Deleted

fangs of the father at 90

how much easier is getting the legendary daggers at level 90? I assume the only hard part left is the stealth part, right?

The hardest part is just taking the time to collect the stuff, but other than that yes, bosses health pools make it a joke now.

Pretty much, the "boss" fights should be an irrelevancy and if you can do the raid enough times, the stealth part will be the only challenging part.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Even the stealth part is easier at 90 due to your increased stealth level vs the detection level of the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Even the stealth part is easier at 90 due to your increased stealth level vs the detection level of the mobs.
    Are you sure? during the quests u have a 2-3 yd radius circle around you, if a mob enters the circle u're unstealthed, i don't think circle is smaller at 90, but having done this at 85 i can't obviously test it now...

The reason for the bigger circle is because the mobs in those quests have better stealth detection than a typical 85. Typically level 85 mobs have 425 stealth detection and a level 85 rogue has 440 stealth. The quest mobs instead of having 425 stealth detection they might have, for example, 440 detection (I don't know the exact value). At level 90 your stealth level is 465. At 90 you might be able to get away with say 1-2yd shorter detect range. It might be worth it for a 90 to test. Or an 85 to test with boots that have http://www.wowhead.com/spell=17746 or with http://www.wowhead.com/item=21758. Or with both.

Edit: Found the buff on wowhead. The buff they have increases their stealth detection by 30, so they have the stealth detection of a level 91 mob. Link: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=106198. Being level 90 reduces your chance to be detected by quite a bit.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-02-18 at 08:51 PM.

I didn't find the boss parts challenging even at 85. All you really needed to do is kidney, kick, recup and such at the right time. The only hard part of the stealth was the last stint before the boss for the second stage daggers. Even then, if you just hit vanish and sprint then book it, you could make it.

Deleted
    I dont think the normal stealth detection radius has anything to do with the stealth quests. If they did then why did they put in the circles in the first place?

I believe the circles are a different stealth detection mechanic simply because they are circles. the normal detection mode isnt an invisible circle, it has to do with position and range e.g. you can be a lot closer to a mob when youre behind it compared to how close you can be to a mob when youre in front of it. in the legendary questline stealthmissions it is completely irrelevant whether youre in front of the mobs or behind them you just have to be outside of the circles.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    I didn't find the boss parts challenging even at 85. All you really needed to do is kidney, kick, recup and such at the right time. The only hard part of the stealth was the last stint before the boss for the second stage daggers. Even then, if you just hit vanish and sprint then book it, you could make it.
    If you want to do it the hard way. The easy way is to distract the patrolling elementals, sap a mob near the arcane crystals, sabotage the crystal, then move away and watch it kill all the mobs near the crystal (and the elementals when they patrol back).

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    I dont think the normal stealth detection radius has anything to do with the stealth quests. If they did then why did they put in the circles in the first place?

I believe the circles are a different stealth detection mechanic simply because they are circles. the normal detection mode isnt an invisible circle, it has to do with position and range e.g. you can be a lot closer to a mob when youre behind it compared to how close you can be to a mob when youre in front of it. in the legendary questline stealthmissions it is completely irrelevant whether youre in front of the mobs or behind them you just have to be outside of the circles.

You didn't read what I said. The mobs have level 91 stealth detection. That's much higher than a typical 85. Rogues will have a lot of experience with how close they can get to a mob at their level, or +1-3, these mobs had 6 levels of increased stealth detection. All the normal rules of engagement don't apply so you need a guide. Those circles serve as that guide. I could be wrong, but it'd have to be tested. Maybe an 85 could test with shadow walk, or have a level 90 test to see. (most conclusive results would probably be a level 90 with shadow walk which is level 97 stealth).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-02-19 at 07:36 PM.

Go the back way; it's really easy. Most people specced Subt just to get ShS to take the back way, then respecced for the boss. Now we just have to talent ShS.

If you're an engineer, you can also just glide in.