Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post [Mistweaver] Theorycraft Spreadsheet

5.2 Ready!

Alright, the spreadsheet is finally out of WIP condition - everything is working and now I'm bored out my tits so I'm going to write/narrate a quick walk through on how it works. I'd like to start off by asking if you notice anything that's broken, any mistakes, or anything plain fucking wrong because I'm an idiot either post here, PM, or add my battletag I've included and spam me. I'll be happy to help and accommodate any changes that are for the improvement of the spreadsheet as a whole. Any personal modifications you make for something I've not deemed worth cluttering the spreadsheet with are totally your problem, and it's completely down to whether I'm in a good mood or not if I help you with it

Now to get the spreadsheet actually operational for yourself, you will need to do this first;

Making a copy is an obligatory security feature so that you assholes out there can't fuck this up for others, I apologize for the 20 seconds or so of your life this wastes but you can blame people for it. You cannot download for excel, it makes gratuitous use of third party and custom google scripts made specifically for this sheet!

Once you have your own copy of the spreadsheet you'll notice there's more than one page to it, these are those pages;

Below you'll find a textual summary of what each sheet actually is and what it does and maybe a youtube video to accompany it if my shit internet decides to upload it some time this decade.

Main
    This is the engine of the spreadsheet, everything you input is used to generate the bare basic statistics the spreadsheet needs for calculations. I spent ages trying to create a script to import your character from the armory, so you don't have to go through the boring bullshit of typing all your stats in like you're some kind of animal. (You're welcome).

Youtube.

ReM Graph
    For people out there who don't get a lot from numbers past a>b, this sheet is here to help you visualize how haste interacts with Renewing Mist and how it can actually be detrimental to be at certain haste values.

Youtube.

Healing
    A bunch of statistics about your spells, including options for AoE targets, Uplift targets, and emulation of the T15 2p set bonus.

Youtube.

Mastery: Gift of the Serpent
    A sheet dedicated to valuing our mastery, you can input your "success rate" here which is basically a scale of 0 to 100 on how much drool your peers get on their keyboards while trying to pick up your orbs in a raid. I've included an inverse relationship with the new mastery proc in 5.2 when a ball isn't picked up, basically the more orbs your raid picks up the less will explode on them.

Youtube.

Stat Weightings
    Suggestions for stat weighting, including a spell table so you can see a more detailed analysis instead of an average.

Youtube.

Eminence
    Measures your sick dps!!!!

Youtube.

Trinket Ratings
    Ranking of trinkets based on their MP5. Pretty straightforward.

Click header graphic for the spreadsheet!
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-02-19 at 06:30 PM.

Neat.

Very good work, well done

Now to nuke you if an error is found

15+ Year Old Account
    Your formula in Main!C16 is wrong... I think you want to do IF(B16 = 12345, x, IF(...)). You have IF(12345, x, IF(...)) which will always give x. I suggest providing a link to some discussion on why the crit metas are better, so people using the spreadsheet can read more and understand the difference.

Also, you might want to add a section like:

Your Version: 5.2
    Current Version: IMPORTRANGE(...) // Import from the original spreadsheet that you control

This way anyone who copies it will automatically know if it's been updated (check out this spreadsheet for an example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TEJ5d1E#gid=17)

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:09 AM ----------

Cell H10 (Critical Strike raw value) looks wrong. I'm just comparing your stats and mine, and you should have way higher crit from gear, but mine shows about equal. It appears to be reading from the haste gear cell instead of the crit gear cell. (The %value cell looks right).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Your formula in Main!C16 is wrong... I think you want to do IF(B16 = 12345, x, IF(...)). You have IF(12345, x, IF(...)) which will always give x. I suggest providing a link to some discussion on why the crit metas are better, so people using the spreadsheet can read more and understand the difference.

Also, you might want to add a section like:

Your Version: 5.2
    Current Version: IMPORTRANGE(...) // Import from the original spreadsheet that you control

This way anyone who copies it will automatically know if it's been updated (check out this spreadsheet for an example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TEJ5d1E#gid=17)

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:09 AM ----------

Cell H10 (Critical Strike raw value) looks wrong. I'm just comparing your stats and mine, and you should have way higher crit from gear, but mine shows about equal. It appears to be reading from the haste gear cell instead of the crit gear cell. (The %value cell looks right).
    Thank you very much, fixed the meta problem and will add a hyperlink in when I find a relevant discussion (or create one myself). Will try to give import range a go. I was indeed referencing the haste cell also, that column is there purely so people can see what their buffed values are in terms of raw stats.

Also, added the new changes from the recent build to the sheet.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might want to put the call to the custom function wow(toon,realm,region) on your 'Ignore This Sheet' sheet and then have the cells on Main reference the appropriate cells on that sheet. This way no one accidentally presses Ctrl-Shift-E and breaks their sheet, plus you get rid of the ugly warning and note. You can use TRANSPOSE() to make the results go vertical rather than horizontal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:37 AM ----------

Also, since your little metagem comment made me rethink my meta... does your sheet cover T14 set bonuses? I don't seem to see any info on them returned from the wow() function or place to enter it, so I guess not.

(Off topic: Are the bonuses worth it? I'm asking because I have a 509 hat in my bags and a 504 T14 helm on my head. I'm wondering if I should dump the set bonuses and put on the 509 hat rather than regem my 504 tier helm.)

P.S. Really awesome sheet.

Deleted
    The 2pc is hard to give a value to since it entirely depends on how often you use your Surging Mist and on any fight where it's sort of dependable you'll use it a lot mana usually isn't an issue (Think tsulong, gara'jal maybe.) I can add something in for the 4pc though in 2 minutes now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 06:52 PM ----------

Oh and importrange is added, that's a pretty useful function, cheers.

C14 =B13/60000 shouldn't it be =B14/60000?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentain View Post
    C14 =B13/60000 shouldn't it be =B14/60000?
    Yep, must have caused something to misreference cells that's both of the crit calcs now :X

Trinkets 'D' Column inconsistant, rows 4 and 5 reference correct !main cells, try something like $B$28 and $B$29..

Cmon guys, there was a pretty big topic just to cover the meta gems. :P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19974078

Basically, even if you're picking the EPD for mp5 it has a lower mp5 value than RPD even in a best case scenario where you can use 2 mana tea stacks on CD with the glyph. I haven't checked this when using Ascension D:

If we consider that with roughly 25% crit and an encounter where we use uplift regularly, around 42% of our throughput is comprised by critical heals and the extra 3% critical effect adds around almost 2% to your throughput. Not bad I'd say :P

Hmm seems i cant copy the spreedsheet to me

15+ Year Old Account
    @zonde: Hmm.. damn, I always saw the numbers quoted with the 2% of max mana as spirit regen. I didn't realize it was only 2% of base mana. I definitely need to regem tonight. I'm thinking I'll drop the T14 set bonus in favor of gear with higher stats and see how that goes. I'll need to do some rough maths for Tsulong... although I suppose it doesn't matter much unless we start doing heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Hmm seems i cant copy the spreedsheet to me
    What problem are you having? Are you logged into your Google (Gmail) account?

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Cmon guys, there was a pretty big topic just to cover the meta gems. :P

-link-
    I just went and read it, the thing that stood out to me was how 2+2!=5, my mind immediately went to 5=round(round(2.4)+round(2.4))...

also.. why does the original post repeatedly say youtube?

Deleted
    Still working on getting those up, was going to do it this morning after servicing my bike but the rear break decided to ping across the garage there now...

Reg, does the trinket section count upgraded trinkets 1/2 2/2 or is the value from it's original ilvl?
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Original ilvl, upgraded trinkets and 5.2 trinkets will be in soonish

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:16 AM ----------

The passive stats from upgraded trinkets are there though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tiny issue: The 'Warning Stat Weights Not Accurate' doesn't display if you have 1 positive and some negative stat changes. Change the COUNTIF to use "<>0" instead of ">0" and it should work correctly.

Stat weight and mastery calculations aren't taking into account eminence healing, which has a 0.2/0.1 scalar (self or xuen/statue) for mastery. Given that it's a bunch of free healing, it seems pretty significant (although perhaps less so in a few weeks ).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Tiny issue: The 'Warning Stat Weights Not Accurate' doesn't display if you have 1 positive and some negative stat changes. Change the COUNTIF to use "<>0" instead of ">0" and it should work correctly.

Stat weight and mastery calculations aren't taking into account eminence healing, which has a 0.2/0.1 scalar (self or xuen/statue) for mastery. Given that it's a bunch of free healing, it seems pretty significant (although perhaps less so in a few weeks ).
    Fixed the former, will get to work on the latter in a few minutes.

Hey Reglitch, I was curious as to what kind of HPM value uplift would have with a 24k mana cost to jab, but it seems that your jab value on the Eminence tab isn't reflected for the entire spreadsheet. I know it should be a static value but with all these changes, I'd say you could simply have an optional box where you can introduce say an average cost for generating chi, which won't be equal to the cost of jab in practice.

Also, Chi Burst's coefficient for 5.2 is 1.2, base value is 1095 and not 1094 XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Hey Reglitch, I was curious as to what kind of HPM value uplift would have with a 24k mana cost to jab, but it seems that your jab value on the Eminence tab isn't reflected for the entire spreadsheet. I know it should be a static value but with all these changes, I'd say you could simply have an optional box where you can introduce say an average cost for generating chi, which won't be equal to the cost of jab in practice.

Also, Chi Burst's coefficient for 5.2 is 1.2, base value is 1095 and not 1094 XD
    Jab's value is used for HPM calculations on Chi spells in the healing page. Including Chi though it's about 15.70 for me. Those multiples of 1.2 to my knowledge weren't real buffs, but tooltip fixes display the correct value taking into account SotWS.