Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    4-5 Significant Spells
    Disc has exactly the same number of "significant spells" as holy, whats your point? PoH/CoH/PoM/Gheal (?)/cascade(or w/e lev 90 talent you prefer) and 3 mins cds in the LW/DH/GS form, and I can guarantee you that if you have other spells they are doing insignificant healing (of the under 3% variety). Disc uses PoH/Penance/PoM/Gheal/ PWS/Holy fire/smite/cascade(or another lev 90 talent) and cds in the form of PS/barrier/spirit shell/archangel. I hate to break it to you but you dont have significantly more buttons to push than disc. Actually, they are so similar, that my binds for holy and disc are the same and I only replace penance bind with coh one, and the main differences are only a couple of cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    Disc has exactly the same number of "significant spells" as holy, whats your point? PoH/CoH/PoM/Gheal (?)/cascade(or w/e lev 90 talent you prefer) and 3 mins cds in the LW/DH/GS form, and I can guarantee you that if you have other spells they are doing insignificant healing (of the under 3% variety). Disc uses PoH/Penance/PoM/Gheal/ PWS/Holy fire/smite/cascade(or another lev 90 talent) and cds in the form of PS/barrier/spirit shell/archangel. I hate to break it to you but you dont have significantly more buttons to push than disc. Actually, they are so similar, that my binds for holy and disc are the same and I only replace penance bind with coh one, and the main differences are only a couple of cds.

My point was simply that atonment should only be extremley high on specific fights, and shouldn't be top on all of them.

No need to get fiesty, I wasn't attacking or being rude. I was just pointing out you shouldn't try to make it one of your only spells to cast. It's a great filler for most fights, and on some like wind lord/elegon its exceptional and probably your most cast spell simply because of how much rape it offers bosses DPS wise, and healing wise.
    Last edited by HPLathus; 2013-02-20 at 02:00 AM.

Atonement is probably my #1 heal (other than DA) on something like 13/16 fights this tier (10m)... it's kind of broken and is only going to get worse in 5.2 with penance buffs. Part of the problem is that the damage version of penance scales much better than the healing version.

Don't keep mentioning it or they'll just keep nerfing us. :P

For real, I already hate the new mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    Don't keep mentioning it or they'll just keep nerfing us. :P
    Atonement should be nerfed to the ground, if I wanted to play a mindless spec I'd go level my rogue.

Keep in mind, without atonment. in 5.2 disc won't have much ;x

At this point they either need to make disc a DPS healer like in Rift, or make us a shield bot.

We can't do both without being OP, plus Mistweaver monks dps heal better anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Not using atonement to at least build archangel is simply gimping you and the raid massively. However, on certain fights atonement is pretty much the best way to heal even outside of that (especially on 10 man), penance and holy fire are very strong, both in output and mana efficency. Smite is significantly worse but still almost (targetted, grace and ss might give heal some use, some day) outright superior to things like heal (quicker, better output, ~same mana efficency) while adding dps.
    Atonement is incredibly efficient (very low overhealing) and would be worth it even without that extra ".5 of a DPS" you give the raid.

I've seem some pretty big numbers from disc priests who emphasize atonement. It's not the prevailing style of play but when DA gets nerfed in a couple weeks, it might become more attractive.

I used to hate "smite spam" but in MoP I've grown to really like atonement.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 04:32 PM ----------

Atonement should be nerfed to the ground, if I wanted to play a mindless spec I'd go level my rogue.
    I would think it's obvious that if you are an "atonement priest" it's not the ONLY thing you are mindlessly doing.
    Last edited by HardCoder; 2013-02-23 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    I would think it's obvious that if you are an "atonement priest" it's not the ONLY thing you are mindlessly doing.
    Now, no, but with the nerfs we're seeing to all our other tools in 5.2 (and atonement getting buffed) it might end up being close to the only thing we do on several fights.

Now, no, but with the nerfs we're seeing to all our other tools in 5.2 (and atonement getting buffed) it might end up being close to the only thing we do on several fights.
    Spamming SS+PoH is way stupider than atonement.

If you find your rogue boring then stop playing combat. Sub says "hello."

Deleted
    Spamming SS+PoH is way stupider than atonement.
    Not really no, admittedly that's stupid as well but at least you have to chose a target and look at the raids positioning to maximize the benefit. Atonement is litterarly a 3 button rotation with the boss as a target.

If you find your rogue boring then stop playing combat. Sub says "hello."
    I haven't leveled my rogue for mop, nor do I play inferior specs if I have the choice.

Not really no, admittedly that's stupid as well but at least you have to chose a target and look at the raids positioning to maximize the benefit. Atonement is litterarly a 3 button rotation with the boss as a target.

I haven't leveled my rogue for mop, nor do I play inferior specs if I have the choice.
    Lol inferior specs. L2 actually play instead of Mutilating once every 3 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayturr View Post
    Lol inferior specs. L2 actually play instead of Mutilating once every 3 minutes.
    I'd be delighted to see you prove me wrong. I'm sure every single top player plays assassination or combat purely because they find sub too difficult, lucky you being the only one who has the ability to master such a complex spec.

I'd be delighted to see you prove me wrong. I'm sure every single top player plays assassination or combat purely because they find sub too difficult, lucky you being the only one who has the ability to master such a complex spec.
    Post constructively.

I enjoy atonement a lot in MoP. Being on a cutting edge progression guild, that extra .5 dps .5 healer can make the difference when you want to 2 heal but you need to 3 heal.

Deleted
    Post constructively.
    Yeah, the guy I quoted definitely deserved a constructive response, shame on me.

I enjoy atonement a lot in MoP. Being on a cutting edge progression guild, that extra .5 dps .5 healer can make the difference when you want to 2 heal but you need to 3 heal.
    I'm not saying that it's a bad, it's great in 10 man even now (and will be way better in 5.2). I'm saying that it resembles a very boring dps spec (at least every proper dps spec has a rotation of more than 3 buttons), and not healing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I enjoy Atonement way more than Fistweaving on my Monk. Jab, TP, Jab, Jab, BK, Jab, Jab, BK, Jab, Jab, Forehead hits Keyboard, Drool, Drool, Electrocutes Gamer.

I'm not saying that it's a bad, it's great in 10 man even now (and will be way better in 5.2). I'm saying that it resembles a very boring dps spec (at least every proper dps spec has a rotation of more than 3 buttons), and not healing.
    It's not a proper DPS spec. The less than proper DPS spec part has 3 or 4 buttons. But meanwhile you have other healing buttons to push.

As far as playing sub in PvE goes? With multiple short buffs to keep up, even when the spec was hot shit in the 2nd half of Cataclysm, it wasn't terribly popular. There is a point where the people who say they want a complicated spec to play don't actually play it because in reality it's a pain in the ass even if the performance is theoretically better. You can ask warlocks about that.

Deleted
    The days when you could ignore atonement are over the moment patch descends. In 5.2 if you don't like atonement don't play disc. Even in 5.1 not using atonement nerfs your throughput hard, but in 5.2 you won't be viable at all without it.

Atonement will make or break you

Deleted
    The dificullt of every class u set yourself. Sure some are harder then others to get out min/max. But disc priest is uniq and u often feel in 10man u make some huge difference. Anticipate dmg and respons fast on it, getting the most out of Rapture, know when to smite and when to use archangel. Pure Atonment healing will never be the ultimate way and has never been apart from ultraxion hc when u had a op hpala with u maybee. Shields, raid cd's and mana hymn and the dmg u can bring this is the most versatile healing class there is. And do u not like disc priest then change class/spec not harder then that no reason to go emo over it.