And if thats true, then I apologize. Your kill history and guild history just doesn't show that. Regardless, I told you guys to knock it off both - and you have to understand that the amount of bosses you have killed will not give you a better say than anyone else here, especially if those people still provide valid input. People care about good information and healthy discussion. Anymore offtopic regarding this, and I will have to start infracting, so consider this the last formel warning.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreld View Post
    Wow, I have yet to see the stampede issues on phase 2. We run 2/3 hunters and I don't think we've had any sort of lag issues, and we're on US servers..
    same here, US server Greymane, 2 hunters in our 10man and all last night on P2 progression we both popped stampede and all CD"s as hero was popped after the first submerge was over
    no lag and no dc's from any of the raiders

  11. #31
    The stampede issue is due to Skada or Recount. Try having your raid disable damage meters for the fight, it makes a lot more sense than forcing your hunters to do suboptimal DPS.

  12. #32
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Does Sha spawn in the "center" of the room in p2? If I'm quick with a rough mark right at the beginning of the phase, will I be good?

    Also, do you guys think having it on a melee to get them to the center (assuming Sha is tanked there) would be the best thing to do once you clear the huddles? What're the benefits of the hunter (me) gathering them up in the center?

    Also! A p1 question:

    What do y'all do with the shielded adds? I've seen a few approaches - ignore them outright, only use multi-DoT classes on them and wait for multiples to be up, only use people with Fearless to down them, and the "everyone does it" approach. It seems like the first two were used a lot on bleeding edge progression when you had to get him to 50% instead of 66%, maybe those kind of strats aren't necessary any more?

  13. #33
    i posted a thread about the stampede problems a few weeks ago - it's probably still on the front page of the hunter forum.

    we have pretty much determined (in my guild) it is not an addon problem...although it's easy to blame addons. it is NOT correct that it happens due to recount and skada. we had people turn off all their damage meter mods and it was still happening. we have tried a whole bunch of things to narrow the issue down and never came up with anything. we have 2 hunters and basically anyone that had an FPS issue just had to suck it up - but it wasn't so bad that it DC'd anyone. we did have to watch our timing that we didnt stampede right before a huddle so we didn't screw any healers.


    PS here's the thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lag-issue-help


    PPS - on 25 man we ignored the shielded adds every time - it did get to be a little dicey as we approached 66% since there were blue bombs going off all over the place, but they aren't really that hard to avoid. i just stood as far back as i could in the safe zone - most people don't stand that far back so it was reasonably clear - and remember you only have to step aside 1 step to avoid it, you don't need to run around like crazy.
    Last edited by bellatrex; 2013-02-18 at 07:56 PM.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also! A p1 question:

    What do y'all do with the shielded adds? I've seen a few approaches - ignore them outright, only use multi-DoT classes on them and wait for multiples to be up, only use people with Fearless to down them, and the "everyone does it" approach. It seems like the first two were used a lot on bleeding edge progression when you had to get him to 50% instead of 66%, maybe those kind of strats aren't necessary any more?
    The way we started doing it when I started progressing on Sha last week was that until we can get to p2 once, to get the haste buff we were more or less forced to kill them to about ~75% on Sha and then ignore them, because we got overwhelmed otherwise. But if you have the DPS to get to p2 without the haste buff and ignoring them, go for that.

  15. #35
    I don't know what to say Bella, turning off damage meters definitely worked for us. It could be a more complicated issue related to more than just the damage meters though.

    Does Sha spawn in the "center" of the room in p2? If I'm quick with a rough mark right at the beginning of the phase, will I be good?
    Sha spawns at the north/northeast edge of the room.

    It's also important to keep in mind that the center of the room is not the center of the ring that the Sha adds spawn. The position where you want to position so that the adds group up perfectly is slightly northeast of the center of the circle on the minimap. I haven't done 10 man, but as far as I know finding this center isn't super important. For 25 man, however, it makes things a lot easier.

    If you're the guy grouping up the adds, try setting a world marker somewhere to the northeast of the center of the minimap. On each consecutive wave, if the adds don't group up perfectly, adjust the marker to a spot where they would have grouped up perfectly.

    After a while you should get a feel for where the spot is without having to do multiple waves. Most weeks I get it first try, or have to adjust once or twice.
    Kennyloggins - im afk

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not really, Nemesis. You joined a guild that already had Sha and Tsulong down, meaning you got "boosted" to the kills (no progress on them). Puerto is same progress as you, as far as I'm concerned, you can't expect credit for being dragged along to farm kills.
    That being said, Puerto, there's no reason to be offensive, nor to be offtopic in order to offend someone. Please leave it at this, and take it to PM's if you feel the need to debate your issues further.
    Sorry.. was meant more as a joke. No hate <3

    On topic:

    I'm raid lead so I'm trying to get little things ironed out. We are 25 man so... how many tanks and heals are typically taken? Also, how is huddle handle in 25 man? Is it just healed through?
    Last edited by Puerto; 2013-02-18 at 08:23 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    I don't know what to say Bella, turning off damage meters definitely worked for us. It could be a more complicated issue related to more than just the damage meters though.
    yeah i've seen other people say that too - but we had people continue to have problems even with those mods off. we had people with brand new computers have a problem, people with old computers. we tried to use stampede one at a time, we tried it with the glyph, without the glyph...nothing worked. we our our main tank run a mod called CPU broker to see what mods were spiking in usage when he had the lag issue and nothing was spiking when it happened. it's really frustrating - especially if it starts to happen more next tier. why does it only happen for stampede? why not army? why not mirror images?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Sorry.. was meant more as a joke. No hate <3

    On topic:

    I'm raid lead so I'm trying to get little things ironed out. We are 25 man so... how many tanks and heals are typically taken? Also, how is huddle handle in 25 man? Is it just healed through?
    We typically run with 4 tanks until we get the haste buff (otherwise there's a strong risk of not having a tank on the main platform due to ominous cackle). We four healed our first kill, but I would recommend five. We break the first 3 huddles, then just heal through them. It's really important to coordinate cooldowns for case where multiple healers get huddled, and it's also really important that your hybrids are assigned to heal during healer-huddles as well.
    Kennyloggins - im afk

  19. #39
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post

    It's also important to keep in mind that the center of the room is not the center of the ring that the Sha adds spawn. The position where you want to position so that the adds group up perfectly is slightly northeast of the center of the circle on the minimap. I haven't done 10 man, but as far as I know finding this center isn't super important. For 25 man, however, it makes things a lot easier.
    I assume when you say "circle on the minimap", you mean the greyish circle surrounded by the blue water? We're only starting attempts next reset, I just want to hit the ground running because we don't have much time to waste before 5.2.

    Is the person grouping them up important in terms of what skills they bring to the table? Like someone mentioned earlier, having deterrence to soak an emerge so as not to get the adds uneven (though shouldn't the adds already be grouped up and being burned by then?). Or is it really just a job for "whoever has the spatial awareness to not fuck it up."? I'm assuming you can't deterrence the insta-gib death cast so as to group them all up before tossing the ball if you're a little uneven, but correct me if I'm wrong, that would seem like a damn good reason to put the job on me.

  20. #40
    Need some confirmation..

    I have read in numerous posts that there is a ~3 second window once you enter the next phase where you can pop your CD's and they reset as "normal" for P2. Anyone have any info here? I havent had the opportunity to check it out yet
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •