Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    You should just be able to stand there and be 100% fine. If that for whatever reason isn't working, jump behind one of the pillars as soon as you get there.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So if he starts with waterspouts, he can ONLY strike and huddle you.
    Huddle can be casted only first or second, huddle will never be casted as third ability, after emerge if he casts watersprouts first, you can be 100% sure that next will be huddle and third strike.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We've had problems with "not engaging," I assume it means literally not moving at all once you get there? We had people insisting that the mob was aggroing them as soon as they got there.

    Working on p2 now, got some positioning ironed out, just need people to toss balls quicker. Best attempt around 35% tonight, and we wiped due to bad huddle clearing, not being overwhelmed by anything. I'm pretty hopeful we'll get it next lockout - we missed a night this week, so only a few hours of progress, and really little time at all with the buff.
    People are telling you porkies. Get them to go stand behind a pillar if they cannot behave. Some just cant bring themselves to suck up a dps loss and wait.

    P2 is simply about doing it enough times so that the slow learners can break huddles and move from spouts properly. Having one of your markers right in the center to group the adds makes handling them many times easier. I have a really nice healer PoV on our website below. Sadly I noticed I wasnt recording when the boss was at 20%, so only have the final couple of mins plus nerd screams.

    I presume you are going to extend next week? We extended last week and I think it took us ~100 pulls in total.

  4. #64
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,099
    Does anyone have any sort of benchmarks for p2 (in 10 man)? I think our best attempt (35%ish) was on the 4 or 5 spawn wave. I'm just unsure how good we're doing. That's like "halfway" through the phase, so we can expect like a 10 add wave near the end? Is that normal? Execute should go a little quicker though I guess.

  5. #65
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Does anyone have any sort of benchmarks for p2 (in 10 man)? I think our best attempt (35%ish) was on the 4 or 5 spawn wave. I'm just unsure how good we're doing. That's like "halfway" through the phase, so we can expect like a 10 add wave near the end? Is that normal? Execute should go a little quicker though I guess.
    Pretty tough to say if you're on time with the estimate "4 or 5 spawn wave". That's a 4 wave range. 1-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-6-7-7-8-8

    You should be around 35% when the first wave of 4 spawns. You should aim to finish the boss on the second set of 7 or first set of 8, much longer won't be sustainable.

  6. #66
    Dreadlord Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggypac View Post
    Need some confirmation..

    I have read in numerous posts that there is a ~3 second window once you enter the next phase where you can pop your CD's and they reset as "normal" for P2. Anyone have any info here? I havent had the opportunity to check it out yet
    Any feedback on this?

    Would help a lot on DPS if this works!!

    I am wiping constantly on that boss arround 20% - 10%
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Any feedback on this?

    Would help a lot on DPS if this works!!

    I am wiping constantly on that boss arround 20% - 10%
    it works you have to do it fast though.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 05:11 AM ----------

    I do it with my disengage, I disengage then it resets so I disengage again to get to the boss.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Does anyone have any sort of benchmarks for p2 (in 10 man)? I think our best attempt (35%ish) was on the 4 or 5 spawn wave. I'm just unsure how good we're doing. That's like "halfway" through the phase, so we can expect like a 10 add wave near the end? Is that normal? Execute should go a little quicker though I guess.
    honestly i'd say that seems low
    if you have the dps to kill the archers in p1 though you should easily have the dps to kill sha
    you are probably focusing too much on the adds. the adds should die during the submerge

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    They are snareable, you want the adds to get right up to you then pass the ball. I usually just AOE off of Sha and use Multishot as a focus dump while doing my normal priority. When the adds get up to you they have a 1 sec cast on their 1 shot ability and if they get the cast off pass or not you will die.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:53 AM ----------

    Also, Readiness, MoC, Stampede and RF do not reset if you use them right before the transition into P2.
    I found aoe'ing off the adds onto sha was more effective. It often seemed like even if the adds were practically on top of the boss that my multishot wouldn't hit the adds if I fired it at the boss. If I fire at the adds the boss always got hit though

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 05:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i used stampede accidently and it DCed a tank 2 healers and 3 DPS from the lag it caused.
    Been using Stampede the whole time and i've never heard anyone ever mention sudden lag at any time.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 05:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    The way we started doing it when I started progressing on Sha last week was that until we can get to p2 once, to get the haste buff we were more or less forced to kill them to about ~75% on Sha and then ignore them, because we got overwhelmed otherwise. But if you have the DPS to get to p2 without the haste buff and ignoring them, go for that.
    Haven't killed sha yet (had a lot of 13% ish tries) but we've never bothered killing a single add in phase 1. The shielded area (where you stand to not be hit by breath) gets crowded with bolts towards the end but you just have some people stand outside the shield when they have the fearless buff and when there isn't a breath about to come. Means a lot of the bolts land outside the shielded area and the people inside have plenty of space to keep moving.

    Oh another thing my guild does in phase 1... By the time the group gets taken over to the 3rd crossbowman platform we normally have sha at 70-72%. This actually means that the boss goes over to phae 2 before the group would be able to kill the crossbowman.... So the group at the crossbow man doesn't engage him at all. If you don't attack him he just stands there (not sure if he has proximity aggro). So our 3rd crossbowman group just stands behind the pillars or where they land and dance with the crossbowman. This just removes all risk of anyone messing up and getting themsleves killed by dread spray or dread blossom.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 06:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I assume when you say "circle on the minimap", you mean the greyish circle surrounded by the blue water? We're only starting attempts next reset, I just want to hit the ground running because we don't have much time to waste before 5.2.

    Is the person grouping them up important in terms of what skills they bring to the table? Like someone mentioned earlier, having deterrence to soak an emerge so as not to get the adds uneven (though shouldn't the adds already be grouped up and being burned by then?). Or is it really just a job for "whoever has the spatial awareness to not fuck it up."? I'm assuming you can't deterrence the insta-gib death cast so as to group them all up before tossing the ball if you're a little uneven, but correct me if I'm wrong, that would seem like a damn good reason to put the job on me.
    You want the adds to all arrive at the same time and to do that they need to have travelled the same distance from their starting position. The only way to have them do that is have them travel to someone (the person who is holding the ball) who is dead bang in the middle of the room.

    Holding the ball gives you something like a 30% damage reduction and combined with deterrence this allows you to survive the 650k ish hit that the boss does when he emerges from his submerge.

    This means that if the boss emerges on the central spot where your add gathering player is he wont have to move and so the adds will still all be travelling to the very centre of the room and arriving at the same moment. If you move to dodge the emerge then whatever add is nearer to the direction you moved is going to reach you before the others.. This will mean you would have to throw the ball before all the adds were perfectly together and the adds wouldn't be grouped as well as they could be.

    Once the adds are grouped up you can just start throwing the ball around as the adds reach each player. having 2 players just throwing it between each other works well. Have these 2 players stand about 40 yards apart (max range from the ball throwing) on opposite sides of the boss so the adds can get cleaved as they pass the boss.

    You can't deterrence (or use other immuninties) for the insta gib from the adds btw. I think that worked originally but was changed. My guild tried it on our 1st few tries and you still get 1 shotted.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 06:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggypac View Post
    Need some confirmation..

    I have read in numerous posts that there is a ~3 second window once you enter the next phase where you can pop your CD's and they reset as "normal" for P2. Anyone have any info here? I havent had the opportunity to check it out yet
    That's correct. After you zone into phase 2 you have about 3 seconds where you can use your cooldowns and then the cooldowns will reset again after that 3 or so seconds.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 07:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We seem to be transitioning during similar times, 4th platform pre-buff, 3rd platform with the buff. We've had problems with "not engaging," I assume it means literally not moving at all once you get there? We had people insisting that the mob was aggroing them as soon as they got there.
    The crossbowman wont attack unless someone attacks it 1st or gets too close. The problem is that people often attack it automatically on auto pilot. Just make sure someone calls on coms while you are flying over to not attack or even target the mob. My guild normally just strafes left or right and stands behind the pillars... It stops someone accidentally attacking because there is LOS.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-02-26 at 05:53 AM.

  10. #70
    Dreadlord Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    That's correct. After you zone into phase 2 you have about 3 seconds where you can use your cooldowns and then the cooldowns will reset again after that 3 or so seconds.
    Does it work with Heroism as well?
    For instance, when we reach 2nd phase we pop immediately our Lust. After those 3 seconds, our Lust Debuff is removed or we keep it?

    Thanks a lot,
    ~ Ogait / Pandamorium
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Does it work with Heroism as well?
    For instance, when we reach 2nd phase we pop immediately our Lust. After those 3 seconds, our Lust Debuff is removed or we keep it?

    Thanks a lot,
    ~ Ogait / Pandamorium
    If you don't spend your lust in Phase 1, then I'd assume it does. Never tried it, though.

  12. #72
    Dreadlord Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    817
    According to my Logs from yesterday night, the debuff appears to drop.

    We used Bloodlust at 00:27:04 and we reach last phase and used Bloodlust at 00:32:11. If my math doesn't fail, didn't pass 10 minutes, so I think it drops the debuff.
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    According to my Logs from yesterday night, the debuff appears to drop.

    We used Bloodlust at 00:27:04 and we reach last phase and used Bloodlust at 00:32:11. If my math doesn't fail, didn't pass 10 minutes, so I think it drops the debuff.
    I thought your question was, "if you use lust within the 3 second window in P2, will the debuff get cleared for a double-lust at the start".
    But yea, your debuff is cleared when you enter P2. And as said, I'd assume you can stack 2x lusts on top of each other, for 3 lusts in P2.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I thought your question was, "if you use lust within the 3 second window in P2, will the debuff get cleared for a double-lust at the start".
    But yea, your debuff is cleared when you enter P2. And as said, I'd assume you can stack 2x lusts on top of each other, for 3 lusts in P2.
    Someone in another thread wrote that if you try to do this, when your cooldowns reset lust drops off. Obviously I can't confirm this.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20153175

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Does anyone have any sort of benchmarks for p2 (in 10 man)? I think our best attempt (35%ish) was on the 4 or 5 spawn wave. I'm just unsure how good we're doing. That's like "halfway" through the phase, so we can expect like a 10 add wave near the end? Is that normal? Execute should go a little quicker though I guess.
    We killed 6 and ignored the first 7 spawn, the boss died half way though that phase.

    Here is our log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=3767&e=4675

    And kill vid

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
    Someone in another thread wrote that if you try to do this, when your cooldowns reset lust drops off. Obviously I can't confirm this.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20153175
    Fairly certain it does, yes. We tried lusting start of p2 before reset and it didn't work, I think this was why.

  17. #77
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    We killed 6 and ignored the first 7 spawn, the boss died half way though that phase.

    Here is our log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=3767&e=4675

    And kill vid
    You change guilds? I feel like it was different in DS, I think I would have remembered that guild name. Anyways, thanks for the video and the logs, it was a 4 or 5 wave (IE 3 adds) for whoever was asking, where we got to 35% ish.

  18. #78
    I hate this boss. On tuesday we wiped on 0.7% (3.5 million hp) due to a slow huddle at around 5%. On Wednesday we wiped on 1% after I was about 0.1 seconds too slow in passing the ball and got gibbed by an add with the boss on around 5-10%. The ball actually reached it's target rather than being dropped but I guess I threw it at the exact milisecond that the add landed his melee hit. Will probably have a nervous breakdown if we can't get it down before 5.2.

    We are so close that even little things like our feral tank having been a bit luckier with a weapon drop might have made the difference because he's still going around with a heroic dungeon staff despite using a coin every week on LFR and Heroic Spirit kings and Tsulong.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-02-28 at 03:02 AM.

  19. #79
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,099
    I'm having less and less hope of downing it. Part of the problem of being in a guild full of 30 year olds is we all have jobs and families which sometimes trump the game. Even with a roster of 13, we had to outright cancel a night last week, and only had 6 hours of time on the boss, most of which was pushing p1 pre-buff while people tried to learn what they were doing because they're so busy at work they have to rely on 3 or 4 of us to research the fight and write it up like a memo or something.

    We have 12 hours this weekend to down it, 2 of which our MT is missing, awesome, and 4 of which (different hours of course) one of the DPS we have for our ideal kill comp is missing. It's so annoying, but I guess when you have accountants/lawyers playing with you, and tax season rev's up...them's the breaks. Might be our first tier of heroic raiding we've not finished pre-next tier.

  20. #80
    Dreadlord Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    817
    Hello guys,

    I'd love to know if someone can help me out on this, because my guild is having problems killing this boss for some reason. We're constantly wiping around 10%-20% and I think the problem is somewhere and we can't identify to solve the problem and land the kill.

    We tried once, knowing that would be impossible to kill him, to use heroism at 15% and see how far we could go before wiping, which landed us a 7.8% try.
    After that for some reason, we can't reach that % because either people die from random stuff (Huddle, adds) or they DC, or we don't have the same comp for next time (losing some ranged for example) and having to go with 7 melee's...

    Anyway, I'll leave here some of our best logs and if you could have a look and see if u find any mistake we're doing, I'd be glad

    25-02-2013
    [1] - link
    27-02-2013
    [2] - link
    [3] - link
    [4] - link

    We've doing this:

    Until wave with 4 adds - All dotters use their dots on adds and focus boss
    Wave with 4 adds - Our Arcane Mages(2) + Hunters(2) + WW Monk join the adds
    Wave with 6 adds - All melee's join the Adds
    Wave with 7 adds - Everyone join the adds

    And I think this is the problem, because some times we've the boss at 20% on 7th wave and from there, boss don't lose any HP (around 1.5% - 2% between submerges), which some times wipe us there.


    About our gear, we were forced to merge with another guild to keep our 25man raids, since we're a national Guild and it's quite hard to find decent recruits these days and they have lower gear than us. (We were 25man 13/16 HC and they were 10man 9/16 HC) but not using this as excuse!

    We're concerned with this because we've less than 13 raiding hours to kill this and we want the Cutting Edge from this boss, but we're doing something wrong and we're not seeing it and not capable of adjust to land the kill.

    If you find something relevant on our logs, I'd be really glad and maybe we can tip someone

    Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium
    Last edited by Ogait; 2013-02-28 at 07:45 PM.
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •