View Poll Results: How you feel about Belves eye glow?

Voters
181. This poll is closed
  • Don't change anything. Green is how I recognize them.

70 38.67%
  • Make all of them turn to a golden glow. Only Warlocks with green fire reward keep the green glow.

21 11.60%
  • Make it a choice as DKs skin. Every skin color doubled with Sunwell golden and Fel green eyes.

90 49.72%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    You are off a bit, this is only a thing with night elves, so its not the same. So for a blood elf it is possible. In lore powerful paladins have glowing gold eyes because of the Holy light. I wish they would add this to the paladin class my self. I my self would like to keep blood elves with green and blue.
    Oh? Thank you, i didn't know that. =)

you the small cosmetic changes like this would be greatly appreciated...for instance shouldn't we be allowed at this point to make brown or black orcs? make a tauren toon who looks like a taunka? etc.

Both of those factions did join the Horde and it would be a minor change in the blizzard grand scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I just mentioned this in another thread, and I SERIOUSLY hope I'm remembering this right because if not I'll feel like an idiot, but high elves without green eyes aren't even a thing anymore. There was a lore panel a while back that stated that the demonic corruption permeates the land similar to nuclear fallout, and that even "high" elves have green eyes now due to exposure. There's literally no physical difference between high elves and blood elves at this point. Considering the Sunwell's been purified, I'd expect for both factions to become one again.
    I came here to post this, as i remember this is correct its an exposure thing.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I don't think it's the same as physical changes to Draenei and Orcs. In the case of Belves, they kept their appearance, and only changed the energy source from Arcane Blue to Fel Green.
    Arcane blue to fel green? I think you should check up on Warcraft 2 and the vanilla WoW High Elf models, they had normal eyes just like humans. No glow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by NightwolfZed View Post
    Oh? Thank you, i didn't know that. =)
    Np happy to have been of help .

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

their eyes dont "glow" green. they nolonger have eyes at all their eyes are made out of fel fire if their eyes just glowed green it wouldnt be a biggy since lorewise high elves have green eyes, purple eyes, silver eyes, golden eyes, blue eyes, red eyes ect ect
    What the hell are you talking about? The blood elves still have eyes, they merely have a green glint.

Blood elves are biologically and physiologically high elves.[2] Courtesy of their exposure to fel magic (the practice of which spread in a similar fashion to the orcs own exposure to the substance, tainting even those in its proximity who chose not to dabble in it), the eyes of the sin'dorei now produce an emerald glow.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elf#cite_note-23

OT

No they should keep their green eyes, since it will take quite some time for the fel taint to wear off.

Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-02-19 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Normal orcs are brown, orcs that dabble with fel magic turn green, and if they keep at it THEN they turn red.
    wrong.

Yes normal Orcs are brown, but even being in close proximity to the fel energies began to cause all of the orcs to turn green. Both Draka and Durotan DESPISED the warlock magic and what Gul'dan was doing to the Horde in terms of pushing the dark magic onto the Orcs, and their brown skin began to change to a ashen green once the warlocks took a grip on Draenor.

The vivid green skin and red eyes came as a result of drinking the blood of Mannoroth, the demon lieutenant of Kil'jaeden, when Gul'dan summoned all the orcs in the Black Temple before their march of doom to Shattrath. Many orcs did not take part in the ritual, including Orgrim Doomhammer and Durotan, but still their skin became this unnatural green.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasn't golden eyes a symbol of nelfs that they are destined for greatness?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    wrong.

Yes normal Orcs are brown, but even being in close proximity to the fel energies began to cause all of the orcs to turn green. Both Draka and Durotan DESPISED the warlock magic and what Gul'dan was doing to the Horde in terms of pushing the dark magic onto the Orcs, and their brown skin began to change to a ashen green once the warlocks took a grip on Draenor.

The vivid green skin and red eyes came as a result of drinking the blood of Mannoroth, the demon lieutenant of Kil'jaeden, when Gul'dan summoned all the orcs in the Black Temple before their march of doom to Shattrath. Many orcs did not take part in the ritual, including Orgrim Doomhammer and Durotan, but still their skin became this unnatural green.
    Actually he is correct, though Durotan and co never actively practiced these arts people in their clan still did and so they dabbled in fel energy regardless, they were only slightly tainted but if orcs continue to expose themselves to fel eventually they will evolve , though without drinking demon blood it takes quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    wasn't golden eyes a symbol of nelfs that they are destined for greatness?
    Yeah even though it simply means the individual has a knack for druidic magic.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-02-19 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as they change the color of their eyes, the blood elves are and will forever be a corrupt breed, tainted with demonic magic, and they never will get rid of this scar, especially in the moral sphere.

The only good Blood Elf is a dead Blood Elf.

Glory to the authentic Quel'dorei! For the Alliance! The Silver Unicorn flag will wave again! Long live Alleria, future leader of the High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    As much as they change the color of their eyes, the blood elves are and will forever be a corrupt breed, tainted with demonic magic, and they never will get rid of this scar,

The only good Blood Elf is a dead Blood Elf.

Glory to the authentic Quel'dorei! For the Alliance! The Silver Unicorn flag will wave again! Long live Alleria, future leader of the High Elves.
    I know you are rping but oh well

Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142

especially in the moral sphere.
    If I have ever rationalized my choices using any other logic, I was certainly lying to myself. Hawkspear was right: I deal with the devil indeed, but the Sunwell may never have been restored had we not sunk to those levels. He and Aurora can sleep soundly, knowing they have never compromised their ethics, but if they deny that they prosper in the wake of those who have, then they delude themselves as much as I.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lor%27themar
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-02-19 at 06:50 PM.

I think it'd be better just leave the Blood Elves as is, but perhaps introduce High Elves as playable for Alliance.

nearly all magic in WoW has corruptive or transformative elements, the few exceptions are holy light and nature.
    nature will only transform you if you make it and light has been shown to have no negative effects on any non-corrupted or non-maligned beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I know you are rping but oh well
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. (Source)
    "a long time" sounds to me like several generations along several centuries...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If I have ever rationalized my choices using any other logic, I was certainly lying to myself. Hawkspear was right: I deal with the devil indeed, but the Sunwell may never have been restored had we not sunk to those levels. He and Aurora can sleep soundly, knowing they have never compromised their ethics, but if they deny that they prosper in the wake of those who have, then they delude themselves as much as I.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lor%27themar
    That just shows that there are two ways to deal with the same situation. The way you choose affects yourself one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Saerise View Post
    I think it'd be better just leave the Blood Elves as is, but perhaps introduce High Elves as playable for Alliance.
    Blizzard hears you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like choices. Giving players a choice to pick their eye color is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    "a long time" sounds to me like several generations along several centuries...
    And? It will fade in time.

That just shows that there are two ways to deal with the same situation. The way you choose affects yourself one way or another.
    Yes and the path the blood elves chose was not wrong in hindsight, it could have gone horribly wrong, but it didn't.

I don't understand this. Before Arthas corrupted the Sunwell, all the high elves had blue eyes. So why would they turn golden after it has been cleansed? The only reasonable thing would be for them to return to normal (i.e. blue), but that might take a while as the residual fel energy can last for years according to Blizzard.

If the Sunwell's holy energy gave elves golden eyes, then the high elves' eyes would have been golden before the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Really it's why all player character Night Elves have them, instead of the more common blue
    While that is true for the lore (About having the goldeyes) in game that does not quiet fit. Not ALL the Night elves have goldeyes, only the males do. My female nelf has blue/white eyes, as do most if not all the other female models. I'm sure they could edit the color or shade of gold to fit the belfs properly as the color the male night elves use looks more like a soft orange imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Way before the discussions about high elves in the alliance, back in the end of The Burning Crusade, when the essence of a Na'aru was used by Velen to reignite the Sunwell, giving light as an option to fel energies, for the dependency of arcane energy withdrawal, people have been discussing about the green glow on the eyes of Blood Elves.

With another chapter in their story closing soon, and this whole elves in Alliance discussion I would like to bring it back this minor cosmetic discussion.

How you people would feel with Blood Elves reflecting the change in the Sunwell?
    Excuse me but dont Elves had sky blue eyes? Hight Elves have sky-blue eyes

Nah, the combination of crimson red and fel green works nicely.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.