Thread: RAM troubles

10+ Year Old Account

RAM troubles

So I think I may have ended up buying the wrong ram for my build. I'm using a Sabertooth Z77 motherboard, and this is the RAM I bought.

GSKILL Ripjaws

F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
    1.5v
    PC3-12800 4GX2 Intel MXP ready

It doesn't seem to go in all the way, and I don't want to force it. Did I end up buying the wrong ram?

And if anyone could point out what I do look for in sizes and compatibility for RAM?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    You've bought the correct RAM. It should fit into your motherboard fine. Take a deep breath. It should fit in fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    You've bought the correct RAM. It should fit into your motherboard fine. Take a deep breath. It should fit in fine.
    It really doesn't seem like it's going in. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I don't want to force it too hard. For future information, what of all of those numbers determines the size to motherboard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It really doesn't seem like it's going in. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I don't want to force it too hard. For future information, what of all of those numbers determines the size to motherboard?
    What do you mean matey? All DDR3 RAM are compatible with current mainstream AMD/Intel motherboards. The numbers on your RAM stick indicate the speed and latency of your RAM. DDR 3 ram sticks can differ in height so some manufacturers will use the letter LP (Low Profile) to advise consumers.

First of all check to see if there are any bits of debris, like cardboard/plastic, stuck in the RAM slots. Just make sure they're clear. You should be aware that the RAM sticks can only fit in one direction. Line them up and place your thumbs on both ends and apply steady force. You'll know when the sticks are in place when you hear those white holders click into place.

Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5Mb9cp38#t=73s

10+ Year Old Account
    How much force are you applying to it? RAM modules can be a bitch to put in, and people newer to building PC's (if you are) often are afraid to put pressure on it when it needs it. Just don't put all your might into it or stand on it.

May be a stupid question but are you putting it in the right way?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Also make sure the locking tabs are in the 'open' position before putting them in
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    How much force are you applying to it? RAM modules can be a bitch to put in, and people newer to building PC's (if you are) often are afraid to put pressure on it when it needs it. Just don't put all your might into it or stand on it.
    step 1 check that the locking tabs on each end of the slot and open ( tilted out )

step 2 align the stick with the ram slot that that the small slit in the ram sticks connector pens lines up with the small plastic " Bridge " in the ram slot. this is important as it is there to make sure the stick goes in the right direction

step 3 apply genital force to each end of the ram stick till it clicks down into the slot and the locking tabs flip up. if the stick rocks like a teeter totter return to step 2.

step 4 genitally press the locking tabs towards the ends of the ram stick to confirm they are locked.

congrats you have installed a ram stick

10+ Year Old Account
    step 3 apply genital force to each end of the ram stick till it clicks down into the slot and the locking tabs flip up. if the stick rocks like a teeter totter return to step 2.

step 4 genitally press the locking tabs towards the ends of the ram stick to confirm they are locked.
    I believe I speak for the entirety of the MMO-C forums when I say:

O_o
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I believe I speak for the entirety of the MMO-C forums when I say:

O_o
    I have had people ask why the stick is " teeter tottering " answer they had the stick facing the wrong direction. I guess people like the word teeter tottor so I use it. also I include step 4 cause on the rare board a lock is a lil loose or just don't lock right due to age or ware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    May be a stupid question but are you putting it in the right way?
    Yeah, I made sure of that. Finally got it in. Just needed more pressure than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Yeah, I made sure of that. Finally got it in. Just needed more pressure than I thought.
    good job and have fun with the added speed

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    I have had people ask why the stick is " teeter tottering " answer they had the stick facing the wrong direction. I guess people like the word teeter tottor so I use it. also I include step 4 cause on the rare board a lock is a lil loose or just don't lock right due to age or ware.
    I think he's referring to the genital parts. <.<

English as a second language coupled with word correct often isn't as epic as it was in your post, that's all.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics