Thread: Poppy

Poppy

I really enjoy poppy's style and she is a beast late game. Her early game is god awful though. I haven't seen any so far in season three, is there any viable way to play her now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Top w/ flask or faery charm. Rush Philo stone and farm up.

Jungle. You need help because your clear is gawdawful, but if you get a successful gank or two, you'll be unstoppable.

Support Poppy, with Philostone and setting up kills on the enemy ADC/Support with charges.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    As soon as poppy hits 6 and has at least a sheen if not full on lichbane she starts melting faces. I don't know why she hasn't been seen in season 3 much when she can walk right through ANY team and tear any ADC to shreds.
    Because good teams will abuse her insanely weak early game and snowball the game to victory which wont let her shine.

Aye her early game is among the weakest out there. Its a huge shame as poppy is one of my fav champions.

Deleted
    While her early game is weak, it can be improved a decent amount with runes and masteries. And you should, since she does truckloads of damage even with just 9 down in offense. She will keep being weak against anything with true damage or DoTs though, everything else is a fair game. I personally go for Trinity rather than Lich Bane, but the Sheen is the most important part either ways :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking Iceborn Gauntlet might be fun for her instead. Bit more tank and she doesn't really need the rest on TF. Gunblade, Iceborn Gauntlet. Kill Carries.

Deleted
    I dare say she'll use all the stats on TF perfectly, but it also depends a bit on what your team will be needing and what you want to do. TF is a bit more assassin-y than gauntlets, as opposed to tanky with some AoE. I tend to get TF mainly due to habbit, but i can see gauntlets being a nice choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gauntlet gives her CDR, which is extremely nice. It replaces the slow on Phage. She would want some movement speed, true, but her W helps with that already. Additionally, the mana helps her spam Q and E more, whereas with a TF she can run dry quite easily.

Was considering Zephyr for MS/Tenacity, but in all honesty I don't really see the AS being worth it. It's pretty expensive as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    While her early game is weak, it can be improved a decent amount with runes and masteries. And you should, since she does truckloads of damage even with just 9 down in offense. She will keep being weak against anything with true damage or DoTs though, everything else is a fair game. I personally go for Trinity rather than Lich Bane, but the Sheen is the most important part either ways :P
    Every champion can be improved by masteries and runes. That's what they are there for. I guess most people talk about champions with that in mind.

The problem is that you don't even have to counterpick her in lane (which is already very easy) but you could just switch lanes and force her into a 2vs1 lane. Sure she is harder to dive than most others due to her passive but that's the only good thing she has going for herself there but as long as one of the divers has ignite, this problem isn't a problem anymore.

For poppy it was always trinity, but gauntlets provide her the better options quick sheen built with glacial shroud into full on gauntlet. Then its a choice of building tanky items to allow you to survive a fight or run speed/damage items to get in get out and do the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh the days of DFP+Gunblade poppy exploding your ADC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Just by the way, sales are soon going to end, grab Scarlet Hammer Poppy while you still can!

I keep asking abhorsenn when they will allow us to buy Ragdoll poppy.

He doesn't know =[

I have that skin on my old NA account (£200+ of stuff on that account) made a EUW account to play with my mates and now thats my main account (way more than £200 on it i dare not count it now!)

I raised a ticket ages ago asking if my old account could be removed and maybe some RP refunded onto my other account or even converted into some IP. Got told no =[ I am pestering them via another ticket to gief ragdoll poppy skin.

i just bought poppy with ip today and played support poppy. Not much different than top, just bought wards.

Anyway it is a little hard to play if they have a ranged support with a poke, ie kayle or nami. however i managed to position correctly, slam the adc into a wall and just went to town. She isnt that bad early game with an adc at your side.

Once i hit 6 the snowball began, her ult is so versatle, ive used it 3 ways so far:
    1) using it on someone other than my high power target so they can do no damage to me while i eat them
    2) using it on my target to amplify my damage <- intended use
    3) running around low and baiting a lane, usually only works when there is a low damage enemy around. Bait the team and use the ult on the support. Then watch and laugh while your team swarms the enemy while they are on CD.
    4) TOWER DIVING! self explanatory and just a ton of fun. Careful though because the ult ends when your target dies.

Im sure there are more fun ways to play poppy and use her ult but my normal games ended with the enemy surrender around 25 minutes most of the time.
    i5-3570k 4.3Ghz P8Z77-V Pro (2x4) G.Skill RAM 1600
    ASUS GTX 670 Crucial M4 128Gb