Poll: How do you prefer new races?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    Yeah think I read that. It's still pretty absurd to me. I mean it's a faction war with causalities unless they mean to imply Pandaren don't take death in these faction wars seriously. In which case I'm even more stumped; There's your childhood buddy going to get slaughtered by your comrades and you're okay with that?
    They covered that in the horde and alliance pandaren intos. Of course Varian has sympathy for you having to fight your friends and family while Garrosh tries to kill you for his own amusement and you just take it like a little bitch. RAAHHHH! ME STRONG ORC! KILL THOSE ALLIANCE PANDAREN FOR ME! I THIRST FOR BLOOD! RAHHHHH!!!

I'm an Other. I'd like 1 & 4.

No new races. There's enough already.
    But I'd like to be able to choose to align any race with either faction. There's "evil" versions of just about every race in the game so what makes sense for every race is for them to choose their own allegiances.
    More like EQ's factions where you could always decide to start slaughtering your own faction's members (or otherwise act against them) until your rep is high enough to start questing for the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral or faction based on what makes sense. I don't want them to exclude ogres just because they'd never work as an Alliance race and 'Neutral Only' had become the new standard for some reason.

Deleted
    Few demon classes as a new third side, not that i would play it, but it would be an interesting turn of things. And I suppose many people would welcome an evil side:-) Downside of this would be that those haters who hates everything would be yelling wtfomgwtfblizzyounoobsyoucopyagainpokemozandnowelderscrolls!

Yeah think I read that. It's still pretty absurd to me. I mean it's a faction war with causalities unless they mean to imply Pandaren don't take death in these faction wars seriously. In which case I'm even more stumped; There's your childhood buddy going to get slaughtered by your comrades and you're okay with that?
    Cdev never addressed that at all. They said how they think two pandaren from opposite sides of the fence react towards each other but what happens when an Orc ingloriously slaughters said Alliance Pandaren that was a friend of said Horde Pandaren? Or vice versa. Not a peep; I can't imagine they'd act like its nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The thing is, that can work for anyone. BGs become War Games, Training Exercises etc. Trash talk is always there and knows no faction anyways.
    Honestly, I've been in support of that concept in view of the upcoming Legion invasion. The factions band together, world PvP is the result of leftover bad blood, and BGs can be border/resource skirmishes, training exercises, and high-risk war games.

I'd imagine they're not happy about it by any stretch, but from what we've seen ingame, pandaren are very good at accepting things for what they are: yes, your buddy just got killed by the orc you've teamed up with, but just from what we've seen Huojin pandaren were introduced to the Horde in such a way that implies Garrosh has no problem killing them if they don't fall in line, and Tushui pandaren tend to be really good at understanding some things are outside their sphere of control and that there will be time to grieve later.

If two pandaren meet in a faction battle, though, they're more likely to treat it as the ultimate contest of skill between themselves; Tushui and Huojin pandaren have something of a friendly rivalry running through the Wandering Isle experience, and it's not generally implied that the rift between Aysa and Ji is indicative of the two schools of thought as a whole.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    Why would there be a Civil War between the Pandaren? The Tushui and Huojin "factions" are merely schools of thought among the Pandaren. More importantly, they're schools of thought among the Pandaren of the Wandering Isle. Tushui and Huojin as factions don't exist on Pandaria.
    The Alliance/Horde inadvertently make viable enemies out of Pandaren villages in the Jade Forest (In one instance the Horde tried kidnapping the Pandaren's children to force their compliance,) and in Kun-Lai summit the Alliance and Horde set up their own camps to TRAIN Pandaren and enthrall them to their cause.

Blizzards could easily push a Pandaren Civil War if they so chose, and would be a powerful story point for them to do so. There's no real use in setting up a sort of "neutral faction" (even moreso to create multiple ones,) to act as mediators if the goal of Warcraft is to keep the fires of war burning between the Horde and Alliance. Said "neutral factions" either fall by the wayside, or, more recently, are killed or go insane.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-19 at 09:55 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.