Poll: Which reptilian race would you like to see become playable?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naga for sure. It would require some effort, but they could be a pretty unique and stellar playable race.

None at all. if they implement reptiles, we get them for the cost of another race we would have gotten instead.
    Since we already have dogs, and pandas i cant think of anything more terrible than reptiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Drakonids, dragonspawn, naga, whatever Maloriak is.

Saurok would be pretty cool to have, although I'd love to have playable drakonids. ;D
    Maloriak is an overgrown imp...

Voted something new, because I don't want to play naga, saurok are pretty unintelligent, and dragonspawn/drakonid doesnt really fit imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to finally just make the other old world race playable. Ogres FTW.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The problem with the naga is that they aint humanoid enough for blizz to make armour look good on them

For example how can you fit a pair of boots on a Naga?
    The same way they'd show pants. Not at all or with a special template, just like they do for the Draenei/Tauren/Worgen.

For Naga, armor isn't an issue at all.

It's
    a: Who get thems?
    b: What story is used?
    c: How do they use mounts?

Of these, the third is most problematic but not insurmountable.

EJL

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGCosmicHorror View Post
    Crash Kunark into Azeroth, let Iksar choose faction like pandarens and then just ride that smooth money train to the end.
    Just rip it off. We find a new continent around the world from us and Iksar join the Horde, Sarnak join the Alliance.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The same way they'd show pants. Not at all or with a special template, just like they do for the Draenei/Tauren/Worgen.

For Naga, armor isn't an issue at all.

It's
    a: Who get thems?
    b: What story is used?
    c: How do they use mounts?

Of these, the third is most problematic but not insurmountable.

EJL
    Pay attention to the letters here.

A. Pandaren really solved this by introducing neutrality. Now that brings up another problem I'll cover later.

C. Difficult, but not impossible. The question is what happens to the tail... they can't wrap it around an Elekk or Goblin Trike. Likely the solution here is to give them a Highborne form they use when mounting.

B. Here is the difficult one. All the Naga we've seen worship Azshara. Even the ones we've worked with do it because we share an enemy in the Kvaldir. Let's also not forget they serve N'zoth. What in all of Azeroth could be so bad that they betray their Light of Lights and an Old God?

And now, as I said I would....

D. What is added with them?

Assuming they go neutral, history shows that they wouldn't be all we get. There would be either 1-2 more races, or a new class.

Now if this takes place after we go to Argus, and Demon Hunter was already added, I'd say go ahead and add whatever class you want. But if it's before DH, then the class has to wear mail armor, and I can't think of any off the top of my head for that.

As for race.... well that's easier, maybe Jinyu and Murloc for Alliance and Horde respectively?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    A. Pandaren really solved this by introducing neutrality. Now that brings up another problem I'll cover later.
    Neutral, Horde or Alliance are all possibilities.

C. Difficult, but not impossible. The question is what happens to the tail... they can't wrap it around an Elekk or Goblin Trike. Likely the solution here is to give them a Highborne form they use when mounting.
    Which would work....but could be seen as a poor solution.

B. Here is the difficult one. All the Naga we've seen worship Azshara. Even the ones we've worked with do it because we share an enemy in the Kvaldir. Let's also not forget they serve N'zoth. What in all of Azeroth could be so bad that they betray their Light of Lights and an Old God?
    B is easy. Naga rebels. Stromrage loyalists Night Elfs caught up in the spell. Sunstrider Highborne who didn't get to leave the city in time. A Night Elf magic experiment gone wrong. There are several possibilities open for background lore.

D. What is added with them?

Assuming they go neutral, history shows that they wouldn't be all we get. There would be either 1-2 more races, or a new class.
    In TBC, we got 2 new races. In LK, we got a new class. Cata brought 2 new races. MoP brought in 1 race and 1 class.

Now if this takes place after we go to Argus, and Demon Hunter was already added, I'd say go ahead and add whatever class you want. But if it's before DH, then the class has to wear mail armor, and I can't think of any off the top of my head for that.
    Don't think it matters. The only reason armor type exists at all is to separate out the gear. It's why hunters wear mail instead of leather. You'd have too many classes going for the same gear.

As for race.... well that's easier, maybe Jinyu and Murloc for Alliance and Horde respectively?
    Jinyu ARE Murloc. Obvious race choice for the Horde would be ogres.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Just rip it off. We find a new continent around the world from us and Iksar join the Horde, Sarnak join the Alliance.[COLOR="red"]
    Blizzard will just buy those other franchises and we'll visit them via portals (a la TBC).

Rift is actually the Old Gods trying to burst through from their plane.
    EQ is just another world.
    The shift from EQ -> EQ2 world was a Shattering by their "Earth-Warder" type.

Things get pretty interesting when you consider Star Wars inclusion.

OT: I still think some of these things, especially Drakonid, should be considered as character progression rather than their own race.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Maloriak is an overgrown imp...

Voted something new, because I don't want to play naga, saurok are pretty unintelligent, and dragonspawn/drakonid doesnt really fit imo.
    No he's not, read his dungeon journal entry. He was a human once, who was captured and experimented with.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Jinyu. They're sorta lizardy and reptilian, they're smart and it would make sense for them to be a playable Alliance race.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

Which would work....but could be seen as a poor solution.
    I agree it's a piss-poor solution. But I also can't think of what to do with that tail unless you were to restrict them to using only certain mounts. But people would hate that as well.

B is easy. Naga rebels. Stromrage loyalists Night Elfs caught up in the spell. Sunstrider Highborne who didn't get to leave the city in time. A Night Elf magic experiment gone wrong. There are several possibilities open for background lore.
    The most likely is for them to pull an Ebon Blade. But I can't think of what after 25,000 years would make them betray their Light of Lights and an Old God.

In TBC, we got 2 new races. In LK, we got a new class. Cata brought 2 new races. MoP brought in 1 race and 1 class.
    Well it's clear there is no trend, MoP destroyed the trend.

Don't think it matters. The only reason armor type exists at all is to separate out the gear. It's why hunters wear mail instead of leather. You'd have too many classes going for the same gear.
    Yes, but look at this.

Vanilla
    Cloth: Priest, Mage, Warlock
    Leather: Rogue, Druid
    Mail: Shaman, Hunter
    Plate: Paladin, Warrior

Now
    Leather: Rogue, Druid, Monk
    Plate: Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight

It's clear Blizz is trying to fill out the armor types, which would also allow fix the problem with some raid tokens having more classes (1 token per armor type). The next class will be mail and the only 3 potential classes I can see are Demon Hunter (easy to use mail), Bard (probably leather or cloth), Tinkerer (could possibly wear mail).

Jinyu ARE Murloc. Obvious race choice for the Horde would be ogres.
    Why Ogres in an expansion about water? Ogres would sink like a stone in the kiddy end of a swimming pool.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    All of them are highly unlikely.
    Not at all. Metzen even flat out said they would like to add Naga one day.

If we go back to Outlands in Expansion 4 or 5 (because the Burning Legion isn't done yet!), I'd love to see the Arakkoa (Bird-like race) become playable.

According to http://www.wowwiki.com/Race_ideas, they seemed likely at the time! While it's true they don't really leave the Terokkar Forest, the Pandaren almost never leave Pandaria AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED, THEY BECAME PLAYABLE ANYWAYS.
    Yes, but Pandaren still live on Azeroth. Arrakoa live in Outlands, and almost never leave Outlands.

Naga or Dragonspawn/Drakonid: Both races are extremely hostile. Naga for sure won't be on Alliance as Night Elves would probably leave Alliance if that happened. The biggest issue would be models, animations, and hitboxes, as they've said have always been an issue in the past because people kept thinking Nagas would become a playable race. These WILL NOT anytime soon and probably NEVER become playable races.
    Dragonspawn are not hostile. Red, Green, and Bronze dragonspawn are if anything, friendly with the Allaince. Blue dragonspawn under Kalecgos have no reason to be hostile to the Alliance either. The fate of any Black Dragonspawn is questionable at this point. But if any remain, they likely aren't hostile anymore.

Naga certainly seem hostile. But so did Eredar, and look we now have a lawful good version of them playable. Anything is possible with races who have not been fully fleshed out.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-02-19 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Dragonspawn/Draknoid - It would be the easiest option, since it would be creatively easier for Blizzard adding new models and new lore for them.
    • Naga - It would be the most obvious choice as the naga already have their own lore, their own architecture and in fact they were a playable race in Warcraft 3 and are the most expected playable race.
    • Saurok - It would be the fastest option, as it would be just a matter of adding new innovative lore. I remember the time when I was talking about Asaathi/Saurok in these same forums years ago and nobody believed me ... now they are already between us.
    • Something new - It would be the most impossible choice, since there are already many reptilian races.
    • None at all - It would be the most boring option, because for a long time the great public has wanted to play with reptilian races.

Before the Pandaren became a neutral race, I would have bet on this:

Click to enlarge

However, given the circumstances, the logical choice would be the Naga for the Horde and a new race for the Alliance, or more likely, the Naga as a new neutral race available for both the Alliance and the Horde...

In fact, having the Nagas as a new playable race would be a two for one: they would be a reptilian race (beloved by many) while they would be an aquatic race (also beloved by many).
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-02-19 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was at least one naga heretic (I think he was loyal to Neptulon?) imprisoned in the Slave Pens in BC. They could easily expand on that idea now that the naga have captured Neptulon.

Deleted
    Honestly, Murlocs.
    And if you don´t think they´d be cool enough, check out this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/792...ter-11_28_2012
    I´d love to play a Murloc Rogue.

Deleted

Deleted
    I would love to be a naga. They're just...so awesome! And personally I can see them joining either faction, being mutated Night Elves and therefore also like secondary cousins to the Blood Elves. While Night Elves hate them, Blood elves worked alongside them temporarily, and hey - why can't there be a small band of naga who were forced to work for Azshara? Being twisted for their unwilling servitude, and wishing to take revenge against the queen who doomed them?

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    None at all. if they implement reptiles, we get them for the cost of another race we would have gotten instead.
    Since we already have dogs, and pandas i cant think of anything more terrible than reptiles.
    Because the only playable races should be humans, short humans, shorter humans and recoloured humans and pointy-eared humans. What an exciting world you live in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurok are just worgen copies, so no.

Naga use to be high elves and a group of self opinionated obnoxious tools, so no.

Dragonspawn would need a very good reason, but doable, so maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Vanilla
    Leather: Rogue, Druid
    Plate: Paladin, Warrior

Now
    Leather: Rogue, Druid, Monk
    Plate: Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight

It's clear Blizz is trying to fill out the armor types, which would also allow fix the problem with some raid tokens having more classes (1 token per armor type). The next class will be mail and the only 3 potential classes I can see are Demon Hunter (easy to use mail), Bard (probably leather or cloth), Tinkerer (could possibly wear mail).
    But Demon Hunters like as little and as light as passable. Mail would be to heavy for them. They would have to be cloth, maybe leather. Which is one of the reasons I think the next class should be Tinker, they would probably ware mail.