Heroic Lei Shi Damage?

Ok I am 494 Ilvl and really pulling around the 80k mark as far as I am aware I am doing the optimal rotation

Clip Rupture Sub 2 seconds, save up some energy to get at least 2 mutts during envenom, SnD and stuff remains up and I don't clip Envenoms.

worldoflogs.com/reports/0wj05hw6ppbu53jx/

My raid leader is complaining that I am not doing enough dps, but honestly I can't find anything that really would increase my dps besides having more up time. Also we have not killed him yet.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Tokkr/simple
    armory

Deleted
    You are doing something wrong with the buffs on Lei Shi HC...and 80k is really not that much with 494 Ilvl, have to look at the logs now

Well if you could find out whats wrong I would be most grateful if anything is wrong that is.

During your longest try Scary Fog had 29% uptime on Lei Shi. No idea how 10 man tactic is different from 25, but it's really really low.

Deleted
    your raid is probably doing something wrong with the stacks on the boss. how is your dps compared to other raidmembers? I imagine 80k is pretty much on the bottom but how much does your top dps do?

Everyone seems to be doing about 100k though as compared to say my 80ish? Am I doing something wrong or granted most of them are in the 500ilvl range except for teh warrior who is still raping me in damage.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:04 AM ----------

What I suspect is that as with assassination damage from melee and poisons is our top damaging ability and there is a pretty decent time between being on him full times, so my raid leader likes to look at raid bots and says well rogue dps is near the very top. But I kind of think that sub 35 perecent and with lust at 20 I would start making up for lost damage, but thats only a guess.

Deleted
    Is assasination better then combat at leishi HC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrih View Post
    Is assasination better then combat at leishi HC?
    The fight is about your single target damage so Assassination does pull ahead. You do not need to cleave and you do not need your CDs up so often. Everything is very situational and random. If you feel more comfortable playing Combat, then by all means.

You need an addon to tell you how many stacks of Scary Fog are up on Lei Shi. Time your CD usage accordingly with that, his next Special and his next Guardian summon.

Your group is basically failing the scary fog - that debuff needs to be near to 100% time up the boss. You will see dps skyrocket.

Also it depends a lot on how much hide phases the boss does (SO ANNOYING).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Your group is basically failing the scary fog - that debuff needs to be near to 100% time up the boss. You will see dps skyrocket.

Also it depends a lot on how much hide phases the boss does (SO ANNOYING).
    Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    You need an addon to tell you how many stacks of Scary Fog are up on Lei Shi. Time your CD usage accordingly with that, his next Special and his next Guardian summon.
    These describe the primary issue with Lei Shi. I'm not seeing anything big on your log (looking at attempt 11 specifically); rupture/DP look good, envenom would be low for patchwerk but Lei Shi... isn't that. Gear is probably the biggest issue in your separating from the other DPS, but you look more "middle of the pack" than behind to me. Am I missing something?

In short, your team should be fine when you manage Scary Fog much much better, and your damage will improve most when you analyze energy/cooldown usage to coincide with SF being on target, and preferably at high stacks (when you can choose). Don't forget to ensure Vendetta will last - the time with the longest "boss uptime" is right after hide or the beginning of get away, when she isn't about to hit a 20% marker.

The best thing a rogue can bring to this fight during progression is Nerve Strike, Prey on the Weak, and a 5CP KS on the target add. Feint and Cloak during Get Away is pretty sick too, especially the later ones. Not to mention Sprint+FoK during Hide to find her quickly.

Honestly your damage isn't that bad though. Your raid's problem appears to be bad tank swaps, loose adds, and healing through Get Away. DPS should not be a concern until you're hitting enrage.

Since you're 2-healing, you will not have enrage issues unless Scary Fog gets royally fucked up. It sounds like your raid is just frustrated and blaming it all on your damage.

Protip: My raid found it much easier to 3-heal with healers doing DPS for the majority of the fight. We went from wiping over and over because a few random deaths with 2 healers to hitting enrage a few times then killing it with loads of time to spare with 3 healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The best thing a rogue can bring to this fight during progression is Nerve Strike, Prey on the Weak, and a 5CP KS on the target add. Feint and Cloak during Get Away is pretty sick too, especially the later ones. Not to mention Sprint+FoK during Hide to find her quickly.
    You shouldn't sacrifice your DPS to use Feint as the damage is not that bad, especially with three healers. Use Cloak and Prep as often as you can. The more damage you do, the quicker you break Get Away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    You shouldn't sacrifice your DPS to use Feint as the damage is not that bad, especially with three healers. Use Cloak and Prep as often as you can. The more damage you do, the quicker you break Get Away.
    20 energy per 5/7s for a 50/65% reduction seems like a pretty good tradeoff to me. People are dying to Get Away in his logs, so it's a useful reduction.

I'm completely for leaning on healers for extra DPS, but smart use of Feint has a positive impact on the entire raid's survival when it gets tight.

Another important thing related to get away: move the boss near the center of the room everytime. Many times i've seen groups failing because they tanked it in a wrong place and then he blinks + aoe and everyone is far from the boss (especially melees that are much better for breaking it).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Feint should definitely be used during Get Away!. A 65% damage reduction for 7s at the cost of 20 energy is well worth it and allows your healers to focus on other important raid members(such as those with stacks). Be sure not to use your CDs if boss is close to add phase or if it's a toss up between Hide and Get Away. Your damage seems fine for the low uptime on Scary Fog to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryk View Post
    Feint should definitely be used during Get Away!. A 65% damage reduction for 7s at the cost of 20 energy is well worth it and allows your healers to focus on other important raid members(such as those with stacks). Be sure not to use your CDs if boss is close to add phase or if it's a toss up between Hide and Get Away. Your damage seems fine for the low uptime on Scary Fog to be honest.
    And obviously cloak of shadows off cooldown is a good idea.

You might want to have some combopoints saved for special ability casts, mainly because of hide. This way you get to reapply rupture immediately when she's active again. Having shadowstep for get aways is nice aswell. Basically, you want to stay ahead of the fight so you're prepared for what's going to happen soonish. This along with proper usage of scary fog and handling the adds quickly is the way for a kill.

I don't know if I should be pointing this out but I assume it's ok especially when this has not been changed since release of terrace: If your shaman glyphs grounding totem and uses grounding totem just before the pushback & damage starts, it will negate most of the damage. Most of the raid won't take a single damage tick even.

Is this your dps in the middle of an attempt or by the end?

Your dps will not be great until the last 40%. By then you will have your cooldowns back, during execute, with your pot, with ~15 stacks of Scary Fog, and you will do silly numbers

In terms of general tips for the encounter:

- Use COS for Get Away. You will take no damage. Do not use it off cooldown as said above - that is terrible advice.
    - Spec Elusiveness and have Feint up for all of Get Away.
    - Shadowstep is great. Personally I saved Sprint for Get Away though. It is more stable. Shadowstep is really good for getting onto the adds though.
    - Spec Nerve Strike and 5cp Kidney if your tank is dying.
    - Set up weak auras for Scary Fog to (i) make sure you are not in it and (ii) check stacks are on the boss/adds for your cooldowns.
    Last edited by jtstormrage; 2013-02-18 at 09:10 AM.