Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp was amazing; the full scale war attitude of it, the vehicle combat, the RP-GGs flying overhead, the huge mobilization... as I said, amazing. There were two of us that would always lead Wintergrasp... I would command things up North, and the other individual would head the forces taking down towers... it was great. Having a set server with a level of continuity and community about it meant that people would respond and listen to people they knew could competently command. I actually had people say as much in post-battle Wintergrasp chat.

I spent so much time there, I got 48,000 kills in Wintergrasp alone.

Tol Barad on the other hand... I don't miss. No real strategy, no way to gain actual footholds in victory (other than time with the towers...) Honestly, they should have just taken WG layout, made it look tol-barad-y, stuck it in Cataclysm and called it a day.

It's somewhat of a shame that they don't have a similar area in MoP.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Actually been doing those quite frequently lately. Tuned to 90 and folks have been showing up. Been fun

I miss PvP in general. I think they added so much grind, and lot of people just went "meh" and have dropped PvP entirely.

Wintergrasp was great when it was the thing to do. Epic battles, and so many HKs...
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

No not really, I find having to do the battles a complete chore. It was especially annoying if you'd been waiting hours to do VoA/BH only to find that your team lost and you'd have to wait a couple of hours for the next battle hoping that your faction would win so you could do the raid...

The one thing I do miss about them though was they were a pretty good source of honor... I really hated TB. I found that battle frustrating. WG was far more fun even though I barely did either

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Wintergrasp was amazing; the full scale war attitude of it, the vehicle combat, the RP-GGs flying overhead, the huge mobilization... as I said, amazing. There were two of us that would always lead Wintergrasp... I would command things up North, and the other individual would head the forces taking down towers... it was great. Having a set server with a level of continuity and community about it meant that people would respond and listen to people they knew could competently command. I actually had people say as much in post-battle Wintergrasp chat.

I spent so much time there, I got 48,000 kills in Wintergrasp alone.

Tol Barad on the other hand... I don't miss. No real strategy, no way to gain actual footholds in victory (other than time with the towers...) Honestly, they should have just taken WG layout, made it look tol-barad-y, stuck it in Cataclysm and called it a day.

It's somewhat of a shame that they don't have a similar area in MoP.
    100% agree. Also I remember Wotlk and so Wintergrasp launching in beta just a few weeks after Warhammer, the supposed ultimate pvp game ...

I remember a few people discussing War in front of the stores and how they were underwhelmed with the siege techniques in War (minute long static bashing on a door), I told them Wintergrasp was launched on the PTR a few days earlier ...

Needless to say Wintergrasp was epic back then, even with the huge lag at launch. I think Wintergrasp was a huge contributor on that epic feeling WotlK had at the start.

The best Wintergrasp battles were later on though, when they balanced it to 120\120 people fighting.

It was one of the very few achievements I was proud of, along with justicar and some minor PvP titles.

Wintergrasp was certainly one of the high points in the history of WoW for me.

Definitely miss WG. TB was horrible.

Deleted
    5.2 will allow pvp players to pvp their way through the thunder king isle dailies.
    which is nice for the ppl who enjoy world pvp. i myself probally just stick too the pve ones and prehaps seldom do pvp.