Diablo 3 Nominated for 2 BAFTA Awards, ProzaicMuze Guides Update, Auriel Fan Art
Patch 5.2 - Troves of the Thunder King
Patch 5.2 makes use of solo scenarios for several storytelling purposes, but one of the scenarios is purely to give you loot! To enter the scenario, you need to acquire a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen. This key drops very rarely from mobs on the Isle of Thunder, more often from rare spawns on the Isle of Thunder, and in the rare spawn chests that appear on the isle.
Once inside, you can purchase various items for one to three Elder Charms to make the scenario easier. These allow you to do things like sleep a target for 25 seconds, walk on water and over tile traps, open a single locked gate, distract or trap a mob, and a quick forward jump. Most of these items require a reputation level higher than friendly, so you will want to earn reputation with the new daily quest factions to take advantage of these items.
When you are ready you can speak to Taoshi to begin. Once the doors open, you have five minutes to loot as many chests as you can. The only thing standing in your way are hostile NPCs, doors locked by levers, and lots of traps. There are columns of lightning that slow you down and cause damage, spiders that web you to the ground, tile traps on the floor that will stun, throw, or damage you, statues that will stun and damage you, or sentries that will damage you.
The hostile NPCs consist of patrolling trolls, lions that wake up when you enter combat near them, and a final boss. The final boss is carrying one of the Golden Treasure Chests and guarding three others.
While looting the chests, you will come across the smaller Mogu Treasure Chests that contain 5-10 gold, Mote of Harmony, Spirit of Harmony, Shan'ze Ritual Stones, Elder Charm of Good Fortune, a Tattered Historical Parchments, and Burial Trove Keys.
The chest you are really interested in are the Golden Treasure Chests, as they contain greater amounts of the items from the other chest, as well as higher drop rates and more gold.
After the five minutes has elapsed, Taoshi pulls you out to a safe room with several of Lei Shen's Burial Troves, which require the Burial Trove Key to open. Inside these chests you will find the same loot as the previous chests, but even more of it, along with 10 Justice Points and roughly 60 gold.
One well executed run can earn several hundred gold, 10+ Elder Charms, some Shan'ze Ritual Stones, 20-30+ Tattered Historical Parchments, and many Motes and Spirit of Harmony. It is unlikey you will earn this much on your first few runs, as it takes time to learn where all of the chests are.
Patch 5.2 - Ra-den's Room Updated
Throne of Thunder has received some significant improvements since we last previewed it (Indoor / Outdoor). One of the bigger changes is the improvement made to Ra-den's room.
Patch 5.2 Official Notes Updated
The Chinese Battle.Net site had their Patch 5.2 notes updated, so the US and EU should be updating soon as well. Thanks to ngacnlcq for the translation! Keep in mind that this may not be perfectly accurate, so should be regarded as a preview of what is to come, not fact.
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionGeneral
- Take Over The Farm (was Buy The Farm)
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now
purchase the landfrom Farmer Yoon.
- Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Glyph of Evocation now causes mages with Invocation talent to gain 10% of your health (was 20%) upon completing an Evocation.
- Arcane Blast damage reduced by 22.2%.
- Arcane Missile damage reduced by 22.2%.
- Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 13.6%.
- Frostbolt now deals more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent Frostbolt damage.
- Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Chi Wave now does 100% more damage, and no longer costs Chi, but now has a 15 second cooldown.
- Zen Sphere now has a limit of 2 (was 1), detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Zen Sphere is dispelled, and no longer costs Chi.
- Chi Burst now does more damage and , no longer costs Chi, and has a 30 second cooldown.
- Jab now costs (was 4%) of base mana to use.
- Glyphed Uplift now costs 8% (was 6.6%) of base mana.
- Teachings of the Monastery now provides additional benefits.
- Tiger Palm damage increased by 100%
and restores 1% of max mana.
- Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Seal of Justice now causes melee attacks to do 20% (was 16%) more holy damage.
- The 2-piece PvP set bonus now provides 1000 PVP Power (was 800).
- The 4-piece PvP set bonus redesigned and now reduced Avenging Wrath's cooldown by 65 seconds.
- Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Power Word: Solace has been replaced with a new talent: Solace & Insanity
- For Holy and Discipline, Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage, and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.
- Power Infusion now also causes priest to deal 10% more damage, other effects remain unchanged.
- Mastery: Shield Discipline now also increases healing of all healing spells, but the bonus it provides reduced by 36%.
- The range of Penance is 40 yards to both friendly targets and enemies (was 40 yards to friendly targets and 30 yards to enemies).
- Spirit Shell
Spirit Shell no longer benefits from Mastery, and now properly includes the benefits of Divine Aegis and critical effect chance.
- Divine Aegis
Divine Aegis is no longer guaranteed when Prayer of Healing is cast. The effect now activates when the spell crits.
- Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Overpower now costs 10 rage,
- Sudden Death now
has a 25% chance to activate from Overpowerhas a instead of a 20% chance to activate from auto attacks . In addition, using Execute makes Overpower free for 10 seconds.
- Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Lava Burst base damage reduced by 33%, but now always crits. It does 50% more damage to the targets that affected by Flame Shock.
- Ancestral Guidance now copies 60% (was 40%) of the healing.
- Conductivity now shares healing equal to 30% (was 20%) of the initial healing.
Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- The bags gained via LFR now have a chance to contain bonus rewards, including consumables, Spirit of Harmony, rare pets or mounts, and greens and blues that drop in normal and heroic mode.
- Added a new Elder Charm called Mogu Rune of Fate. Mogu Rune of Fate can be used in the new content to provide bonus loot chance for Throne of Thunder, Nalak the Storm Lord, and Oondasta. Mogu Runes of Fate can be purchased with Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. Elder Charms of Good Fortune will still apply to Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, the Sha of Anger, and Salyis' Warband (Galleon).
- The cap of Elder Charms of Good Fortune each character can have increased to 20 (was 10).
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
StarCraft Universe - Open Beta
StarCraft Universe is a fan created Starcraft II mod that aims to create a MMO-RPG style game within Starcraft. It takes place in an alternate timeline, 11 years after the events which transpire in the 'In Utter Darkness scenario of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty campaign. Currently a small single player portion has been released for testing, but a multiplayer version will be coming in the future.