View Poll Results: How you feel about Belves eye glow?

Voters
181. This poll is closed
  • Don't change anything. Green is how I recognize them.

70 38.67%
  • Make all of them turn to a golden glow. Only Warlocks with green fire reward keep the green glow.

21 11.60%
  • Make it a choice as DKs skin. Every skin color doubled with Sunwell golden and Fel green eyes.

90 49.72%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Nah, the combination of crimson red and fel green works nicely.
    You sir have a flawless aesthetic taste

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    I don't understand this. Before Arthas corrupted the Sunwell, all the high elves had blue eyes. So why would they turn golden after it has been cleansed? The only reasonable thing would be for them to return to normal (i.e. blue), but that might take a while as the residual fel energy can last for years according to Blizzard.

If the Sunwell's holy energy gave elves golden eyes, then the high elves' eyes would have been golden before the Scourge.
    Before the corruption the Sunwell was arcane in nature. Arcane is connected to the blue color. After the crruption, they went to Fel energy. Fel is connected to green.

The cleanse was made by Velen, using a Na'aru essence, that is holy in nature. Holy energy is golden. Seems natural.

I don't mind it happening, and it would certainly make it interesting for the Night Elves who held/hold yellow eyes in high regard. I like Redmage's idea of a quest line. The Alliance version could be Dwarves getting Wildhammer tattoos through a quest line.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

You can have my green eyes when you pry them from my cold dead skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be interesting to see where the revival of the Sun Well will take them...

'course, the belves are stealing Titan blood and thunder forges in 5.2 for something. Always snapping up new sources of power when they become available. Belves will be belves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    As much as they change the color of their eyes, the blood elves are and will forever be a corrupt breed, tainted with demonic magic, and they never will get rid of this scar, especially in the moral sphere.

The only good Blood Elf is a dead Blood Elf.

Glory to the authentic Quel'dorei! For the Alliance! The Silver Unicorn flag will wave again! Long live Alleria, future leader of the High Elves.
    Just like that old saying "the only good person form Lordaeron is a dead one".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Well, they're all Forsaken, so good or bad, really...

Considering the living ones are Scarlet Crusade, so yeah, that's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    "the only good person form Lordaeron is a dead one".
    Oh wait, they pretty much all are! Ahaahahah

You need to add Blue eyes in the poll.

Amber eyes on a Belf is a bad idea... going back to blue like the High Elves would fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, they're all Forsaken, so good or bad, really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Considering the living ones are Scarlet Crusade, so yeah, that's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Oh wait, they pretty much all are! Ahaahahah
    Looks like all of you forget (intentionally and deliberately I guess) of the exiles of Lordaeron, which are still alive and have more rights over the Kingdom of Lordaeron than a handful of dead corpses.

When the undead plague began to spread from the north to the south, the vast majority of humans of Lordaeron (especially at the end of the Third War) were forced to flee into exile from their lands, fleeing south to the lands of the other human allies (except Gilneas that was closed up tight) mainly Stormwind (the southern kingdom).

So all of you commit two serious errors:
    • First, you have no regard to the enormous amount of human coming from Lordaeron that live scattered across Azeroth in Alliance lands.
    • Second, you think that a heterogeneous group of rotting monsters and zombies has any rights over the Kingdom of Lordaeron, where the only places they belong are the graves of which they came from.

The exiles of Lordaeron wait patiently the time, the time in which they may reclaim their lands, the time in which they can return to their homes, and among those exiles there anyone who has a special interest in this: the Queen Calia.

When Queen Calia enters the scene, she will command an army of loyal sons of Lordaeron with the firm intention of recovering the lands that have been usurped to them, to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory and to restore the honor of the King Terenas Menethil and of the entire Alliance throughout Azeroth!

For Lordaeron! Glory to the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by jishdefish View Post
    I don't mind it happening, and it would certainly make it interesting for the Night Elves who held/hold yellow eyes in high regard. I like Redmage's idea of a quest line. The Alliance version could be Dwarves getting Wildhammer tattoos through a quest line.
    Would much rather that be a choice at character creation, when it comes to eye color. Not a hard thing to do. For wildhammer tattoos and whatnot, "Do you wanna be Bronzebeard, Wildhammer or Dark Iron", "do you wanna be Mag'har, Dragonmaw or normal", that sorta thing at character creation.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

No choice for "Eye color doesn't matter"

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Before the corruption the Sunwell was arcane in nature. Arcane is connected to the blue color. After the crruption, they went to Fel energy. Fel is connected to green.

The cleanse was made by Velen, using a Na'aru essence, that is holy in nature. Holy energy is golden. Seems natural.
    Where do you take this from? I have seen no evidence that the Sunwell before Kel'Thuzad was any different than the Sunwell after Velen. Why do you think it was "arcane" before?

You might very well be right, so I am not necessarily doubting you. I am just curious where you learned about that.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Where do you take this from? I have seen no evidence that the Sunwell before Kel'Thuzad was any different than the Sunwell after Velen. Why do you think it was "arcane" before?

You might very well be right, so I am not necessarily doubting you. I am just curious where you learned about that.

The Sunwell was a fount of mystical power at a convergence of powerful ley energies in Quel'Thalas, created by the high elves who used a vial of sacred water stolen from the Well of Eternity.
    The well's potent arcane magic fed and strengthened all of the high elves on Azeroth. Thus, the city of Silvermoon was established. The power of the high elves grew, and they cast an enchantment on the Eversong Woods that would keep them bathed in eternal springtime. Elven magi crafted monolithic Runestones along the borders of Quel'Thalas; these massive stones powered a magical shield intended to mask the elves' magic from extra-dimensional threats and protect the land from invasion. The hard-won peace of Quel'Thalas would endure for roughly four thousand years.
    For millennia the mystical pool of energy fueled the potent magic of the exiled high elves. The Sunwell's inexhaustible power permeated the elves and infused them with a constant supply of arcane energy. For generations the high elves protected and cherished the well, benefiting from its powers even when outside the borders of their homeland.

Following the defeat of Illidan in Outland, Kael'thas - bristling with power from his Manaforges in Netherstorm - finally returned to Quel'Thalas, promising final deliverance to his people. To this end he harnessed the mortal possessor of the Sunwell's energies, Anveena. However, the prince's exposure to fel energies had made him unstable, and he sought out a new master, a demon lord of the Burning Legion Kil'jaeden. Kael attempted to summon Kil'jaeden into Azeroth using the reignited Sunwell as a portal. This was prevented due to the actions of a group of heroes and Anveena herself who sacrificed her life to prevent Kil'jaedens full emergence into Azeroth. The battle with the Kil'jaeden once again left the Sunwell powerless. However Velen appeared shortly thereafter and uses the naaru M'uru's "spark" to reignite the Sunwell, explaining:
    "In time, the light and hope within will rebirth more than this mere fount of power. Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation."
    This restores the Sunwell using the energies of M'uru, returning the blood elves' "fount of power." The Sunwell's new energies are derived from both the arcane and from M'uru's powers of the Light.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sunwell

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    T
    Its totally feasible for Blood Elves to have all 3 of these choices. New generations will have been born, if fel taint is cleansed by anything its more than definately holy magic.
    I guess the fel taint will stick for a few more generations, but in lets say 400- 500 years they could have golden eyes I guess, fel taint tends to linger after all.

New generations will have been born, if fel taint is cleansed by anything its more than definately holy magic.
    ...And they'll be 6 years old.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    awesome rly nice

WoW time isnt real time, plus theres no need to put those sort of limitations into the game.
    Dave Kosak said the battle of Hyjal was seven years ago in Cataclysm, which means 8-9 years have passed , since the sacking of Quel'thalas, elves may age as fast as humans do to a certain point, but they would still be children for about 10 years.