Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    1) Majority hate world PvP - No they don't. People have been begging for it since wrath
    2) Majority deliberately join factions in such a manner to destroy world PvP (point 2)- No they don't people don't pick factions soley based off percentage because of Wpvp
    3) CRZ fucks up this intent - The intent you've made up?
    I gave you numbers. You're, just like rest of "deal with it" tough boys is like "lalalalalal not listening, that's false lol". Where's YOUR numbers? Nor your fantasies, emotions... just hard numbers? Hell, even in this thread numerous different people saying that classic was different or that world PvP is useless ganker's delight outnumber different world PvP supporters.

    These are the dumbest points ive ever seen
    Because when you say so it becomes absolute truth. Keep your delusions.

  2. #82
    I don't think the OP is going after ganking as much as they are complaining on how CRZ exacerbates that activity. Your oppinion of the actual act of ganking a defenseless player aside, CRZ allows players, who's sole mission it is to f..k with other players, the ability to do so with impunity through unnatural means such as CRZ phasing.

    I don't gank low level players. My personal preference. If you choose to do so, have at it. But, you should not be able to hide behind CRZ phasing. That is basically using a "design clitch".

  3. #83
    Blasted lands is hell. Thats all there is too it. There is no way this is like Vanilla, the level difference between the victims and the gankers is slightly higher.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaElement View Post
    Blasted lands is hell. Thats all there is too it. There is no way this is like Vanilla, the level difference between the victims and the gankers is slightly higher.
    LOL. I would say so. In vanilla the difference would be, what, 2-3 levels maybe? Now it is 30 or so.

  5. #85
    Remove it! PvP server or not, it's ridiculous. Even if you're on a PvE server, you can't get anything done because there are so many people running around doing the same exact quest you are.

    PvP and PvE server related here, I was trying to do Ring of Blood yesterday in Nagrand, I was there for over an hour and by the end didn't even get to finish it. There was constantly 5+ horde there.

    It was the worst, cause Ring of Blood is great experience, but of course I had to skip it cause there was no way I was getting it done.

  6. #86
    It's better to measure item levels instead to account for gear scaling. I'd say it was 5-10 before and up to 400-450 right now. Yeah, that looks fine. "Deal with it".

  7. #87
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Others in this thread have hit it on the head repeatedly. World PvP cannot coexist with flying mounts. The only way it can still function in today's WoW is something like the Isle of Quel'Danas.

    And that said, I still do get more enjoyment out of the same-level skirmishes I have then I do the disappointment of getting ganked. So CRZ are still a good thing imo.
    That is 100% false. BC world PvP was some of the most fun world PvP I ever had, and lo and behold was in the same expansion where flying mounts were introduced. The main reason? I recognized my attackers, and that formed a sort of bond.

    Now there is no bond or tie to whoever is running around and doing world PvP outside of the continent of Pandaria. The majority of them use CRZ more as a security blanket to protect them from counterattack than as a tool to encourage better world PvP. I will say it again. It's LFD for world PvP. Now, I'd assume that the people claiming this is "a step in the right direction" are those who lean more on the fence of LFD being "what ruined the game". So, if you're against LFD for dungeons, how do you support it for open world combat? It's the same used principals you have for one. People use it for all the wrong reasons, for no other reason than the system allows them to exploit it.

  8. #88
    Before CRZ even existed I moved to a PVE server after years on a PVP server. I didn't need people ganking me constantly to realize I was getting rather sick of the ganking culture in general. The fact remains though that you can't have it both ways. Either it's a PVP server or it's a PVE server, you can't have an exclusive PVE experience on a PVP server. If you are sick of PVP on a PVP server, you should move to another server and spare all the people that enjoy open PVP the constant tears.

  9. #89
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,646
    I am perfectly fine with world pvp and stuffs like that but it feels like i would have a debuff killing me randomly every ten minutes. I rarely fight against a equally leveled player, and by that i mean extremely rarely.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-02-19 at 04:35 PM.

  10. #90
    Over 9000! Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    9,784
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Like should we be reported for trolling because i mean you make no sense.


    1) Majority hate world PvP - No they don't. People have been begging for it since wrath
    2) Majority deliberately join factions in such a manner to destroy world PvP (point 2)- No they don't people don't pick factions soley based off percentage because of Wpvp
    3) CRZ fucks up this intent - The intent you've made up?

    These are the dumbest points ive ever seen
    Hold your horses for a moment. He is actually right.
    Evidence exists through stats....
    The realm population balance reflects as follows:
    US Realms 40% PVP - 60% PVE
    EU Realms 51.5% PVP - 48.5% PVE
    source realmpop.com

    We only need to look at the PVP Realms, since PVE realms are meant to not have World PVP by default.
    We see that in overall the PVE community world wide is larger than the PVP community. And now it is safe to say that there's apparently a certain percentage (which is to be guessed, since it's not measurable by us) on the PVP realms not happy and in agreement with the current mechanics of world PVP. That lowers the number of the people who are fine with it even more.
    All in all, the numbers provide more evidence for a majority to disapprove of the current CRZ side effects, than they would for a majority to approve them.

  11. #91
    this is what it was like in Vanilla
    Yes. People 40 levels above me fell on me and one-shot me out of the sky in vanilla.

    Wait, no. That isn't how that happened at all.

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  12. #92
    Over 9000! Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    9,784
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Yes. People 40 levels above me fell on me and one-shot me out of the sky in vanilla.

    Wait, no. That isn't how that happened at all.
    True.... Let's do a refreshing crash course on movement....
    Level 1 - 30, walking at one speed
    Level 30 - 40 certain classes (hunter aspects, druid travel form) had the faster walking buff, while others were still stuck
    Level 40 - Slow ground mount
    Level 60 - Fast ground mount...... That however was a hard task to achieve due to the completely different ballgame of the WoW economy. The 1000g needed was a steep hurdle, which many players had to grind for a long time despite of reaching max level 60 a lot earlier.

  13. #93
    In certains areas like Hellfire Peninsula, yes.

  14. #94
    Scarab Lord Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    What's your highest pr since your so exp? RBGS mean nothing btw. As far as the actual question goes I think on certain servers yes it is out of control. I am currently leveling a death knight on illidan which is like 97% horde but I have been killed so many times due to lvl 90s from different servers that are flooding out lands for some reason. It's pretty annoying but I deal with it just because I brought my 90 warlock out the and have killed everyone that's killed me and camped there bodies for about a hour... Lol Sweet Sweet Revenge.
    You don't need high rating to be a good PvPer... especially a world pvper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It is out of control! but in a good way.


    I only wish they'd cross realm pandaria already. On my server, save for daily hubs, most of it is ghost towns now. And I'm on a very large server :x Not to mention I'm horde, on a horde-filled server, so it's also ultra-boring.
    One of the main reasons I won't move to Stormscale as Horde, but that's probably their plan.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-02-19 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    That is 100% false. BC world PvP was some of the most fun world PvP I ever had, and lo and behold was in the same expansion where flying mounts were introduced. The main reason? I recognized my attackers, and that formed a sort of bond.

    Now there is no bond or tie to whoever is running around and doing world PvP outside of the continent of Pandaria. The majority of them use CRZ more as a security blanket to protect them from counterattack than as a tool to encourage better world PvP. I will say it again. It's LFD for world PvP. Now, I'd assume that the people claiming this is "a step in the right direction" are those who lean more on the fence of LFD being "what ruined the game". So, if you're against LFD for dungeons, how do you support it for open world combat? It's the same used principals you have for one. People use it for all the wrong reasons, for no other reason than the system allows them to exploit it.
    I don't doubt that you had fun, or made WPvP happen. However, I guarantee that the actual occurrence of WPvP was much lower than that of vanilla on any given PvP realm. Largely because the whole hit and run aspect took a lot of the enjoyment out of it for people.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Are you just searching for something to say to attempt to insult me when you don't really have anything? That's kind of sad.
    Oh, sorry. It's "Noxiye Destroyers End" and not Kingslayer?
    Now, if you had read anything of what I said, you'd see that it's pretty clear that I don't agree with ganking, but that it's pretty easy to overlook. It's people who can't handle it that think it's the worst thing since the Holocaust (you do know what that is, right?), and that since they think it's hell, EVERYONE does and therefore servers should be changed to work more in their favor, right?
    Let's see, since the introduction most level 90 open world pvp stopped altogether by now. It's only level 90 gank squads going around locking down low level quest hubs and ganking low level for hours, often avoiding retaliation by hiding behind things such as phasing abusing bad game mechanics. I recently brought a friend of mine into the game and I completly skipped on questing for the most part and went only for dungeons because I really did not want her to experience this as one of her first things in World of Warcraft.
    Now think a moment about the implications this has for new players, it will drive a great many of them away before they even get into the game. These PvE players, because that's what most of them are when you armory them while they hover on their flying mounts because they are afraid of level 90's, are slowly but surely killing badly needed new players who are the only one who can offset old players leaving.

    Yeah, there are a bunch of people who just sit on flying mounts (mostly in Blasted Lands on my battlegroup) waiting for people to gank, but I recently leveled a character (1-85) ONLY through questing, and while I did get ganked a few times, I was always able to get away if I actually tried.
    It's great to hear that it is possible on your battlegroup, on mine it isn't. Quest hubs such as Goldrin whom you HAVE to pass in order to advance in a zone are completly locked down the entire day except for early morning hours (3-5am). And the worst thing? Because of phasing I can't even murder these people as they deserve it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    CRZ is the reason why 95% of the pvp realms on the US side are now classified as low population or open to new players with maybe 7-8 servers even having high or full pops....

    ppl just don't know how to lvl, so sad so very very sad....
    This will become an even bigger issue. Think about being a new player and running into this, being camped for hours by people you can't even escape from. Do you honestly think people who just get into the game will stay after this? A great many wont. These PvE players are driving badly needed new players out and often are proud of doing so. They are a bunch of griefers, trolls and sadists, that's all there is to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shypanda88 View Post
    Sorry, but I and others are laughing at you. I'm not sure what your response was since it made no sense.
    Are you saying don't complain if you get ganked in Counterstrike? Of course you are going to get ganked in shooters! Just like you are going to get ganked in PVP! If you don't like PVP why the hell are you on a PVP server? If it's for friends, then why the hell are they not backing you up in your ass kicking?
    "I and others", are you so insecure you have to point out that there are "others" backing you? You can't be ganked in an shooter, it's simply not possible in the same way it can happen in an MMORPG. Yes you might be killed but even in an 5 vs 1 situation you have a decent chance to at least take 1-2 with you at any given time because you're on equal footing.
    If we were to come up with an proper comparison it would be around 10 people, flying in the air, flying 4x as fast as you can run, having several hundred times your hp, they are all armed with the best weapons you can buy and get free auto aim, while you get a rusty spoon as weapon and if they kill you you just respawn at the exact same locations a few moments later.

  17. #97
    I am Murloc! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,384
    Nope. Loving it! World PvP has always been a great part of World of Warcraft, and seeing it return is fantastic!

  18. #98
    Whoever just compared "Ganking" in counter-strike VS ganking in WoW, thank you. That made me chuckle a bit.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    True.... Let's do a refreshing crash course on movement....
    Level 1 - 30, walking at one speed
    Level 30 - 40 certain classes (hunter aspects, druid travel form) had the faster walking buff, while others were still stuck
    Level 40 - Slow ground mount
    Level 60 - Fast ground mount...... That however was a hard task to achieve due to the completely different ballgame of the WoW economy. The 1000g needed was a steep hurdle, which many players had to grind for a long time despite of reaching max level 60 a lot earlier.
    That's one of the reasons that I think Blizzard have to acknowledge about how old world PvP formula can't work in present day WoW.

    'Cause Alliance Players wouldn't allow Orcs to stand straight.

  20. #100
    I love CRZ for pet battles.

    Everytime Chrominius misses his Surge of Power I go on a ganking spree in whatever area I'm in. It keeps my blood pressure down.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions


    BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •