Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Ppl dipping in and out of zones that let them phase to another realm is the biggest issue in my mind. Its like WoWs version of Vietnam and gankers are just jumping the border into Laos. This has had a negative effect on the responses of pvpers on my realm for sure. Before 10 or so ppl were always ready to respond to one of the few pvp/defense channels claims of cities being pinged. Now almost nobody does because the ppl doing it just jump back to their realm or into another zone phasing them. Since you also don't run into the same ppl with the frequency you used to one your own realm nobody really pays attention to the usual suspects like they used to.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Wait what? CRZ allow for far, far, far more people in every single last zone than ever before. CRZ means that you're not just fighting your own server but people from dozens of servers. There was no flying in Classic.


    People complaining about being unable to level, at all is actually a valid complaint. There are certain zones where leveling is completly impossible on a lot of battlegroups because the level 90 gankers outnumber the questing people by 10-20x. Blasted Lands, Hellfire Peninsula, Hyjal and Vashjir. The people going around ganking from what I could see so far are mostly PvE scrubs. They are people in horrible gear who get stomped in competitive PvP and thus have to take out their frustration on low level who can't fight back. They have no idea what real PvP ist for the most part.

    In all honesty, hiding behind phasing to gank low levels for hours completly locking down without anyone being able to do anything because nearly all 90's are in a different phasing zone has nothing to do with world pvp. It's griefing and sadism, plain and simple. And if you actually hunt down these PvE people they either mount up and just hover over you till you eventually leave because they don't stand a chance or they log onto your server and start flaming you.
    You chose your server.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You chose your server.
    Was it called "gankfest by shit-eaters who have rage issues after being assfucked in proper PvP so they need to vent their frustration on people who have zero ability to respond"-server? Must've missed that. I'm pretty sure it was marked just "PvP"-server.

    I'm yet to hear any proper PvP player say something along the "yeah, that's totally what I wanted" lines. On the contrary, pretty much every skilled and rated PvP-player says that this is just griefing plain and simple for sake of griefing, as every wimp who does that promptly hides in face of any danger.

    The sooner Blizzard understand that it is majority that thinks so, the faster this will be fixed in some way. (Honorless kills, level bracket restriction, whatever).

    (Side note, just now some rogue tried to poke me near Halfhill post box, got ass full of DoTs and fled to phased ranch to lick his wounds sub-10% HP. Was that PvP? Did it bring anything to my evening of play? Yeah, right.)
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-02-18 at 08:11 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I just find it funny that people used to love the "epic" battles in Stranglethorn and Tarren Mill, but now they can't handle a little world PvP.
    The "epic battles" most speak of took place between groups of characters around the same level, with limited mobility preventing easy hit-and-run tactics (sounds like the basic formula for a BG, doesn't it?).
    The game has, however, moved on. Most world PvP these days consists of some massively more powerful one shotting a low level character or dozen, then using their mobility to leave the scene before any retaliation can happen. That, or the same powerful character obliterating a quest hub hoping someone around their level will come to it's defense (unlikely).
    I'm told that world PvP at roughly the same level is just as fun as it ever was, it's just hard to find even with CRZ, since even a single high level character in a zone massively skews the quality of local world PvP.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Was it called "gankfest by shit-eaters who have rage issues after being assfucked in proper PvP so they need to vent their frustration on people who have zero ability to respond"-server? Must've missed that. I'm pretty sure it was marked just "PvP"-server.

    I'm yet to hear any proper PvP player say something along the "yeah, that's totally what I wanted" lines. On the contrary, pretty much every skilled and rated PvP-player says that this is just griefing plain and simple for sake of griefing, as every wimp who does that promptly hides in face of any danger.

    The sooner Blizzard understand that it is majority that thinks so, the faster this will be fixed in some way. (Honorless kills, level bracket restriction, whatever).

    (Side note, just now some rogue tried to poke me near Halfhill post box, got ass full of DoTs and fled to phased ranch to lick his wounds sub-10% HP. Was that PvP? Did it bring anything to my evening of play? Yeah, right.)
    Someone's raging a lot harder than he claims the gankers are.

    I, as someone who's pretty much never ganked anyone unless they've ganked me first (say kill my level 40 Warrior repeatedly on their level 80, I get on my 90 and kill them once or possibly twice - way of life), think CRZ is great. It allows for a lot more competition without me having to kill the same guy over and over (I genuinely don't like that, even if they're the same level as me, unless we're about equally matched). Gankers have always been a problem, this doesn't change it.

    Lastly, as for your comment about PvP having to bring something to your evening... That's just laughable. PvP is not about being fun for everyone who participates. It's not LFD or LFR.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Was it called "gankfest by shit-eaters who have rage issues after being assfucked in proper PvP so they need to vent their frustration on people who have zero ability to respond"-server? Must've missed that. I'm pretty sure it was marked just "PvP"-server.

    I'm yet to hear any proper PvP player say something along the "yeah, that's totally what I wanted" lines. On the contrary, pretty much every skilled and rated PvP-player says that this is just griefing plain and simple for sake of griefing, as every wimp who does that promptly hides in face of any danger.

    The sooner Blizzard understand that it is majority that thinks so, the faster this will be fixed in some way. (Honorless kills, level bracket restriction, whatever).

    (Side note, just now some rogue tried to poke me near Halfhill post box, got ass full of DoTs and fled to phased ranch to lick his wounds sub-10% HP. Was that PvP? Did it bring anything to my evening of play? Yeah, right.)
    yes and its far worse then in vanilla. but hey vanilla did noting wrong vanilla wow is the best. and cata destroyed everyting.

    if you don't like gankers then reroll normal server. pvp servers has always been that way. and talking about rage issues. maybe look at your self

    and a rogue is about hit and run. if you didn't kill it(or atleast close) on a opener then its time to run away. don't rage on the forum because you dislike how certian classes work

  7. #27
    No it's not out of control... in fact, it's the only thing keeping the "outside world" alive... if someone is "tired of being ganked" they clearly made a mistake rolling on a PVP server.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Before you say I'm whining, do take note I am probably more experience in PvP than most people here.
    Dat ego :/

    Unless you're new to WoW (Talking before 3.0) Being ganked shouldnt bother you if you're so experienced in PvP. You're like asking to be flamed and trolled with this thread

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You chose your server.
    Typical PvE hero gone low level ganker respone. Yes I chose my server and MY server was fine. These people hiding behind phasing and other mechanics or just hovering in the air till you leave once you've stomped them once or twice aren't from MY SERVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    if you don't like gankers then reroll normal server. pvp servers has always been that way. and talking about rage issues. maybe look at your self
    Bullshit. I remember PvP servers from back in the day quite clearly. There were A FEW level 70's around at best ganking. These people however were fast to be responded to by other level 70's being equally bored. They couldn't mount up, they couldn't phase out, they couldn't simply hide behind phasing. Most PvP during the leveling phase was against people of your own level, it was FUN pvp that had an actual point aside from PvE scrubs griefing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    No it's not out of control... in fact, it's the only thing keeping the "outside world" alive... if someone is "tired of being ganked" they clearly made a mistake rolling on a PVP server.
    Funny thing. Every single last person making such statements on the official forums to date has been a PvE hero. People with 50-100 PvP achievments at most never having done any kind of meaningful PvP. I'll just assume the same holds true for you and the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    Dat ego :/
    This is exactly what I think when I see all those PvE people writing in the gank threads. :/

    Unless you're new to WoW (Talking before 3.0) Being ganked shouldnt bother you if you're so experienced in PvP. You're like asking to be flamed and trolled with this thread
    Let me ask you, what has being experienced to do with simply not being able to level outside of dungeons and battlegrounds at all on some battlegroups? Ah, that's right, nothing!

    You guys are mostly PvE people who can't survive in any kind of real PvP so you prowl on the weakest players of WoW. You guys are driving out new players in droves and slowly draining the PvP community of new players since you make playing the game for them a living hell. And if anyone challenges you to actual PvP you mount up and hide on your flying mount till the evil PvP geared level 90 leaves you alone. Some of you even start flaming when you get killed a few times, quite funny.

  10. #30
    Honestly if you can't take the heat from a pvp realm switch, Blizzard will keep CRZ and no one cares if you can't level or farm.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  11. #31
    No, no problem with this.

  12. #32
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Roll PVE is the only solution really...
    It's out of control on PvE realms too (well sort of). Some quest hubs are camped almost 24/7 now.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    It's out of control on PvE realms too (well sort of). Some quest hubs are camped almost 24/7 now.
    Wizard 101 has 1 faction maybe give it a whirl.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Someone's raging a lot harder than he claims the gankers are.
    Well, why, when wife complains all day long that she can't level to join my group on my server because she's fucking camped non-stop all day by 5x 90 from another server against single 70, I do have a reasons to feel disgusted by fucktards.

    I, as someone who's pretty much never ganked anyone unless they've ganked me first (say kill my level 40 Warrior repeatedly on their level 80, I get on my 90 and kill them once or possibly twice - way of life), think CRZ is great. It allows for a lot more competition without me having to kill the same guy over and over (I genuinely don't like that, even if they're the same level as me, unless we're about equally matched). Gankers have always been a problem, this doesn't change it.
    Well then, then you're obviously not one of people I'm talking about.

    Lastly, as for your comment about PvP having to bring something to your evening... That's just laughable. PvP is not about being fun for everyone who participates. It's not LFD or LFR.
    Because game that is fun for 1% and pain for 99% is just better, amirite?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-02-18 at 11:12 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No, no problem with this.
    its really no different then it was back in the day other then a few more centralized quest avenue.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Vober's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,340
    100% yes, I know people say stop QQing because you are playing on a PvP server so it's a part of the game. But it's different when you are trying to level and horde are just camping quest hubs and killing every low level they see. Or even when Love is in the Air started, horde were camping the mobs. I went to Uldum to try and do the quest and horde where just sitting around waiting for alliance to kill. I even logged on 5-6 hours later and the same people were still there. I have no problem with the way it was on PvP servers, I remember leveling back in Vanilla/TBC when I would fight horde in STV and Duskwood. But I just think CRZ went too far.
    ASRock 990FX - FX-8320 @ 4.3 - G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866 - Radeon 7770 - Raidmax 850 - WD 2TB - 128GB SSD

  17. #37
    got ganked a couple of time at the blasted land portal,Hyjal and Hellfire took back my body than ran away

    Overall, I lost, lost 20 minutes on my toons because of this ...... yeah its very out of control

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    100% yes, I know people say stop QQing because you are playing on a PvP server so it's a part of the game. But it's different when you are trying to level and horde are just camping quest hubs and killing every low level they see. Or even when Love is in the Air started, horde were camping the mobs. I went to Uldum to try and do the quest and horde where just sitting around waiting for alliance to kill. I even logged on 5-6 hours later and the same people were still there. I have no problem with the way it was on PvP servers, I remember leveling back in Vanilla/TBC when I would fight horde in STV and Duskwood. But I just think CRZ went too far.
    The second thing is level 90 PvP, no complaints there. But people hiding behind Phasing and other mechanics making them invulnerable to anyone trying to do something about them are just plain disgusting. And the worst is, most of the "I'm so cool and have such a witty comment" guy's are actually dragon slayers. They aren't even PvPers, they are the very same guys who get torn to shreds even in random BG's and then flame because they are being graveyard camped. People with like 5k honor kills at most account wide.

  19. #39
    World PvP is fun. World ganking is not. While trying to level in Hellfire I would repeatedly get ganked by a level 90 and think "Oh, they want to play, do they? Let's play."

    So I log my main to, you know, do some actual PvP and what do they do? Fly around out of reach and refuse to engage in a fair fight. They're more than willing to harass my low level alts when I log back over though. The only way I could actually engage them on my main is if they were in the process of ganking someone else.

    That kind of crap is annoying.

  20. #40
    I honestly haven't leveled much since CRZ was released.... but the little I have (or the little I have explored) it seems to be very, very bad.

    Also, this is in NO WAY like it was during Vanilla.... if you played Vanilla, you know that. People ganked in Vanilla A LOT, but flying mounts didn't exist, and it was possible to kill someone a few levels higher than you were during Vanilla.

    Sorry, but I have tons of memories of winning 2v1s at 60 during Vanilla or beating a level 40 as a level 35. Nowadays, it is simply impossible to beat a geared level 90 unless you are level 90. Gear scaling over the last few expansions is out of control.

    Does it need to be changed? Yes. It is like it was in Vanilla? No, and if you played during Vanilla you would know that. 60s were killable in Vanilla. 90s aren't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •