Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    [Elemental] Sha of Fear HC 10man tips?

    My guild is starting tommorrow on Sha Of Fear HC and I have some questions, for shamans who already killed it or progressing on it.

    1) Doest it worth going full mastery build after you reach P2 and you have Lei Shi haste buff?
    2) Since you can be send shortly after fight starts to panda platform, does it worth to save Fire Elemental for that?
    3) Ascendance for platform or Sha in P1?
    4) In P2, is better to use Ascendance for nuking Sha if there no adds or Lava Beam adds?
    5) Anything else what worth to mention how this fight could be specific for Elemental?

  2. #2
    1) No, lei shi buff is only in phase 1 and is only a tool that lets you get past phase 1 easier after you've gotten to phase 2 once for that raid night.
    2.) I always use earth elemental on the pull and save fire elemental for whenever you're sent to a platform.
    3) Depends on your dps, If you need the extra dps on platforms without lei's hope then yes save any 3min cds for platforms untill you have lei's hope.
    4.) Its situational but typically I use it in the earlier wave of adds for single target on sha and on 5+ add waves use it on adds as they are highest priority at that time.

    5.) During cackle as you're leaving the platform cast unleash elements just as you're getting out of range of sha to have a stronger flame shock on the platform add. Try and target the add while spamming flame shock ASAP in hopes of flame shocking the add before you land.

    In phase 2, Add waves with 1-2 adds focus boss and only use CL off the boss if adds are directly under sha. Add waves with 3+ adds spam the hell out of CL on the highest health add/add that allows for beast spread of chain lightning as adds wont arrive at the same time and wont be clumped till after a few moments. Remember sha's hit box is huge but with the way CL seems to work it only chains from the middle of his hitbox so you'll always hit sha if you CL an add insted of him. Also make sure to make the most use out of spirtwalker's grace during waterspouts and ancestral guidance when needed. Important to save an ancestral guidance for the last add wave or whichever your healers will need assistance on.

    The greatest advice that I can give ANYONE doing H sha is do not mess up passing the orb ever, EVER. This will save you the greatest amount of headaches.

    If you have any other questions or would like something explained in more detail feel free to post or PM me

  3. #3
    I can help answer a couple of your question even though I don't play a Shaman unfortunately!

    1) What Ryuke says would be my thoughts!
    2) My guild always saved pots/DPS CD's for platforms until we had the 15% haste buff
    3) Same as above
    4) No idea, sorry!
    5) I have a macro I found really useful for Ball Passing! I use it in conjuction with Grid so, if you a different setup where it is a pain to get to mouseovers, you might have to remove that line.

    /stopcasting
    /tar mouseover
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

  4. #4
    1) Yes, I personally reforge to remove as much haste as possible for 2 reasons :
    - it increases the dps in P1 (although it is not the most important part, it is still possible to screw it up)
    - it increases your AoE dps at the expense of a very small loss in single target DPS

    2) and 3) You shouldn't save your CD's but you can do it if your dps on the outer shrines is too low. Try to use them during the pull and drink pots on the first and second shrines maybe it's enough (you'll have your CD's back for the 3rd and 4th shrines).
    Also, glyph FET so you can have it back for the 2nd or 3rd shrine.

    4) We didn't get too far in P2 but since the phase lasts for 10 minutes you can use the first and second Ascendance on the Sha and the third on adds if need be.

    5) Glyph FET, pick Elemental Blast (your DPS during shrines will be too low if you don"t), remember the spray patterns or install DreadSprayVR for minimum movement.

  5. #5
    Really thanks for all tips, it helped to shape things up!

  6. #6
    As for when to use 2nd potion, if you have NOT reached phase 2 yet use it after you've returned from a platform in combination with damage buff you received. If you HAVE reached phase 2 and have lei's hope save 2nd potion as an extra CD for later add waves. Potion CD does not reset with CD reset going into phase 2, Your ankh CD WILL reset though.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Your ankh CD WILL reset though.
    Holy shit !

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Blademaster Pinklefairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canadaland
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Holy shit indeed! I was more upset that potion didn't reset though
    Potion does reset, but only if used as soon as you load in to P2, giving you 2 potions in P2. You can't use a second one in P1. FIRE ELE also resets if used right at the start of P2, as well as Ascendance. You have about 3/4 seconds to use these.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklefairy View Post
    Potion does reset, but only if used as soon as you load in to P2, giving you 2 potions in P2. You can't use a second one in P1. FIRE ELE also resets if used right at the start of P2, as well as Ascendance. You have about 3/4 seconds to use these.
    Is it instantly reset or does it go on a 60 sec CD which would mean you're simply just pre poting again? Either way I suppose it would give you an extra few seconds of potion before you reach the boss. Just would mean its not actually resetting and simply going on a 60 sec CD as a potion normally would out of combat. I'll try out the reset on fire ele though suppose that'd be the most useful one to get another of as ascendance would mostly be running out of time before you get much use out of it.

    After thoughts: If this was the case even if you used 2 potions in phase 1 shouldn't it reset no matter what if what you're stating is true? Or is this just some special thing that happens in those first few seconds that allows potion to reset for some reason? It sounds plausable with abilities as that's when everything is reset but idk about potions.

  11. #11
    1) Doest it worth going full mastery build after you reach P2 and you have Lei Shi haste buff?
    Nah, same as 2nd poster's opinion

    2) Since you can be send shortly after fight starts to panda platform, does it worth to save Fire Elemental for that?
    No, unless dps on platforms is absolutely a problem for you, maybe. But I pop it at the start to get it the biggest uptime on it as we're only on the platform for about 50 seconds or so.

    3) Ascendance for platform or Sha in P1?
    Depends, If your dps on the platforms is good, it can make it actually harder for the tanks to pick up the orbs.

    4) In P2, is better to use Ascendance for nuking Sha if there no adds or Lava Beam adds?
    I use it on the adds when we start getting 3, I'm one of the guys that hop on adds earlier in the fight, and we rotate CD's (2 mages) and my ascendance to make sure we're getting the adds down in a proper amount of time.

    5) Anything else what worth to mention how this fight could be specific for Elemental?
    Ok, heres where i've found a few ways to get more out of elemental as u can. If you get into p2 with ascendance up, your able to pop it right off the bat in p2, and run up to sha. Currently my guild only has to kill two platforms in p1 so we don't use CD's on the platforms since its only going to make it harder for the tank. I save my ascendance and spirit walkers grace for p2, pop it AS SOON AS YOU GET THERE. You'll get maybe about 10 seconds of uptime in p2 to dps Sha in that phase. Then when he submerges we pop lust, and i'll have ascendance up again to blow along with spiritwalkers grace if there happens to be waterspouts first. You can do that as well with ur fire ele if you happen to have the 3 min cd but i've opted out for CL and FS and UL. I guess what i'm really trying to say is have all dps pop their CD's as soon as they get into p2 if they have them up as they'll reset about like 1-2 seconds later. Lust dont work, but other than that. GL.

    Also if you doing 10m be prepared for wipes during p2 a lot, 25m can just ignore the Huddles, but in 10m you have to cleanse the huddles, so make sure you are getting the adds down asap cause your gonna get shitty RNG where the spawns wont be there til like 30% left til the sha submerges. so make sure you are burning the shit out of them.

    FYI Our attempts we kill get to 2nd phase of sha after only 2 platforms, i dont kno about other people in this thread but I do not need to use Ascendance again in phase 1 other than at the begining.

    Here is our Sha kill video with my PoV and a warrior tanks PoV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsv3FYtP0o

    probably will help you understand what to expect in p2, as dealing with huddle can be very very hectic
    My Personal/Guild YouTube Channel: Featuring Rise of Professional Gaming Documentary!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wodderwing2?feature=mhee

    My Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Muxx/advanced

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post

    FYI Our attempts we kill get to 2nd phase of sha after only 2 platforms, i dont kno about other people in this thread but I do not need to use Ascendance again in phase 1 other than at the begining.
    With lei's hope it should only be 2. Make sure all your CDs are ON cooldown as going into phase 2 resets EVERYTHING including ANKH expect maybe potions that's a tossup if you read above posts. Not sure if you knew this or not but no reason to save any cds during phase 1.

  13. #13
    Blademaster Pinklefairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canadaland
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Is it instantly reset or does it go on a 60 sec CD which would mean you're simply just pre poting again? Either way I suppose it would give you an extra few seconds of potion before you reach the boss. Just would mean its not actually resetting and simply going on a 60 sec CD as a potion normally would out of combat. I'll try out the reset on fire ele though suppose that'd be the most useful one to get another of as ascendance would mostly be running out of time before you get much use out of it.

    After thoughts: If this was the case even if you used 2 potions in phase 1 shouldn't it reset no matter what if what you're stating is true? Or is this just some special thing that happens in those first few seconds that allows potion to reset for some reason? It sounds plausable with abilities as that's when everything is reset but idk about potions.
    The potion is instantly reset just like all other CDs. For some reason, it doesn't reset the potion if used before P2. I honestly don't know why, I've tried it multiple times. Besides, you'd want the 2 for P2.

    Basically what I do is normal P1 Prepot, and pot/FET/Ascendance as soon as P2 loads. You get a good 5-8 seconds of ascendance on the boss if you run to him, bit more if you are a lucky one with a platform buff.
    Last edited by Pinklefairy; 2013-02-04 at 08:55 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklefairy View Post
    The potion is instantly reset just like all other CDs. For some reason, it doesn't reset the potion if used before P2. I honestly don't know why, I've tried it multiple times. Besides, you'd want the 2 for P2.

    Basically what I do is normal P1 Prepot, and pot/FET/Ascendance as soon as P2 loads. You get a good 5-8 seconds of ascendance on the boss if you run to him, bit more if you are a lucky one with a platform buff.
    Does this work for every other class? Assuming not everyone loads in at the same time whats a good indicator that you can no longer do this? When Sha becomes visible? And yeah our guild goes into phase 2 as 2nd platform is coming back with buff so they get full duration more or less of increased damage.

  15. #15
    Blademaster Pinklefairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canadaland
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Does this work for every other class? Assuming not everyone loads in at the same time whats a good indicator that you can no longer do this? When Sha becomes visible? And yeah our guild goes into phase 2 as 2nd platform is coming back with buff so they get full duration more or less of increased damage.
    Yeah it works for every class, you can see it being done in the Method video.

    As soon as Sha starts running at you the window is closed.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklefairy View Post
    Yeah it works for every class, you can see it being done in the Method video.

    As soon as Sha starts running at you the window is closed.
    Very cool even though its not a make it or break it thing who doesn't like more dps

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    If you get into p2 with ascendance up, your able to pop it right off the bat in p2, and run up to sha.
    Actually the CDs are reset shortly after P2 starts. So you can pop Ascendance and Fire Elemental right after entering P2, that will give you a couple more seconds.

  18. #18
    Thanks for another round of tips.

    We reached P2 quite easily and our best try was like 15% so far in second phase (8 hours of prorgress) and less than 50 pulls in total, so i guess its not that bad. Yes, that RNG with Huddles is terrible, when towards the end Huddle get both healers, its really hard to pass ball to healer. But I think we slowly getting there for a kill.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Thanks for another round of tips.

    We reached P2 quite easily and our best try was like 15% so far in second phase (8 hours of prorgress) and less than 50 pulls in total, so i guess its not that bad. Yes, that RNG with Huddles is terrible, when towards the end Huddle get both healers, its really hard to pass ball to healer. But I think we slowly getting there for a kill.
    Good to hear last 15% are what really matter so just have to get over that bump

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Thanks for another round of tips.

    We reached P2 quite easily and our best try was like 15% so far in second phase (8 hours of prorgress) and less than 50 pulls in total, so i guess its not that bad. Yes, that RNG with Huddles is terrible, when towards the end Huddle get both healers, its really hard to pass ball to healer. But I think we slowly getting there for a kill.
    Last 15% is where the fight really starts, that's the main complain of most people about this boss.
    Throw the ball to one of the healers preemptively before huddle during those last few submerges, that will ensure you can only have 1 healer huddled.
    Refrain from tossing the ball around too much -that is the main source of raid damage.
    Healing with different classes since Vanilla
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Higgs/advanced

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •