Poll: Should humans be able to use PVE trinkets in PVP ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    EMFH should be baseline ability for all classes.
    Felt this way for awhile, but I don't see it happening soon.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Human racials don't change the fact that a majority of top arena teams are still Horde. Human racial is OKAY. Compared relative to berserking or blood fury in PvE, EMFH for its niche isn't half as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    [/COLOR]

omg people wake up ! about what Horde racial for dps gains r u talking about ?? u can equip trinkets so much powerfull in pvp that i wanna spit on all other racials !
    when u r rogue or hunter and u have Rune of Re-Origination trinket with 1 more bursting trinket others wont have any change vs u !
    You can't start a discussion then tell people to wake up because they disagree with you.....

Tbh most of my chars are human, but I'd take the racial of the orcs over EMFH any day,

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did . So...

and orc racial might be good enough in pvp ! and best in horde for me but nothing compared to EMFH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Racials aren't as game changing in PvE as they are in PvP.

3% PvP power permanently might not sound like a lot, but it does make the difference.

easiest fix is make the Badge trinkets unique.
    BS! That's why all the famous guilds are either Horde or switched to Horde by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    EMFH should be baseline ability for all classes.
    Smartest post in this thread.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

They need to buff alliance racials for both PvE and PvP before they nerf EMFH. Hey, also remember at the blizzard China tournament pretty much every team was horde, mostly orc and undead (plus shaman and druids are strong and alliance options are crap). You can't just ask for the only okay racial on alliance to be destroyed without giving them something in return.

Why can't Humans keep EMFH but improve on the racial abilities of other races to be on par? Make choosing a race more important beyond aesthetics.

Sounds like a bunch of Horde kids who want to keep their good racial abilities and nerf the only decent Alliance racial ability.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Racials aren't as game changing in PvE as they are in PvP.

3% PvP power permanently might not sound like a lot, but it does make the difference.

easiest fix is make the Badge trinkets unique.
    cause a fight only being possible by horde due to a racial (0-lights yogg with blood elve's aoe silence) means they "aren't as game changing".
    this was after the rogue aoe silence was removed from FoK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans need an overpowered racial to make up for being the most boring, generic race in the game. Plus there character model is ugly as sin..

Really? you roll that as your first choice as your main in wow? /facedesk.

Deleted
    Personally I like the idea of removing all racial abilities that give specific races an instant and 'significant' advantage in a pvp or pve scenario, I say 'significant' as many people would consider 3% PvP Power to be significant at the top level of competition.

But I believe racials are an integral part of the game and always have been, I'd have no problem with keeping fun, cosmetic racials such as undead cannibalize or goblin rocket jump. Even the profession racials are fine and provide no significant advantage to any of the classes, after all you would expect the likes of Tauren to be more skilled herbalists, and Goblins to excell in the field of alchemy, it just provides greater individuality between the races.

Well thats my two pieces on the issue. (I've played both horde and alliance for long periods of time and I have to say Humans are kinda OP in pvp)

Race Change is how many $$$? Yeah, not gonna change anytime soon. This is Blizzard we're talking about.

Came here expecting a different subject...... I am dissapoint

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Humans need an overpowered racial to make up for being the most boring, generic race in the game. Plus there character model is ugly as sin..

Really? you roll that as your first choice as your main in wow? /facedesk.
    When unarmored I agree that humans look terrible, at least the males. However, when armored they look the best in my opinion. Better proportioned across the board than the other races for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    When unarmored I agree that humans look terrible, at least the males. However, when armored they look the best in my opinion. Better proportioned across the board than the other races for the most part.
    That is pretty much the same as saying covering a turd with icing. I would sooner have a more intresting looking race regardless.
    Also, pandaren win nowadays in terms of how armor looks on a character.

yet most of the top players are not alliance, or human? <hey im mvp> moved AWAY from alliance.

i see a lot of those players stating that undead or orc are better choices.

the human racial is not as good as it once was, when some PvE trinkets were actually better than PvP ones.

Remove them all I say! And redesign them with something completely cosmetic only.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'm an advocate of removing racials in general. If it weren't for them, people would play what they liked rather than what's best, and I think the game needs to encourage that more. The human racial is definitely the best, but if they nerfed it, undead or something else would take over. Better to just remove them all, I'd say.
    I dunno as someone who played a warrior for the last 8 years I find shadowmeld and the worgen sprint to be way more useful.
    Then again I was never big on arena and I can see how shadowmeld is somewhat less useful in such small scale pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Removing racial skills would make all races same and dull. If Blizz removes them, they should replace it with something else like 4rth unique spec i have talked about previous thread

humans must be nerfed without any question
    omg people wake up ! about what Horde racial for dps gains r u talking about ?? u can equip trinkets so much powerfull in pvp that i wanna spit on all other racials !
    when u r rogue or hunter and u have Rune of Re-Origination trinket with 1 more bursting trinket others wont have any change vs u !
    First of all, let me assure you that I agree that the human berserker racial is, indeed, pretty much overpowered in PvP, and I would gladly see it go away.
    Second of all: the first part of this post makes no sense. Removing racials would make it bland, but said blandness could be balanced out by a racial specialization? Now; don't get me wrong, but I don't think you fully understand the concept of synergy. In fact, while I will immediately believe that you are a good player (because I have no good reason to assume otherwise), I do not believe that you understand the mechanics of this (or any other) game. Your racial spec idea sounds cool, but that's all it does. Coolness factor. Implementing something like it would be absolutely horrible in effect, and transform the game into 'Pick this race for this role.' Want an elven tank? Too bad; can't have that. The disparity would be incredibly, the Druid class would turn into an absolute cluster****. For instance.
    Basically: It's an incredibly awful idea.
    Which brings us to racial abilities. Now; from a player point of view, racial abilities are cool. They give you something extra, which is cool. And suchmore; cool. But from a mechanical point of view, racial abilities aren't all that great. Take, for instance, the Elemental Shaman. Why would anyone ever roll anything other than a Troll herbalist Elemental shaman? The amount of haste buffs is staggering! Between Troll Berserk, Bloodlust, Lifebloom (minor, but still) and Elemental Mastery, you've got four haste cooldowns without even popping a single trinket. Makes it pretty bloody great for Enhancement as well. Restoration shamans? I don't see why you'd want to play anything but a Goblin. The standard 1% additional haste really helps in healing throughput for PvE. If you're more PvP-inclined, you probably cannot go wrong with Tauren (though Rocket Jump is definitely worth something there).
    To be honest: There's no reason to choose an Alliance race if you want to go Shaman. Dwarf? Awesome shamans, but... Stoneform? Really? Removes bleeds and grants 10% damage reduction for 8 seconds? Yeah... No. Reasonably useful in PvP when focussed by a warrior or kitty... For a very, very short time at least. But otherwise? No thank you. Spacegoat's Gift of the Naaru? Whoo.. A free heal with a long cooldown. Sorry, no go. It really won't do enough.
    Similarly, if you go Mage, then, ironically, Blood Elf is pretty bad. Its racial? Arcane Torrent. It's a mild interrupt (non-players only :S), and minor mana return.

Etcetera, etcetera.

Racial abilities force you into a niche. If you want the good build, you need to pick the correct race. Rather than the race you'd actually LIKE to pick. Human is just one example of this.

For the game, it's much better to do away with racial abilities altogether... Or perhaps make them cosmetic only. You know; like Arcane Torrent. :P

By the way, a third thing I wanted to point out: If you want to debate something, it really helps if you were to actually write correctly. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to make spelling mistakes; I wouldn't want to grammar-nazi or anything the like, but honestly: When you start using (sometimes aggressive) abbreviations such as 'u' and 'omg,' people tend to believe you're not a terribly bright individual, and therefore, that you are probably wrong altogether.
    In other words: Rage less.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-02-19 at 05:47 AM.

Deleted
    The Horde are moaning about an apposing faction having an OP racial...
    seriously?
    On topic: Yes it's very strong in PvP. I personally think it should be made baseline so that players have more choice of which trinkets they'd like in PvP and give Humans a different racial.