Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Does PE have improved AI as well as improved damage?
    Nope, I was apparently talking out of my ass.

    I tested with the precast and it did nothing. Looks like I was wrong. I'll be changing my opening sequence, I guess. :x

    Edit: WAIT. I have an idea. If you precast searing totem, then run my rotation, the AI from searing totem may carry across to the FE totem as it did that first time I tested. Inc results, lol.

    HAH! It does indeed.

    So my new opening sequence is (lol):

    1. Cast Searing Totem (potential, actually, for a searing totem tick here as well between the LB hitting and the FE cast on #6)
    2. Prepot
    3. LB
    4. FlS
    5. LvB
    6. FE
    7. SL
    8. Ascend (+lust)
    9. LvB

    Incidentally, Sarac, I had missed that you cast EB along with a SL, which is significantly longer than 3 seconds. Which means you could potentially proc twice, although it's quite unlikely. Basically the same chance as this opener to proc once during the SL and Ascend pop. Using PE gives a lot shorter time for the opening sequence.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-19 at 09:59 PM.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  2. #42

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    1. You're talking a very small chance at ONE extra LvB vs. the guaranteed damage of a precast LB. Sure, very rarely the LvB will pull ahead. But the LB is predictable.
    When it happens more often then not I wouldn't call it a small chance. Actually it happens 80% of the time if not more.
    2. There's no way you get two LvB procs in the space of 3 seconds.
    Think again...it happens with Ele blast + SL + pottential LvB...so the extra LvB actually gives chance for another, etc....
    3. How funny, since I just now walked up to the dummy in shrine, flameshocked, and then cast fire elemental. The ele immediately immolated and attacked, running his full duration without me casting a single spell other than the flame shock immediately before it. :|
    I saw you edited so ^^

    Oh, you know what? I bet it's because you're running EB and I run PE. I have improved AI on mine, so it immediately begins attacking if flameshock is on the target. Confusion solved. I suppose it's probably best for each of us to continue with what we use, considering that.

    Edit: nevermind, I tested it again to make sure and it didn't the second time. I had tested searing totem right before that, so the combat before must have triggered something. Gonna try with the precasted LB to see if that changes anything. I'm positive that damn thing always attacks the second it drops when I'm on bosses.
    So yea, I don't see any potential dps increase in your rotation.

  4. #44
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    So yea, I don't see any potential dps increase in your rotation.
    There's a potential tick of searing totem, a precasted LB, and a potential LvB proc; plus everything else that's in yours other than the potential for ONE extra LvB proc that would further delay ascendance, possibly causing you to lose uptime from Skullbanner and other raid CDs. Not only that, you are running EB, meaning you have an extra ~2secs for that LvB proc that I wouldn't have due to running PE; which likely means that I am already sitting at the maximum possible LvBs prior to ascendance that PE can accomplish. I'll take my chances.

    Also, there's no way in hell you're seeing 80% chance for two procs in the space of... what... 5 seconds? You would need something like an 82% proc chance from ticks for that to be the case. As far as I know, Lava Surge is a 20% chance. Meaning the chance of getting 2 procs in the space of 5 seconds is somewhere around 20% ish, assuming 3 ticks of FlS.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-19 at 10:17 PM.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    There's a potential tick of searing totem, a precasted LB, and a potential LvB proc; plus everything else that's in yours other than the potential for ONE extra LvB proc that would further delay ascendance, possibly causing you to lose uptime from Skullbanner and other raid CDs. Not only that, you are running EB, meaning you have an extra ~2secs for that LvB proc that I wouldn't have due to running PE; which likely means that I am already sitting at the maximum possible LvBs prior to ascendance that PE can accomplish. I'll take my chances.

    I already stated in a previous post that if you run with PE it is different, but the OP isn't..which is what we were discussing in the first place...I'm going on about topping dps with OP's abilities...not yours. :P Delaying Ascendance with 1-2 GCD doesn't matter...it's 500k free dmg.

    Also, there's no way in hell you're seeing 80% chance for two procs in the space of... what... 5 seconds? You would need something like an 82% proc chance from ticks for that to be the case. As far as I know, Lava Surge is a 20% chance. Meaning the chance of getting 2 procs in the space of 5 seconds is somewhere around 20% ish, assuming 3 ticks of FlS.
    Try it before you say it isn't possible, it is possible, and happens really really often.
    10 chars :P

  6. #46
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    10 chars :P
    I still see no reason not to precast a LB, even running the rotation that you do. As for your "try it and see," you're giving completely anecdotal information as evidence for something that can be empirically proven wrong using the actual proc percentage.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I still see no reason not to precast a LB, even running the rotation that you do. As for your "try it and see," you're giving completely anecdotal information as evidence for something that can be empirically proven wrong using the actual proc percentage.
    You gave feednack on the fire ele engaging combat with a DoT, I tried it to convince myself by doing the test on weither it could be true or not...and it was not, but it seems you cba to do the same yet claim it is better to do it your way. Writing down stuff is worthless if you haven't actually tried it yourself...that's the whole point of discussing and trying new stuff...to find the best possible output.

    I've done it your way in the past, and it was simply lower dps output on my char...I couldn't care less if the procc chance was 0.1%, the fact is that it proccs almost always in my rotation.

    But now were really going off track, I'l leave this poor guys thread. :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •