WoWs graphical style.

While it is looking dated, I still think it looks great - but how would Azeroth translate to another graphical engine? Would it still keep the charm or would it be lost in translation so to speak - I'm actually really intrigued to see an Azeroth on Cryengine or Unreal 4.

I'm not saying WoW should be moved to a more advanced engine - I'm just wondering if I'm the only one whose wondered what it would look like in a more realistic high definition setting.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I definately think WoW would lose a lot of what seems to make it... WoW haha :P

Many games like Age of Conan, Warhammer online etc run on very modern engines, but have a tendency of making all surfaces look as if they're polished... it's hard to describe but I hope you know what I mean :P

I wouldn't care so much about the character looking all grim and dark as long as the scenery felt right.

The color intensity tends to make the game feel more cartoony, visually, so if they turned it down a little, it might feel more right. Take Duskwood, Silverpine, and Shadowfang Keep. All are very grim and gritty and feel very fantastic in terms of medieval spookiness.

Shadowmoon valley is another example of a very grim setting.

I guess what I'm really getting at is that the graphical style isn't what makes it feel like a cartoon, but the coloring and saturation of it.

Turn down the lights, turn up the night/darkness, turn up the torches - make the game feel spooky again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo it would lose a lot, it wouldnt feel unique, atleast to me. The graphical style its one of the reasons im atracted to the universe. Kinda why im also keeping an eye on WildStar.
    It would be pretty intresting if the graphical art style would change in maybe a single player rpg like Kindom's of Amalur? that'd be pretty cool. But as for WoW itself, changeing it completely, would be a huge mistake imo. Not to mentions its softer on older machines aswell, for ppl that are semi new to PC gameing.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I wouldn't care so much about the character looking all grim and dark as long as the scenery felt right.

The color intensity tends to make the game feel more cartoony, visually, so if they turned it down a little, it might feel more right. Take Duskwood, Silverpine, and Shadowfang Keep. All are very grim and gritty and feel very fantastic in terms of medieval spookiness.

I guess what I'm really getting at is that the graphical style isn't what makes it feel like a cartoon, but the coloring and saturation of it.

Turn down the lights, turn up the night/darkness, turn up the torches - make the game feel spooky again.
    Im in full favor of this!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has that real fantasy World Game graphics, something i prefer alot in a MMORPG, i myself don't need all those fancy graphics, i don't find that into the game spirit, thats why i choose to pay for wow each month so i can actual feel im in a game, not a second new world :3

I do think WoW needs some better lining. like look at the human nose, i don't look at that face twice :P
    But in general, WoW has best Game style themed graphics in my opinion.

I also think WoW will lose alot of subs if they go in the nowadays graphics, it loses its "WoWepicTheme" Graphics xd

Deleted
    Plenty of WoW's models are over 10 years old. I do think time has proven that the graphical style of choice is spot on - the game's graphics still haven't lost its charm. And the engine isn't as efficient as people tend to claim, just some effects like shadows. At least all the mmos I've tried have been worse performers with my hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

thinking about it, thats exactly what makes WoW... WoW, every other game feels very flat in terms of colour and vibrance
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day