Sha-Touched vs. 5.2 for OH

Anyone run the numbers on whether the Sha-touched weapons are better as OH vs. the 5.2 weapons? I am seeing the Sha-Touched above the 5.2 in the numbers I am running for OH...

If we can attach a prismatic socket to the 5.2 they are about even. I thought I saw somewhere that we were going to be able to attach sockets to 5.2 weapons, but maybe that was just a pipe dream. If it wasn't, can we have 2 prismatic sockets (one per weapon)?

They said you can attach prismatic to a 5.2 weapon. are you going off heroic vs heroic or what? also what spec?

as mut, it looked like the 500 agi was >>> the higher ilevel of normal, heroic would probably beat it though.

Now if you mean just dropped ilvl hm sha touched vs normal mode 522, I could maybe see it for sub because of the large value of agi and the fact that you only auto attack with OH. Combat has ambidex so OH dps is fairly important, and assassination has specials that use the OH, so I'm skeptical on those two.

Although if you are comparing a fully upgraded 517 (which you need to already have as you can't go get one after the patch and upgrade it) versus a 522 then the sha touched probably wins. My 496 OH with sha touched gem is showing better than a 502 which is 6 ilvl higher as opposed to the 5 here.

Messing around with Shadowcraft, it looks like it will take a ~32 ilvl difference to make up for the lack of Sha gem in the offhand as Assassination. Ouch.

Looks like we'll be using our Sha Touched weapon the entire tier.

In my current gear setup, as assassination, 1 Agi ~ 4 Off-hand weapon DPS. A heroic 535 dagger would likely be better than normal Spiritsever, but if you have a heroic upgraded Spiritsever, I'd consider it likely you will use it for the entire tier.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    In my current gear setup, as assassination, 1 Agi ~ 4 Off-hand weapon DPS. A heroic 535 dagger would likely be better than normal Spiritsever, but if you have a heroic upgraded Spiritsever, I'd consider it likely you will use it for the entire tier.
    For whatever reason, I can't see the stat weight of OH dps for assassination on my Shadowcraft here at work. Anyone know the stat weight per dps?

Using 1.15 per dps in my calcs and if you do not have the upgraded ilvl517 spiritserver, I show both the ilvl535 Megaera and Fyn heroics as being stronger. If you do have the ilvl517, I show the Fyn so slightly ahead that essentially they are even.

I got regular spirit sever the other day, and the damage increase was honestly palpable. I offhand it (my mainhand has a higher item level), and my assassination damage is much higher, and by sub damage seems to have increased by even more.

I think it will be hard to find an upgrade just based on item level, especially for sub. I'm not looking forward to being unable to have a heroic upgraded one even in the future (as upgrades are going away).

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    For whatever reason, I can't see the stat weight of OH dps for assassination on my Shadowcraft here at work. Anyone know the stat weight per dps?

Using 1.15 per dps in my calcs and if you do not have the upgraded ilvl517 spiritserver, I show both the ilvl535 Megaera and Fyn heroics as being stronger. If you do have the ilvl517, I show the Fyn so slightly ahead that essentially they are even.
    I used simcraft to calculate the value for off hand dps. I ended up with it being worth 1.22 dps per point, compared to 4.71 for agi, 4.29 MH dps, 2.95 hit, 1.98 mastery, 1.8 crit, 1.8 expertise, 1.8 haste. Other tests had haste being slightly higher than crit and expertise, but they're generally about the same in value for my gear.