Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not going to read through 19 pages of comments to see if anyone already said this, but simply the fact that Pacman is not on the top 5 completely invalidates this list.
    /throw in garbage bin

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    I'm not going to read through 19 pages of comments to see if anyone already said this, but simply the fact that Pacman is not on the top 5 completely invalidates this list.
    /throw in garbage bin
    This isn't called "Top 100 most influential games", Pacman, while I do hugely respect what it did for gaming, just isn't one of the best games ever. It was great for its time, sure, but in that case it hasn't aged well. Overall arcade games haven't aged well since they're mostly doing the same thing over and over, and it's only of human nature to think that repetition is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The only games I played on the top 10 is super metroid and WoW. Why would two dorky shooter games make it on the top 10? Super Mario bros 3 instead of the original? There wouldn't be a 3 if the original wasn't so good.
    Super Mario Bros. 3 perfected what the first one started (even if I prefer Super Mario World). That's like including Warcraft: Orcs & Humans over Warcraft III just because it came first, even if Warcraft III is better in every logical way.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-02-19 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Overall arcade games haven't aged well since they're mostly doing the same thing over and over, and it's only of human nature to think that repetition is boring.
    I dunno, D3 sold a lot of copies...

/ducks and runs

I would give Shadow of the Colossus the 1st place,it's such a beatiful yet depressing game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    WOW is a cult. The games you name never made it to that status, not in numbers, not in society, not in economical value (positive or negative), not in bringing households or careers down.

The fact you constantly invest your precious (and believe me VERY little) time left on this earth to constantly trash talk it ... speaks volumes.

WoW has earned the spot, after 8 years of bringing people together from all over the world for brutal combat. Friends have been made, enemies have been made, careers have been made, lives have changed. But over all of this, memories have been made. I cannot think of any other game that has accomplished this. WoW is in the history books and is the "thing" that all current and future game developers will strive to create. Without a doubt one, if not the greatest game of all time.

Wise words in mostly filth filled forums.
    best post about WoW I read for a long time, very true.

World of Warcraft by that you mean Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK/Cataclysm/MoP together. Yeah it's one of the greats for sure.

Its all opinions, i could go on saying how the final fantasy series is a load of garbage and that SSBM was superior to SSBB but its all opinions

Regardless of which expansions are included I'd personally put in the top 5 best games above any Final Fantasy or Zelda game. Maybe not Mario though.

Portal 1 at the top? Debatable...but I could be convinced to agree.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-13 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

People who make these lists must be seriously brain dead.

This is old as hell..

I probably already posted on this but I'll say it again.

If Final Fantasy Tactics was listed as number 50 you know third graders in the special ed program who were born with no thumbs made this list.

Deleted
    No half-life1 in top20, cs:source at 30place and no cs1.6? who the f**k made that list...

Deleted
    Did the people creating this list even played the games?
    WoW in the top 10?
    Portal on 1?
    Not a single Final Fantasy in the top 20?
    That's just ... sigh ...

What better way to generate clicks than to put a weak candidate at #1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the top 5 because they shouldn't be there. 4 are rose tinted glasses and portal? How the hell is portal in front of stuff like bioshock and mass effect.
    Aye mate

Portal nº1 is just wrong. Also, ocarina of time, ff7 and metal gear solid not top ten.

Based on replayability alone, WoW is number 1 at least for me.
    Also, first pokemon mention is 39? And SC II at 72? Agh...

10+ Year Old Account
    My list is like this...and I'm showing my age here... (and nobody has EVER agreed with me so I don't care if you flame me or whatever, I've heard it all before)

10. Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
    09. Shivers (PC)
    08. Police Quest: In Pursuit Of The Death Angel (PC)
    07. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Gamecube)
    06. Shivers 2 (PC)
    05. Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow (Gameboy Advance)
    04. The Legend Of Zelda: The Windwaker (Gamecube)
    03. King's Quest 3: To Heir Is Human (PC)
    02. Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (NES)
    01. World Of Warcraft (PC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    By what meter did they come up with that list? seems fairly bogus to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    My list is like this...and I'm showing my age here... (and nobody has EVER agreed with me so I don't care if you flame me or whatever, I've heard it all before)

10. Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
    09. Shivers (PC)
    08. Police Quest: In Pursuit Of The Death Angel (PC)
    07. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Gamecube)
    06. Shivers 2 (PC)
    05. Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow (Gameboy Advance)
    04. The Legend Of Zelda: The Windwaker (Gamecube)
    03. King's Quest 3: To Heir Is Human (PC)
    02. Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (NES)
    01. World Of Warcraft (PC)
    10. Never heard of it.
    09. Never heard of it.
    08. Never heard of it.
    07. Never heard of it.
    06. Never heard of it.
    05. Never heard of it.
    04. Wasn't that great
    03. Never heard of it.
    02. Never heard of it.

That might be why nobody ever agrees with you lol .
    Aye mate