Poll: Which reptilian race would you like to see become playable?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Your statement is only partially true. All of the known black dragons on Azeroth except Wrathion are dead, but there are known black dragons currently elsewhere. As for the blue dragonflight your statement is simply wrong.
    It's technically not wrong. The Blue Dragonflight as an organization was officially dissolved at the end of Tides of War. The blue dragons are still around, but they're not one dragonflight anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No it isn't. The Blue Dragonflight has disbanded officially, they are no longer a flight, they are just a few blue dragons who are now individuals.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Blue_dragonflight

They have a leader, Kalecgos. At least one of us did a 10 second search to make sure I wasn't pulling shit out of my ass.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Sauroks look like they use the same skeleton as worgens
    Right now I believe they do. Though it's no different than Jinyu using the NElf male skeleton.

Obviously if they became playable they would receive a new set of animations.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

They have a leader, Kalecgos. At least one of us did a 10 second search to make sure I wasn't pulling shit out of my ass.
    Outdated information. Read "Tides of War" and stop acting like a know-it-all, when you in fact aren't.

EDIT: How about reading stuff in the link you post there mate? "More and more left their home at the Nexus daily, until finally Kalecgos declared the flight disbanded and all blue dragons free to follow their own individual desires." and "Because of their diminished numbers, first from Deathwing, then the Nexus War, and then the Shattering, the blue dragonflight decided to go their separate ways. The few remaining blue dragons have scattered across the world, no longer affiliated with any organization."
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-02-18 at 07:55 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Ootdated information. Read "Tides of War" and stop acting like a know-it-all, when you in fact aren't.
    Or hell, just watch the ending cinematic of Cata. That pretty much sums things up. The aspects mean jack squat anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

He's not their leader anymore. It doesn't look like that article has been updated for MoP (although it does briefly mention the dragonflight separating).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Or hell, just watch the ending cinematic of Cata. That pretty much sums things up. The aspects mean jack squat anymore.
    True, but that doesn't have a thing to do with the blue dragonflight being dissolved.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd be all for anything really. I enjoy playing reptilian races ever since my (numerous) Iksar in Everquest

Outdated information. Read "Tides of War" and stop acting like a know-it-all, when you in fact aren't.

EDIT: How about reading stuff in the link you post there mate? "More and more left their home at the Nexus daily, until finally Kalecgos declared the flight disbanded and all blue dragons free to follow their own individual desires." and "Because of their diminished numbers, first from Deathwing, then the Nexus War, and then the Shattering, the blue dragonflight decided to go their separate ways. The few remaining blue dragons have scattered across the world, no longer affiliated with any organization."
    I stand corrected, but I would like to mention the fact that A/ Blue dragons weren't even mentioned in my post on dragonflights, and B/your initial disagreement could've quoted this to begin with. I read the page, and missed the one sentence at the top of the page. The actual information in the body (which normally contains the most specific information in an article) lacked this. But don't fool yourself and anybody else right in one argument on the internet that everybody here isn't internally trying to be a "know-it-all." Why disagree to begin with, especially when blue being disbanded was irrelevant? My statement never assumed all dragonflights must find a faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    I'd be all for anything really. I enjoy playing reptilian races ever since my (numerous) Iksar in Everquest
    All I'm going to do is link this.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:S...haracter_Race)

Sarnak... Saurok...

Reptilian race? Meh, what I want to see is our first non-bipedal races.

Centaur (Horde) and Dryad (Alliance) ideally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Dragonspawn, but I've reconsidered. Saurok lore, while not greatly developed, still has much potential. The whole created as slaves for the mogu thing seems interesting, and perhaps with the upcoming quest in 5.2 where you go into a Saurok camp disguised as one, their culture will be expanded upon. Also, they have pretty wicked designs, and I honestly wouldn't mind if they stuck with the worgen skeleton, since I'm a big worgen fan as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd rather have drakonids, myself. If Wrathion finds a clutch of eggs in big brother's lair or something and raises them as his own private army, that'd be a cool basis for the race. Then have them go off into the Alliance and the Horde as secret agents being used by Wrathion to guide the various factions - the whole 'rule from the shadows' kinda thing.

Though I wouldn't mind something new, either.

I loathe the Naga. If they became a playable race, I would hope there is an option to make them invisible.

Dragonspawn - imo. Would be fun too see the aspects lend a hand the only way they can now, with their kids - as heros.

I kinda wish there was a more traditional kobold in game, a reptilian around the height of a dwarf, maybe a little higher in this setting, maybe as tall as a human's shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I loathe the Naga. If they became a playable race, I would hope there is an option to make them invisible.
    Every other race gets the ability 'slay naga' which instantly removes them from the game.

scrolling a bit down...

Status Disbanded

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for Dragonkin, but a thought occurred to me.

I always wondered why they didn't have something akin to this as a form of character progression: Didn't we learn in Blade's Edge that mortals can be converted to dragonkin. Why could that not be a form of character progression at cap? Quests, dungeons, etc. related to a series of trials issued by whichever color you chose to be able to transform into a bipedal dragonkin of one of the flights? Perhaps keep it as a shape-shift thing, for people who don't want to look like one but are after the benefits.

It could also be associated with other races.

I'm sure there are plenty of better ideas regarding fleshing that out, and plenty of arguments as to why they would be better as a base race, but there seems to be a lot of potential to hash out capped-level progression.

I don't really want a Reptilian race, but I'd be jumping with joy at the opportunity to play a Mantid.

I know it'd never happen.. but damn.. Mantid are awesome.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.