bios failed to update

I was updating my Bios for my Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 because I was having issues with my fps and video card and I couldn't find anything else wrong. Unfortunately it failed to update and now when I turn on my computer, I get the 59 error code on the dr. debug. Is there any way to fix it without waiting for a new bios chip or buying a new motherboard?

Really rather not miss 5.2 release next week as I can't afford a motherboard atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure most Asrock boards don't have any bios/uefi recovery. I would call up about getting a replacement chip as it will be faster and possibly cheaper then a 2-way trip of your motherboard.

That when I saw post like this that I am happy to have a dual bios ^^

Unfortunatly you only can send the mobo to RMA or ask for a new chip

Or you can buy a new one if you reeeeaaally want to play the 5.2
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

That's why I always buy premium brands.... Jokes aside, would it work to remove the bios battery for a while? Would that reset the Bios to default or is the new Bios the default now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    That's why I always buy premium brands.... Jokes aside, would it work to remove the bios battery for a while? Would that reset the Bios to default or is the new Bios the default now?
    As far as I know, battery resets settings, not BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    As far as I know, battery resets settings, not BIOS.
    Yep.. Firmware on chip, settings on battery.

Deleted
    Reinstall Windows, that helped me when i flashed my Asrock gen3 board.. Tho the flash worked and i got a newer versio the son of a bitch just kept giving me bluescreens everytime i tried to boot untill i did a fresh install of windows.

Quote Originally Posted by djowel View Post
    Reinstall Windows, that helped me when i flashed my Asrock gen3 board.. Tho the flash worked and i got a newer versio the son of a bitch just kept giving me bluescreens everytime i tried to boot untill i did a fresh install of windows.
    OS on storage such as ssd/hdd & bios on chip somewhere on the motherboard. You can't fix the bios by reinstalling Windows