Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    To the last 3 replies, I will just stand here listening to the echoing "WHOOSH" of the point going over your heads. Damage, even with ridiculous near-70% resilience, is completely insane, and set to go up with PvE trinkets and resilience DR coming soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    Warrior damage paired with the mobility and survival ist still insane an will continue to be so in 5.2 there are other classes (rogue in 5.2, mage, warlock, dk ) that pump out insane damage but those classes you can at least escape or counter when they go swifty. A warrior is unpeelable, unccable (fear, sap etc), unkitable and when things get ugly they just sit in def. stance 24/7 and lolseconwind. All other classes are more or less balanced in my book.
    I disagree. Warriors can be controlled, the problem is just that by the time they're out of cooldowns, charges and shit and controlled, they've most likely already bursted someone down, so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-02-18 at 02:53 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    To the last 3 replies, I will just stand here listening to the echoing "WHOOSH" of the point going over your heads. Damage, even with ridiculous near-70% resilience, is completely insane, and set to go up with PvE trinkets and resilience DR coming soon.



    I disagree. Warriors can be controlled, the problem is just that by the time they're out of cooldowns, charges and shit and controlled, they've most likely already bursted someone down, so it doesn't matter.
    I don't think you understand. The burst is high, but its not out of control. With the state of CC and the ways healers function with both dps and raw healing if players did less burst or dps no one would ever die. You came here talking about being blow up and the fact of that matter is you have more then 1 person on you for that to be happening. If the enemy rbg team is focused on burning you down you need to have peels and ccs to stop that. This is all simple stuff that when it happens it makes things a lot more balanced feeling in the actual game. Reading everything you have been saying I am confused as to what you want your druid to be able to do against 2 or 4 players on you. Prob the best mobility of any healer to be able to slip burst and control.

  3. #23
    Theres no point,i sit on fullt2 with my warlock and KFC noobs (war/hunt/hpala) sit on me and do retard dmg.

  4. #24
    am i mistaken or is this a resto druid complaining about pvp? you are the most self sufficient mobile healer in the game. you have more outright defensive cds than most classes.

    shammans mastery is still based off total % hp right?
    pally isnt as mobile and has to hard cast more....

    your two comparisons are invalid OP this is clearly a case of L2P i have never heard a Rdruid complain like you
    i think it would help you if you learned to kite
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Funny how people have such different experiences. I think healers are ridiculously overpowered in general, and get more so every expansion.
    Most people thinking that, are usually bad players who don't know how to interrupt/cc/deal actual damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    I don't think you understand. The burst is high, but its not out of control. With the state of CC and the ways healers function with both dps and raw healing if players did less burst or dps no one would ever die. You came here talking about being blow up and the fact of that matter is you have more then 1 person on you for that to be happening. If the enemy rbg team is focused on burning you down you need to have peels and ccs to stop that. This is all simple stuff that when it happens it makes things a lot more balanced feeling in the actual game. Reading everything you have been saying I am confused as to what you want your druid to be able to do against 2 or 4 players on you. Prob the best mobility of any healer to be able to slip burst and control.
    Actually the CC and interrupts make burst stronger and not healing, most people thinking that healers are overpowered play on quite a low rating and have no idea how to properly deal with them. A warrior alone can keep you from casting for a very, very, very long time while dealing ludicrous amount of damage at the same time.
    Any two competent DPS will blow up a healer or another dps in very short order. Competent DPS that is, something the vast majority of "healing is overpowered QQ" aren't. Most people crying about healing being to strong are the same kind of people who think that fake casting is an exploit.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2013-02-18 at 04:18 PM.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,149
    I'm tired of people thinking that if they stack resilience, they should have the license to be passively invincible to burst damage without using cool downs to survive it.

    Guess what? If the other team locks you down in a well timed burst set up and you have no defensive cool downs or no help from team mates; you deserve to lose. I'm sure you don't complain about burst damage when you're the one winning against people with the same resilience. This game has always been about knowing the right time to use offensive and defensive cool downs. If a warrior wastes his shield wall on survivable damage, he should be punished when the other team puts out non survivable damage.

    Nerfing pvp power and buffing healers just rewards bad play. I really like where the game is right now. You have to be fast to react to offensive cool downs rather than sitting on your ass half the game. People who complain about Burst damage in this game are either bad or just hate losing. Some people just have such a big ego about themselves that they feel that they should survive every encounter despite the odds stacked against them.
    RIP "The Commander."
    Aqua - Turn Back Time
    Redemption - "Madness, chaos, suffering, damnation, darkness; nothing can ever drown the light of hope."

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,646
    I play a healer myself because its extremely easy to play one and mistakes is not a big deal. Im leveling up a resto druid now for the lols and im liking it myself but yeah resilience can feel nonexistant with cd stacking everywhere.

    I dont understand why CD stacking is a good idea but Blizzard is Blizzard..
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-02-18 at 04:55 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm tired of people thinking that if they stack resilience, they should have the license to be passively invincible to burst damage without using cool downs to survive it.

    Guess what? If the other team locks you down in a well timed burst set up and you have no defensive cool downs or no help from team mates; you deserve to lose. I'm sure you don't complain about burst damage when you're the one winning against people with the same resilience. This game has always been about knowing the right time to use offensive and defensive cool downs. If a warrior wastes his shield wall on survivable damage, he should be punished when the other team puts out non survivable damage.

    Nerfing pvp power and buffing healers just rewards bad play. I really like where the game is right now. You have to be fast to react to offensive cool downs rather than sitting on your ass half the game. People who complain about Burst damage in this game are either bad or just hate losing. Some people just have such a big ego about themselves that they feel that they should survive every encounter despite the odds stacked against them.
    People who complain about healing in this game are either bad or just hate losing. In all honesty the PvP is worse then at any point in WoW history ever before and the vast majority of people agree on that. I'm fairly sure you're playing a warrior from some of your other posts, so you liking the current PvP isn't really a big surprise.
    There are more interrupts and more CC in the game than ever before and it does not make for enjoyable game play. Even Cataclysm PvP was better than this.


    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I play a healer myself because its extremely easy to play one and mistakes is not a big deal. Im leveling up a resto druid now for the lols and im liking it myself but yeah resilience can feel nonexistant with cd stacking everywhere.
    You can't compare leveling phase or random battlegrounds to Arena/RBG. The whole PvP at the moment is in fact very unforgiving once you cross a certain treshhold, something I doubt most people here have ever done before or will ever be able to.
    I dont understand why CD stacking is a good idea but Blizzard is Blizzard..
    This on the other hand is true.

  9. #29
    Yup gear gap is ridiculous this Xpac. Makes me want to quit PVPing every time

    Plus ridiculously powerful burst from some classes and healers being very weak made oneshoting very frequent. Resilience is more powerful ever, but burst is even more powerful
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-02-18 at 06:22 PM.

  10. #30
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    Pillar humping and LoS isnt the only way to avoid damage..
    in bgs if you see 12 horde dancing and you are alone dont run into them than you wil get slaughterd!
    Not fighting and waiting for back up is a good way to avoid damage
    Sometimes, running and sacrificing yourself in a random BG isn't that bad of a bad tactic if the other team is especially stupid and thinks it'll take most of the team to kill one person. I have won games by doing this. Diversionary tactic for the win! The sad thing is how often that works :x

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    People who complain about healing in this game are either bad or just hate losing. In all honesty the PvP is worse then at any point in WoW history ever before and the vast majority of people agree on that. I'm fairly sure you're playing a warrior from some of your other posts, so you liking the current PvP isn't really a big surprise.
    There are more interrupts and more CC in the game than ever before and it does not make for enjoyable game play. Even Cataclysm PvP was better than this.
    You're trying to hide your own bias by trying to apply it to me. I don't even play a Warrior, I main DK. Stop putting words in my mouth by acting like I enjoy this game because it favors DPS. I enjoy the game because you can't sit on your ass half the game and have to be quick enough to react to offensive pressure as well as making split second decisions that affect the rest of the game. When the game has too much healing, its okay to make more mistakes. At higher levels, games last way too long and become a mana war.

    If you nerf burst damage, you have to increase the amount of CC in the game because nothing will die. Healing is powerful in the fact that if you don't have the healer CC'ed half the game, you can't win. Its unrealistic to think that if you nerf one aspect of the game, that everything will be balanced.

    Not as if anything that I tell you matters. You'll just ignore everything I say just like with my original post and make me look like some sort of monster. You don't have to agree with me, I understand everyone has different experiences within this game and are using this forum as a way to convey their ideas. But stop with the whole "You like DPS cause you play a DPS." Stop trying to incite class/role loyalty because it gets the discussion nowhere.
    RIP "The Commander."
    Aqua - Turn Back Time
    Redemption - "Madness, chaos, suffering, damnation, darkness; nothing can ever drown the light of hope."

  12. #32
    Trying to deny that your role gives you bias also gets you nowhere. If you think the CC/Interrupts/Burst of current PvP are okay, then you are quite frankly not just biased, but also oblivious or just playing on a team that outgears everyone. It's not just a healer exclusive viewpoint that the CC, interrupts and burst has gotten out of control.

    But what do I know, right? According to your own words, I must be some yokel who sits on my ass half the game, because that's the only logical reason to you. Anything else wouldn't fit into your personal logic.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    Warrior damage paired with the mobility and survival ist still insane an will continue to be so in 5.2 there are other classes (rogue in 5.2, mage, warlock, dk ) that pump out insane damage but those classes you can at least escape or counter when they go swifty. A warrior is unpeelable, unccable (fear, sap etc), unkitable and when things get ugly they just sit in def. stance 24/7 and lolseconwind. All other classes are more or less balanced in my book.

    lmfao @ balanced. Warrs are getting hardcore nerfs in 5.2 but even now they can easily be CC'ed, peeled and kited unless they're getting dispelled constantly. They have 1 root break, 2 if you count avatar and both are talents you have to take. They have 1 fear break that they've had since Vanilla. They can't get out of stuns, poly, hex, snares, cyclone or anything else without trinket or dispels. Their problems are more than getting addressed as usual. But it's the constant flow of tears that drives Blizzard to make the class dog shit just like in Cata. Warrs aren't allowed to be good because people aren't used to it. Only certain classes such as mages and rogues are considered normal when they're god tier.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  14. #34
    To slow down pvp so retards can catch some action.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    To slow down pvp so retards can catch some action.
    Then it aint working.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

  16. #36
    Brewmaster schwank05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sanborn, MN
    Posts
    1,496
    They should do what GW2 does with PVP, where you are given all the gear and respecs you need for free and just go in and PVP.

  17. #37
    Dreadlord aeir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    most places, recently
    Posts
    781
    resto druids are getting healing buffs, i think.

    i personally think that healers have the most interesting part of the game, even tough some burst can seem albeit too much.
    in depth.

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Trying to deny that your role gives you bias also gets you nowhere. If you think the CC/Interrupts/Burst of current PvP are okay, then you are quite frankly not just biased, but also oblivious or just playing on a team that outgears everyone. It's not just a healer exclusive viewpoint that the CC, interrupts and burst has gotten out of control.

    But what do I know, right? According to your own words, I must be some yokel who sits on my ass half the game, because that's the only logical reason to you. Anything else wouldn't fit into your personal logic.
    I explained why I enjoy the current state of pvp. A lot of people in this thread including yourself like to say how terrible the state of pvp is in, give reasons why its bad, but never actually explain what would be a better route and explain why it would be better than the current set up.

    Please elaborate on why buffing resilience, removing CC's and removing interrupts/silences is better for this game. That's the whole point of the thread. Its not about how I play a damage dealer and my points are invalid because I play one.
    RIP "The Commander."
    Aqua - Turn Back Time
    Redemption - "Madness, chaos, suffering, damnation, darkness; nothing can ever drown the light of hope."

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Trying to deny that your role gives you bias also gets you nowhere. If you think the CC/Interrupts/Burst of current PvP are okay, then you are quite frankly not just biased, but also oblivious or just playing on a team that outgears everyone. It's not just a healer exclusive viewpoint that the CC, interrupts and burst has gotten out of control.

    But what do I know, right? According to your own words, I must be some yokel who sits on my ass half the game, because that's the only logical reason to you. Anything else wouldn't fit into your personal logic.
    IMO I think you want to be able to live through retarded amounts of dmg like healers are used to doing. In todays pvp, just dosn't work like that. Missing a slip, a CC or a timed peel could result in you get worked. You may or may not be a rated player from an older pvp season and you could be a rated player now, but one things for sure you should be implying you don't like the way this pvp season is set. Because to be honest, resil stacking healers do just fine. They are not OP, but if protected they do thier jobs.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 03:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I explained why I enjoy the current state of pvp. A lot of people in this thread including yourself like to say how terrible the state of pvp is in, give reasons why its bad, but never actually explain what would be a better route and explain why it would be better than the current set up.

    Please elaborate on why buffing resilience, removing CC's and removing interrupts/silences is better for this game. That's the whole point of the thread. Its not about how I play a damage dealer and my points are invalid because I play one.
    I wonder a lot if we DR every CC with eachother and buff resil, what kinda game would we have? Games like in s3 that never ended? To be honest I don't know what would fix the problems of the current pvp game. I just try to learn to work with it. I would like dmg to be lower, less ppl exploding and healers running oom a lot faster. I'd like less buttons to deal with in pvp that do the same shit. I'd also like everyone to have a racial trinket. But, if we did all that some high sustained dps would oom healers faster then burst classes. Double healer comps and things like that would imbalance the game. : /

  20. #40
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    They should do what GW2 does with PVP, where you are given all the gear and respecs you need for free and just go in and PVP.
    I and any sane competition-focused person would agree that would be best. The reality is, is:
    1) Blizzard wants there to be a gear grind to keep you playing longer to keep you paying longer and
    2) People like being more powerful than other people

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •