Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    An attempt on Thralls life will be made in the next patch

Garrosh is gonna send a hit squad to the echo islands and aggra is gonna get it in the crossfire

Thrall then rallies his supporters and takes back the title of warchief

Thats what i can see happening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olddreth View Post
    Yeah, another horde leader as xpac endboss would be awesome! /saracasm
    It would be awesome. Sylvannas' dramatic progression has been one of a gradual slipping of her grasp on her own mortality and morality. The trajectory of her character is aimed at a face-heel turn. She started out as an edgy anti-hero dark-chick, but is maturing more and more into a sociopathic taskmistress. She really should turn 'evil'. Either that means the Horde turns evil with her, or she leaves the horde.

She needn't be an xpac endboss, and could do well as an ongoing villain . Indeed, WoW lacks this kind of persistent heel for the heroes to stuggle against (well there is the burning legion, but they are so remote and uninvolved in the day-to-day on Azeroth, and lack strong characters- KIljaeden may be strong, but he isn't characterised). People care about Sylvannas, some hate her- the investment in this character is high. It'd be great if Sylvannas could be one of the main threats on Azeroth. The Alliance already hate her, and have their motivations sorted, the Horde would hate her just as much after she subjugated and betrayed them- she'd be as unpopular as any real world ex-dictator.

But Blizzard has a habit of killing off their good characters faster than they can grow them (often when they don't need to)- so if Sylvannas makes a face-heel-turn like she looks like she's going to, then she'll probably be an endboss.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Two devs have already said it will be Thrall. I dont know why peolpe refuse to understand it.
    I reject your reality and substitute it with my own. Fuck Thrall. What shitty shitty storytelling. Blizz has a perfect platform for some goddamned tension in the narrative. Intrigue over the ambiguous accession! Hell, no warchief is better than 'Thrall takes his hammer back' (yawn). Imagine an entire xpac wherein the Horde is on the brink of civil war as the various contenders vie for the Doomhammer. Grommash hall is full of arguing pundits, and a Doomhammer sits unhandled upon the throne. Each patch we get an update in the various political advances of each contender. Each faction leader mobilises their own armies and brings them within striking distance of Orgrimmar 'for it's security'.

Just some narrative, please, Metzen. Your stupid Mary-sue can have it after that, but don't just give it to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist... Hogger.

He escapes from the Stormwind Stocks and makes his way to Durotar only to slaughter Garrosh where he stands. Then builds a Basic Campfire. Hogger + Basic Campfire = new warchief.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-02-19 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    I reject your reality and substitute it with my own. Fuck Thrall. What shitty shitty storytelling. Blizz has a perfect platform for some goddamned tension in the narrative. Intrigue over the ambiguous accession! Hell, no warchief is better than 'Thrall takes his hammer back' (yawn). Imagine an entire xpac wherein the Horde is on the brink of civil war as the various contenders vie for the Doomhammer. Grommash hall is full of arguing pundits, and a Doomhammer sits unhandled upon the throne. Each patch we get an update in the various political advances of each contender. Each faction leader mobilises their own armies and brings them within striking distance of Orgrimmar 'for it's security'.

Just some narrative, please, Metzen. Your stupid Mary-sue can have it after that, but don't just give it to him.
    Warcraft has never had better storytelling and narrative than with Thrall leading the horde, both in W3 and in WoW.

Civil War in one of the two players factions? Are you out of your mind?

It would make no sense, you have your faction almost destroyed by a tyrant, after this, societies want to make sure the next leader is not another tyrant.
    The horde knows Thrall is not a tyrant, it has Vol'jin, Eitrigg and probably Baine's support . Sylvannas know better than to put herself as enemy of Thrall, and Lor'themar wouldnt be able to oppose.

And stop it with the Mary sue crap, Thrall is not a Mary Sue, he is just a good leader, which is what the Horde need after the stupid Garrosh almost destroying it completely.

I hope you never get to make a book or script, because your narrative would suck.

Deleted
    Rexxar please!

Deleted
    I think it will be a tight race between "The Unstoppable Force" and "The Immovable Object"

Both will be pretty good i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realy don't think that Sylvanna will become warchief and get slaughtered in 6.4. This seems just too similar to the current content.
    Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    And Glenn ... the battle ostrich!!
    I'm still looking for the troll under the bridge in thunderbluff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Warcraft has never had better storytelling and narrative than with Thrall leading the horde, both in W3 and in WoW.
    I'd agree with this, though that doesn't mean they should pass up this opportunity to mine tension. It'd just be a waste.

Civil War in one of the two players factions? Are you out of your mind?
    On the brink of a civil war, I said, and no, I'm not. After Garrosh is put down, it turns out there are a number of potential claimants for the Doomhammer, and no clear indication as to who should take it. A terse standoff would arise- if anyone takes the doomhammer, than the other claimaints will initiate civil war against the 'pretender'. As such, the Doomhammer sits untouched on the Throne at Grommash hall, and a small force representing each potential warchief keep each other from taking it something of a mexican standoff. All the while, without provoking civil war with open acts of violence, each faction works subtly and buhind the scenes to undermine and discredit the others.

It would actually be a really interesting setting for Orgrimmar.

It would make no sense, you have your faction almost destroyed by a tyrant, after this, societies want to make sure the next leader is not another tyrant.
    To the contrary, following a Tyrant, instability is the norm in the power vacuum they leave behind. It's actually a rather rare and cool scenario in history- tyrants usually fall to outside forces, in which case the next government is predetermined. But when iron-fisted regimes collapse naturally you usually get 'balkanisation' (named after what happened to the Balkans when Tito croaked, but also visible in the fall of Rome, the fall of the USSR, and the fall of the Galactic Empire :P ).

Now obviously you can't have the Horde break up, but you can wave the very plausible threat of it. Kinda like in China, after Mao took a back seat after the twin successive failures of the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution- there was a non-violent but intense power struggle between the hardline maoist and progressives.

Anyway, the point is that following the downfall of an authoritarian leader, there is a power vacuum that usually results in the fragmentation of that regime.

The horde knows Thrall is not a tyrant, it has Vol'jin, Eitrigg and probably Baine's support . Sylvannas know better than to put herself as enemy of Thrall, and Lor'themar wouldnt be able to oppose.
    Thrall would make for a good unifying figure, but he wouldn't preclude the power vacuum and scramble that would follow the downfall of Garrosh. Well, he most likely will, but that's bad writing. Thrall would make for an excellent cantidate to defuse the standoff and prevent it from boiling over.

I would also add, though, that you over-estimate the eastern factions compliance. They surely did comply to Thrall when he wielded the Doomhammer, but in this situation he would be seeking their affirmation, and they have leverage with which to refuse or make demands. The Horde does need them. I would say this is an excellent chance in which to introduce representative government, or a constitution. To undermine the despotic power of the Doomhammer- an Azerothian 'magna carta' moment. Then you'd also have the unexpected situation where despite being the more aggressive geopolitically, the Horde are the more progressive politically.

And stop it with the Mary sue crap, Thrall is not a Mary Sue, he is just a good leader, which is what the Horde need after the stupid Garrosh almost destroying it completely.
    It's not crap, he is plain and simple an author avatar. He is a good leader, the greatest the Horde has ever known, actually. But aside from being the greatest political leader, he is also the most important philosopher/cultural figure in Orc history, as it was he who singlehandedly revived the shamanistic tradition amongst orc kind. He's also the greatest Shaman the world has ever known. He also just retired from commanding the most powerful military force on Azeroth so he could save the world. Raised by humans, different to all other Orcs he learned their language and fighting styles. He also fought the legendary general Doomhammer 1-on-1 and beat him. He's also uncharacteristically handsome, for an Orc. And wise.

Did you have the pleasure of playing through the different areas of his fractured psyche in Cata? That wasn't hamfisted at all, eh?

I get that you like him, that's cool. I get also that he's not going away, I've accepted that. But I'm not going to pretend he is a well balanced and intriguing character. He's Metzen's PC, stomping about. In fact, I'd risk a guess that before Thrall was a lore character, wayyyy back around or before WCII, he actually was Metzen's PC.

Either way, not everything Thrall does is bad, but he shouldn't just sidestep in and get the throne no questions asked.

I hope you never get to make a book or script, because your narrative would suck.
    Ouch; right in the ambition. I wouldn't presume to know how well your writing is. I am actually a decent writer, though as yet unpublished (I'm a mere 74,000 words into my first novel). I hope you read a lot of fantasy, cyberpunk, or cosmic horror- or like indy games (I'd get some satisfaction if you were to unwittingly enjoy one of my works someday, not that I'd know).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    An attempt on Thralls life will be made in the next patch

Garrosh is gonna send a hit squad to the echo islands and aggra is gonna get it in the crossfire

Thrall then rallies his supporters and takes back the title of warchief

Thats what i can see happening
    No. thats what you 'want' to happen, its not what you can see happening, theres a fine line.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No. thats what you 'want' to happen, its not what you can see happening, theres a fine line.
    Yeah cause im sure garrosh is not gonna hear about what happened in the echo isles didnt you play through the domination point questline?

When garrosh hears what happned hes gonna send his hit squad straight over there this will make thralls mind up once and for all after all the dilly dallying hes been doing

Also trassk what i want to see happening is garrosh staying as leader and all the other traitorous racial leaders executed for treason
    but i know thats not in blizzs plans so i have to point out the obvious that is garrosh is gonna try to kill thrall and this will finnally make him see that he has to do something and not sit in the echo islands 'thinking' about what to do next
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-02-19 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    ...Also trassk what i want to see happening is garrosh staying as leader and all the other traitorous racial leaders executed for treason...
    This. Well, not executed, but I quite like Garrosh and what he does for the Horde internally, and the Horde Alliance conflict. I would like to see him really tighten the iron fist, so to speak, and assert totalitarian control over the Horde. Put Kor'kron everywhere, not just in Undercity. The Horde should go through an Authoritarian phase for a little while before Garrosh gets the boot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Cooking Fire, obviously.

I would prefer blood elves, i HATE immature kids they're so ... sooo .... so .... so ... you know ... pathetic.
    So, you hate yourself ?

I'd like it to be Sylvanus. It would be cool for the Horde to have internal strife for more than one expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I'd like it to be Sylvanus. It would be cool for the Horde to have internal strife for more than one expansion.
    It suits the Horde in general; Where as the Alliance is very much a cohesive alliance of mutual interests, the Horde is correspondingly a horde of jostling juntas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, gee. Another thread like this...ah well, nothing better to do right now.

Blizzard simply shouldn't have called Garrosh to be the final enemy of the expansion. He is not as bad as people perceive him to be, honnestly. The only issue is that, because of his behaviour in Wrath of the Lich King (along with the model he received in Cataclysm) people saw him as a HURRDURR ME SMASH person, with no brains whatsoever, and liked Thrall more because Thrall actually had a fleshed out history in several books and Warcraft 3.

Garrosh isn't stupid, he just - as Christie Golden defines it - has a weak core. Meaning he's too naïve and at the same time too filled with racism and prejudice. Despite that, he WANTS to do good, but due to the bad advisors, this usually ends up as doing a bad thing. He was angry because he killed Cairne in an unfair fight, he thought he won fair but when he found out it was due to Magatha's 'enchantment' on Gorehowl he felt regrets. Nobody in their right minds would trust the Forsaken. And he did have a point with the Trolls that while the Horde was fighting in Northrend, most of the Darkspear tribe was busy with taking a few islands at most - he just puts it bluntly and doesn't sweettalk.
    Yes, he's gone "off the deep-end" with the recent changes to the story, but then I simply say: "People drove Blizzard to that point, because they LOVED AND ADORED Thrall." - Whom right now is an overdone character. He was good prior to being declared 'World Shaman' and some of those adoring fans now despise Thrall just as much. Atleast some of the people I know do.

Thrall as Warchief wouldn't be any better if you ask me, since his character was pretty much overdone. If anyone should be replacing Garrosh as Warchief (which I have to say again, is a poor decision...), let it be Eitrigg's son. Not Vol'jin, not Lor'themar (though this does seem to be hinted at), and definitely not Sylvanas (Not that I dislike her, just doesn't seem right)

As for Sylvanas, she's pretty misunderstood. I don't know if the ones calling her psychotic and evil actually did the Forsaken quest-chain from the start of Silverpine to Southshore's ruins. The Horde attack on Gilneas - mainly done by the Forsaken - was at Garrosh's orders because he wanted a port on Eastern Kingdoms (which makes little sense, Blizzard , since where would Forsaken ships come from?). And rather than going on with the war that the Forsaken unlocked, which resulted in the Worgen retaliating - Sylvanas managed to stop the war in Silverpine by forcing a retreat into Gilneas. In addition, according to quests at the Southshore ruins, Sylvanas wouldn't be pleased that the Forsaken plague would make the land unlivable for Forsaken - and to close this off with, she protects her people's land from the Alliance. Only Calia Menethil has any rights to Lordaeron. Not the Alliance. The Forsaken are Lordaeron's rightful owners until Calia makes a presence in the story again.

I predict Trassk disecting my thread because I'm justifying Garrosh's behaviour.
    Last edited by Solonar; 2013-02-19 at 03:39 PM.

It's going to be Garrosh cleansed of sha corruption.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be thrall

We all know its gonna be thrall chris metzen wants him back and trust me you will be seeing alot of him in 5.4!
    Hopefully the outcry when Blizz confirmed its Thrall will make them reconsider.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Baine Bloodhoof also deserves a story, he's been in the game since warcraft 3
    Mother pus bucket!