Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Well, why, when wife complains all day long that she can't level to join my group on my server because she's fucking camped non-stop all day by 5x 90 from another server against single 70, I do have a reasons to feel disgusted by fucktards.

    Well then, then you're obviously not one of people I'm talking about.

    Because game that is fun for 1% and pain for 99% is just better, amirite?
    Well you're wife must have pissed people off, no lvl 70 gets camped by 5 90's unless she made someone hate her. I don't know your wife so i can't rule it out sorry bro.

    Unless shes at the Dark portal, everyone is fair game at the dark portal.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  2. #42
    Mechagnome Huntermyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    orgrimmar
    Posts
    678
    as a horde player on boulderfist eu (yeah you read right), i am grateful that we have crz. otherwise it would be 1 alliance for the other 99 alliance

    so yes, roll pve?

  3. #43
    it reminds me of Vanilla, didn't like it then, still don't like it but I play PvP server and deal with it w/e

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well you're wife must have pissed people off, no lvl 70 gets camped by 5 90's unless she made someone hate her. I don't know your wife so i can't rule it out sorry bro.
    Well, if running past 90 is pissing off then yes. Honestly, just stop this fantasizing shit. People that can't get jollies any other way, get it from bullying those that can respond. It is a fact of life. In RL there's restraints that make sure this don't happen too often and offenders promptly get their faces smashed in. In WoW, Blizzard somehow thinks that everyone's dreaming of wild wild west and let's those outliers run rampart, having they fun at expense of several dozens of other players.

    Majority DO NOT WANT FREE-FOR-ALL WORLD PVP even on PvP server and want organized PvP instead. Quick question. You're on PvP server, right? Now, please count times there was a call in your guild chat last month: "let's go do some organized shit (BG/Arena/dungeon/raid). Now count again there was: "let's go camp some 85 and lower for shit and giggles". Now I'd be surprised that later happened even once and if anybody says that later happens more often than former, I'd think that they're either lie or have to visit a doctor.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Well, why, when wife complains all day long that she can't level to join my group on my server because she's fucking camped non-stop all day by 5x 90 from another server against single 70, I do have a reasons to feel disgusted by fucktards.
    No you don't. Your wife does. Also, I don't believe that scenario, she's probably just weak-minded and can't handle the occasional gank.

    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Well then, then you're obviously not one of people I'm talking about.
    That part wasn't meant for you but as an on-topic response.

    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Because game that is fun for 1% and pain for 99% is just better, amirite?
    Yeah, if that was the case here (or ever). However, in the situation you presented, 50% had fun and 50% didn't. These are actually fairly positive numbers when it comes to PvP in general.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 01:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Well, if running past 90 is pissing off then yes. Honestly, just stop this fantasizing shit. People that can't get jollies any other way, get it from bullying those that can respond. It is a fact of life. In RL there's restraints that make sure this don't happen too often and offenders promptly get their faces smashed in. In WoW, Blizzard somehow thinks that everyone's dreaming of wild wild west and let's those outliers run rampart, having they fun at expense of several dozens of other players.

    Majority DO NOT WANT FREE-FOR-ALL WORLD PVP even on PvP server and want organized PvP instead. Quick question. You're on PvP server, right? Now, please count times there was a call in your guild chat last month: "let's go do some organized shit (BG/Arena/dungeon/raid). Now count again there was: "let's go camp some 85 and lower for shit and giggles". Now I'd be surprised that later happened even once and if anybody says that later happens more often than former, I'd think that they're either lie or have to visit a doctor.
    Oh dear lord, you're actually so full of yourself that you believe that your limited experience and your opinions are "fact". Majority don't want World PvP? Then there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to play on a PvP server. I won't say what the majority actually wants because I'm not going to risk looking like a fool pulling facts out of my ass, but world PvP (actual world PvP) is pretty popular as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Captain Asshat; 2013-02-19 at 12:47 AM.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    It's out of control on PvE realms too (well sort of). Some quest hubs are camped almost 24/7 now.
    I've yet to see it. PvE guards hit like trucks, city guards can mow down anything that can't kite or is a tank. Guards in Shrine one shot people out of the air sending their corpses to the ground. World PvP is very rare on PvE servers. It's rare to see someone flagged getting ganked in a daily hub even.

    You guys are mostly PvE people who can't survive in any kind of real PvP so you prowl on the weakest players of WoW. You guys are driving out new players in droves and slowly draining the PvP community of new players since you make playing the game for them a living hell. And if anyone challenges you to actual PvP you mount up and hide on your flying mount till the evil PvP geared level 90 leaves you alone. Some of you even start flaming when you get killed a few times, quite funny.
    Strawman much? I think it's funny you go on this tirade as if PvP these days isn't about FotM and PvP power levels

    People on PvE servers don't get CRZ'd onto PvP servers and I seriously doubt anyone is paying real money to go to a pvp server just to CRZ gank lowbies; the idea is patently absurd.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    No you don't. Your wife does. Also, I don't believe that scenario, she's probably just weak-minded and can't handle the occasional gank.
    Well, believe whatever you want. I gave you facts that I can confirm with my own eyes when I home. If you prefer to talk to voices in your head whispering "no, that didn't happen, he's lying to you" - feel free. Why are you responding to me and not to them though?

    Yeah, if that was the case here (or ever). However, in the situation you presented, 50% had fun and 50% didn't. These are actually fairly positive numbers when it comes to PvP in general.

    Oh dear lord, you're actually so full of yourself that you believe that your limited experience and your opinions are "fact". Majority don't want World PvP? Then there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to play on a PvP server. I won't say what the majority actually wants because I'm not going to risk looking like a fool pulling facts out of my ass, but world PvP (actual world PvP) is pretty popular as far as I'm concerned.
    Go run pool in your guild or something. By your words I should pop in random major city on high pop PvP server and see 50% spam about doing BGs/raids and 50% of "let's have fun in Goldshire!". Guess what? There's no server like this. You're free to show me how I'm full of shit by naming just one that server. Come on! According to you it's very easy to show me this hidden ninja village of world PvP'ers. All you need is to name a server so I log over there, check out trade and become ashamed of doubting you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:32 AM ----------

    Continuing comparison with RL - there's very important difference that makes WoW world pee-vee-pee absolutely disgusting. There's no punishment. Whoever goes on rampage in RL will swiftly get proportionate response, but in WoW, no matter if you get 100 top-notch PvPers against some pathetic fresh 90 lowbie-ganker, you can't do anything to him proportionate to amount of grief he caused. Even if he offs 1000, they won't put him in local equivalence of prison or give him local equivalence of perma-death. If you don't see anything wrong with 1 man able do disrupt game for dozens, well, I have nothing else to say to you, but reminder, that GIFT is very real and not invented by me or even in WoW.

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    1,811
    I enjoy ganking players 30 levels lower than me and crz is awesome. There are some hot spots and i will list them.

    in no real order:

    1. dark portal
    2. uldum holiday event and portal area
    3. hellfire
    4. mount hyjial near the phased wolf quest
    5. outside org/sw

    Crz has made world pvp (ganking) fun again.
    My wedding vows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YtyW1aXIY

    PERI: I, I, I.
    DOCTOR: That's three I's in one breath. Makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady.
    PERI: What's happened?
    DOCTOR: Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I've yet to see it. PvE guards hit like trucks, city guards can mow down anything that can't kite or is a tank. Guards in Shrine one shot people out of the air sending their corpses to the ground. World PvP is very rare on PvE servers. It's rare to see someone flagged getting ganked in a daily hub even.
    Aren't we talking about lowbie ganking? Guess what? They aren't questing in shrine or cities.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Kcin14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    460
    I don't mind the PvP but the non stop competition for mobs while questing is really irritating.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Aren't we talking about lowbie ganking? Guess what? They aren't questing in shrine or cities.
    Most areas spawn level 90 guards which hit like trucks blah blah blah. Not every place but typically if it has a flightpath it can spawn a guard, several depending on how much pvp action is detected as well as NPCs getting engaged. These guards are weaker on a pvp server on account of it's what people on those servers asked for.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Most areas spawn level 90 guards which hit like trucks blah blah blah. Not every place but typically if it has a flightpath it can spawn a guard, several depending on how much pvp action is detected as well as NPCs getting engaged. These guards are weaker on a pvp server on account of it's what people on those servers asked for.
    Sorry, but when "weaker guards" are level 60 that are disintegrated to atoms across far reaches of galaxy when fresh level 90 just looks at them funny, they could've just removed them completely.

    Do YOU have a personal acquaintice who you've seeing complaining in game that he wanted to wipe another action outpost, got killed by guards and wanted them "to become weaker"? And if you do, what portion of total people you know those who wished amount to? Can you honestly say that you're sure that any amount of people saying anything like this would amount to at least 5% of server population?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-02-19 at 01:53 AM.

  13. #53
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,866
    The only thing I hate about it is that it's LFD for world PvP. If they brought world PvP back to actually involving your server, and not people knowing you will never see them again using that as an excuse to act like fools, then I'd love it. Alas, I think we all know that if anyone wants world PvP back, this is the only way it's going to return.

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    1,811
    @Fenixdown

    very cool picture.
    My wedding vows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YtyW1aXIY

    PERI: I, I, I.
    DOCTOR: That's three I's in one breath. Makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady.
    PERI: What's happened?
    DOCTOR: Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon.

  15. #55
    It causes some interesting behaviour actually. I have seen a lot of people, leveling with their lvl90 friends hovering near them in Hellfire. Although, they get ganked by larger groups, so it doesn't help much. And as others said, most of the time ganker can escape pretty easily, so it must be very frustrating for the gank-ee.

    Some servers/server pairings seem to have it worse than others. I don't find ganking lowbies fun, but I don't really care if my alt gets ganked a few times either. But a friend of mine spent most of his 58-60 as a ghost. And I'm not talking about 1 hour here. Since there weren't enough people who wanted to help (and the gankers can escape/come back later), he decided to get boosted in dungeons instead. While it doesn't matter for me or him to quest in Hellfire for the kazillionth time, I don't think that's a good way to play the game for new players.

  16. #56
    In case you still think that this is just my personal little numbers, let's have a look at big stats, shall we?
    If you'd be right and at least 50% of population enjoy world PvP, then pretty much every PvP server would have at least 1:3 balance, because, well, you can't have PvP without another faction, right?

    Here comes http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu with top 20 active servers (skip 2 PvE and count to rank 22 instead). Well, what do we have here? 11 servers have ratio of 1:10 or worse, with 3 of them don't registering ratio of opposing faction AT ALL. Second faction pretty much DOESN'T EXISTS on those servers. Nor does any world PvP at all just because you have nobody to fight with! Do you HONESTLY think it "just happened by itself"? Majority, yes, majority represented by those numbers abhore retardness that is world PvP and deliberately choose server that physically can't have it despite letters "PvP" in name. US stats are pretty much the same.

    Now go ahead and tell me tales of "PvP-server players crying for world PvP". But at least make sure the story is on par with other fables I've heard over years.

  17. #57
    so after a few runs.....

    CRZ pvp is ok, just remove all the brazilian CRZ and everything is gonna be allright, damm they suck and they are wasting my time

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,573
    Others in this thread have hit it on the head repeatedly. World PvP cannot coexist with flying mounts. The only way it can still function in today's WoW is something like the Isle of Quel'Danas.

    And that said, I still do get more enjoyment out of the same-level skirmishes I have then I do the disappointment of getting ganked. So CRZ are still a good thing imo.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I havent seen a return of the epic battles. Maybe the first few days at the Dark Portal, but since then, nothing. It's the same as it was, 1-5 of the opposite faction ganking lowbies, and running away when some semblence of challenge comes along, people's mains, guildies, etc.

    Only difference now is, if I log onto my main, the ganker has other realms to hide on, instead of just one, before returning to camp my alt when I log back over.
    When CRZ started on my server for the first week there were battles in Nagrand, it was pretty great.

    As for the topic, I don't see World PvP as an issue, you rolled on a PvP server for PvP didn't you?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    As for the topic, I don't see World PvP as an issue, you rolled on a PvP server for PvP didn't you?
    As an extreme example, there's a difference between

    "You can get ganked by the people on your own server, who will be between 20-60, might or might not have a ground mount, cannot fly, phase or move to another realm by going to another area."

    and

    "You can get ganked by the people on your own server and some others, who will be between 20-90, will have a ground mount, might fly, phase and move to another realm by going to another area.".

    You can even disregard the other parts, but even "your own server" vs "your own server plus the ones paired with it" is pretty different and only changed with CRZ.

    I don't mind it much, but I can see why people can mind, because practically, this wasn't 'what they signed up for'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •