Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You're trying to hide your own bias by trying to apply it to me. I don't even play a Warrior, I main DK. Stop putting words in my mouth by acting like I enjoy this game because it favors DPS. I enjoy the game because you can't sit on your ass half the game and have to be quick enough to react to offensive pressure as well as making split second decisions that affect the rest of the game. When the game has too much healing, its okay to make more mistakes. At higher levels, games last way too long and become a mana war.
    I'd really love to know on what rating you are playing, because in all honesty I doubt it's going to be very high. First of all, a DK is in some regards worse then a Warrior, only their lacking defense against meles keeps them somewhat in check. That being said, CD stacking and a lot of burst damage rewards bad DPS, it allows them to simply tunnel something into the ground spamming all their cool downs without having to worry about anything whatsoever.
    If my team (Warrior, Shadow, Rshaman) can drop someone from 100% to 0% in a single successfull windsheer on their healer than that is far, very far from good play or us being skilled. Same goes for the other team. Just land a single CC and tunnel something into the ground through defense CD's without a care in the world.

If you nerf burst damage, you have to increase the amount of CC in the game because nothing will die. Healing is powerful in the fact that if you don't have the healer CC'ed half the game, you can't win. Its unrealistic to think that if you nerf one aspect of the game, that everything will be balanced.
    No you don't. Game worked just fine before when we had healing equaly as bursty and fast as damage and far less CC. In fact by your logic seeing how there is so many CC and interrupts flying around alongside immense burst damage we'd actually need healing buffs! Sadly Blizzard seems to balance this whole game around the 1.5k range and your average bad player.

Not as if anything that I tell you matters. You'll just ignore everything I say just like with my original post and make me look like some sort of monster. You don't have to agree with me, I understand everyone has different experiences within this game and are using this forum as a way to convey their ideas. But stop with the whole "You like DPS cause you play a DPS." Stop trying to incite class/role loyalty because it gets the discussion nowhere.
    I challenge your points because they are plain wrong and show me the picture of the average bad DPS who think he's suddenly skilled because he's doing enormous ammounts of damage. In RBG our horrible equipped DK regularely is at the very top of the DMG meters just by happily hiting whatever buttons is shining at that moment. That is NOT good and tactical play as you seem to think it is.
    Playing a DPS is easy, easy as hell, always has been always will be. It doesn't require much knowledge. Just write an macro that allows you to use all your cd's at once and tunnel something into the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything you said was basically "You suck, your class sucks, it takes no skill and I'm better." There wasn't any explanation of why your idea of buffing healing, buffing resilience, removing more CC's and interrupts is better for the game. I want to know why you think its better more enjoyable rather than reading how bad I am at this game. People have different perspectives on what is better for the game and I want to see it from you're point of view and an explanation. In the end, its ultimately up to Blizzard in which direction the game goes.

I gave my reasons why I enjoy the current state of pvp. Now I want to hear why you enjoy it in a different fashion. That is the point of this thread and the discussion.

If Blizzard has the gear scaling technology to scale everyone in the level 10-19 bracket to level 19, why can't they use that same technology to squish the various PvP gear sets closer together in level 90 battlegrounds and arenas?

I understand why there is gear progression in PvP and how that adds to the fun. I also see why they have to have good ilvls on the PvP gear in order to keep the PvP gear better at PvP than the PvE gear. However, I don't understand why it's a good thing to have such a big gear disparity in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I and any sane competition-focused person would agree that would be best. The reality is, is:
    1) Blizzard wants there to be a gear grind to keep you playing longer to keep you paying longer and
    2) People like being more powerful than other people
    Neither of which are valid justifications for it, especially given that they could still have PvP gear sets to grind - save they would be purely vanity sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Go into an arena with no resilience and you'll answer your own question

Roll a damage dealer ... and you'll complain how you can't kill a healer without burst.

PS : People never see from both side

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Neither of which are valid justifications for it, especially given that they could still have PvP gear sets to grind - save they would be purely vanity sets.
    I absolutely agree, and I've yet to see a sane argument otherwise.

Resilience is there to prevent people in PvE gear from blowing you up, not people in PvP gear.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Resilience is there to prevent people in PvE gear from blowing you up, not people in PvP gear.
    Which they could eliminate using a method I suggested - lower everyone's stats to a predetermined level. Let the players who say PvP is about skill and not gear put their money where their mouths are.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They could just give everyone the same set in arena but u you can't buy the set for trans mog till u get 27000 conquest. All that gear grind does is fuck over people with alts and people who started late in the season. Its not hard to get full conquest anyway just play x games every week.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're Resto druid by the looks of it, just guessed from 1st few posts didnt read the whole thing

stack Resil, DO NOT wear any raid trinkets or darkmoon trinket,
    ALWAYS prehot yourself hebind a pillar/box before coming out in open
    cc as much as u can, when warrior pops all his swifty 1 shot macro shit, use tree and counter it, make sure to trinket shockwave after charge or its gg for u.
    Constantly shift, dont just walk with hamstring on you, and DO NOT backpaddle

make sure Enemy health bars turned on Shift+V, and i piss warriors off just by sitting in travel form and pillar hump, watching which way he goes and just go opposite of him,

Main problem with Resto druids right now hots heal for shit after global Battle Fatigue nerf and cc not being on DRs
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2013-02-19 at 07:27 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    They could just give everyone the same set in arena but u you can't buy the set for trans mog till u get 27000 conquest. All that gear grind does is fuck over people with alts and people who started late in the season. Its not hard to get full conquest anyway just play x games every week.
    They don't even need the same set; they just reduce all stats to a set level, as in challenge modes.

Which they could eliminate using a method I suggested - lower everyone's stats to a predetermined level. Let the players who say PvP is about skill and not gear put their money where their mouths are.
    Have you seen a PvP server lately? How many people go there to fight other equal level players in an all-out fight, and how many go there to gank lower level characters?

I don't think the majority of people who pvp want even footing. Remember what happened with twinks in lower level brackets? Before the no-xp change, everyone talked about how they just liked the lower level playstyle, not easy kills.... then the option to turn off xp goes in, and twinks are grouped only with other twinks, and the population died. Those that actually meant what they said still do those brackets, but their numbers are far smaller. I expect you'd see the same thing happen with max level people if your proposal were implemented; there would be some people who actually enjoyed the battles on even footing, but most would just be upset they couldn't get a gear advantage to help ensure victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Have you seen a PvP server lately? How many people go there to fight other equal level players in an all-out fight, and how many go there to gank lower level characters?

I don't think the majority of people who pvp want even footing. Remember what happened with twinks in lower level brackets? Before the no-xp change, everyone talked about how they just liked the lower level playstyle, not easy kills.... then the option to turn off xp goes in, and twinks are grouped only with other twinks, and the population died. Those that actually meant what they said still do those brackets, but their numbers are far smaller. I expect you'd see the same thing happen with max level people if your proposal were implemented; there would be some people who actually enjoyed the battles on even footing, but most would just be upset they couldn't get a gear advantage to help ensure victory.
    That's kinda the point; demonstrating people's hypocrisy and falsehoods. It is also the simplest and most permanent solution for the gear disparity.

There is no reason in resilience beyond trying to make fights go much longer, irritating and impossible to use gear from pve in pvp and gear from pvp in pve.
    Blizz should revert pvp into vanilla state, it was perfect those days. Everything people cry out, about FOTM classes, impossible to kill healers and shit, its all the fault of lots of resilience. Lots of CC added is also fault of resilience. Resilience is unneeded crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    There is no reason in resilience beyond trying to make fights go much longer, irritating and impossible to use gear from pve in pvp and gear from pvp in pve.
    Blizz should revert pvp into vanilla state, it was perfect those days. Everything people cry out, about FOTM classes, impossible to kill healers and shit, its all the fault of lots of resilience. Lots of CC added is also fault of resilience. Resilience is unneeded crap.
    Yes, it was perfect before the introduction of battlegrounds and arenas...No joke. But, PvP is a fait accompli.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    there is no reason in resilience beyond trying to make fights go much longer, irritating and impossible to use gear from pve in pvp and gear from pvp in pve.
    Blizz should revert pvp into vanilla state, it was perfect those days. Everything people cry out, about fotm classes, impossible to kill healers and shit, its all the fault of lots of resilience. Lots of cc added is also fault of resilience. Resilience is unneeded crap.
    :derp:

ye its so bad you cant use pve gear in pvp =DDD

why is this thread filled with 1200 rating people?

plump spoiled brat healers complaining when it takes 5 to bring them down.

They got it to good.

Now that's a good question lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I have 62,5% resilience now. People of my class and spec in the best gear possible have 67,5%. I get blown up with no chance to the point that it's almost laughable by people in Malevolent Elite. I could expect to have around 67,5% if I could somehow get the best gear possible tomorrow. This is an increase in effective health of around 136k. Sounds like a lot, maybe, but in today's amount of burst, especially what a Warrior can put out with his super-skill swifty macro, it's 1 more hit from an ability. And I'd get that from going from half 1/1 half 0/1 Dreadful to 2/2 Malevolent Elite.

Tell me why people bother to play healers, again? Or better yet, convince me not to abandon any healer that isn't a shaman or paladin?
    With only full dreadful and gemmed for Spirit, I can take on 3 geared people EASILY for quite a long period of time as a MW Monk. Healers are just that broken. It is only after they bash on you for about 5mins and you have had noone try to help in those entire 5 mins that things get hard.