Thread: Is this a joke?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Keyboard Turner abandonctrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    hollister,california
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    What is the reason for this

    Frost
    Frostbolt now deals 52% more damage,

    it already critted 80k ?!
    what the hell

  2. #22
    believe it or not this is a PVE game and sometimes they buff a spell or spec thats not doing well in PVE. now for the PVP QQ babies. they have this stat called resilience and it does this magical thing ... it reduces the damage you take :O wow. glad we had this talk, have a nice day.

    -Don't even begin to try and start a PvE vs PvP importance argument. Infracted.
    Last edited by Obelodalix; 2013-02-19 at 06:52 PM.

  3. #23
    Frostbolt was kinda wimpy. Very little of a frost mage's damage actually came from frostbolt. This might change that fact.

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    5,375
    Wow, frostbolt will be worth casting. It sucks to finish cast on frostbolt just to do less damage than ice lance
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  5. #25
    I agree with the buff as long as they take a bit from fostfire bolt and icelance because shatters are to strong. Bomb into deep into fb/il/il/ffb = 100% of ur hp.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    mixed with 70k lances
    100k bombs
    80k frostfires

    ye man totally fair.
    ye, also im 6.2 and look like brad pitt. it doesnt matter if frostbolt gets buffed by 100%(ok it might matter A LITTLE), but in competitive play, the odds of getting a cast off are abysmal.

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    5,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    I agree with the buff as long as they take a bit from fostfire bolt and icelance because shatters are to strong. Bomb into deep into fb/il/il/ffb = 100% of ur hp.
    more like bomb into deep into INTERRUPT/can't do that while CCed
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #28
    Im OK with this if they nerf icelance to the ground.

  9. #29
    If this means that they will plant their feet into the ground thats good EVen if it's a damage buff, the less they move while doing damage is better. Combine this with the pressure teams put on the mage when facing them, it can be something really good.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Im OK with this if they nerf icelance to the ground.
    Me too.

    It's funny because GC posted that 5.2 pvp would be a lot more balanced because the biggest culprits, which according to him were warriors, hunters and frost mages, all got nerfed. Except mages didn't get nerfed...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    462
    Theyre prolly just buffing things with cast-time before they nerf mages instants. I havent really been able to interrupt any frost mage ability lately, im either out of freedom cds in a nova, or they plain just never seem to cast anything, maybe polymorph now and then?

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    415
    Where's my 52% more Pyro dmg buff

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I'd like to see DRs on interrupts(unless there is one and I don't know about it). A competent cleave team with a good healer can interrupt one person for 12/15 seconds. When you add stuns that person is out of the fight without a complete immunity of some sort.
    Interrupts do have DR. A target can theoretically become immune to interrupts. In practice, it hardly ever seems to happen due to the other forms of control to mix in. But that is a different issue entirely...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 04:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Me too.

    It's funny because GC posted that 5.2 pvp would be a lot more balanced because the biggest culprits, which according to him were warriors, hunters and frost mages, all got nerfed. Except mages didn't get nerfed...
    Yeah, still waiting on the mage nerfs to roll out myself.

  14. #34
    Mages rarely ever get nerfed and if they do Fr. Blizzard doesn't ever ever ever nerf them to the extent that Hunters and Locks got nerfed around patch 5.1.

  15. #35
    Brewmaster Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Me too.

    It's funny because GC posted that 5.2 pvp would be a lot more balanced because the biggest culprits, which according to him were warriors, hunters and frost mages, all got nerfed. Except mages didn't get nerfed...
    Nerfing icelance "into the ground" would destroy Frost PvE.

    The stacking FB debuff was a good mechanic... it should have stayed with a longer duration so it was a bit more forgiving in high movement fights.

    As a Frost Mage pvp main, this buff is welcome but totally not necessary.
    Blue text indicates sarcasm or joking.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    434
    At the PTR mages have way more heavy burst then they have had this season. They can, and will, get you down to 20% in one deep if you dont have trinket/get dispell. Its insane how insane they are at the PTR now. I dont know why or if they got any other buffs at all, but there is something. Lets hope it doesnt reach it to live, but knowing blizzard I think it will. Playing a mage myself I think its just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2013-02-20 at 10:55 AM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    What is the reason for this

    Frost
    Frostbolt now deals 52% more damage,

    it already critted 80k ?!

    Blizzard playes mages.thats why u shoudnt,its for naabs

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 03:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    At the PTR mages have way more heavy burst then they have had this season. They can, and will, get you down to 20% in one deep if you dont have trinket/get dispell. Its insane how insane they are at the PTR now. I dont know why or if they got any other buffs at all, but there is something. Lets hope it doesnt reach it to live, but knowing blizzard I think it will. Playing a mage myself I think its just ridiculous.
    A honest mage.Then again,im afraid blizzard devs doesnt care about that,u know its "cool" to blast ppl in one shot..:S
    Ive seen them on PTR poping everything,running away,and just burst far way so people cant even reach them while suffer insane damage.Maybe its time to find another game.
    Last edited by Hypoxia; 2013-02-20 at 03:37 AM.

  18. #38
    The real joke is all the dk buffs they just posted. GL surviving more than 10 seconds against a dk as any class.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Ha,

    Well, you see a lot of Locks playing Demo for the same reason, it's mostly instant cast, so it's easier to put out damage consistently.

    I'll stick with my lock though, I HATE my mage.
    Demo locks have no hardcounter in pvp. A well played demo can win any 1v1 against any class. Mages...not so much. As mage expect to have your ass handed back to you by any non-retarded hunter, as well as feral druids and ww monks who are not clueless.

  20. #40
    [QUOTE=Redlikemyrage;20272658]Interrupts do have DR. A target can theoretically become immune to interrupts. In practice, it hardly ever seems to happen due to the other forms of control to mix in. But that is a different issue entirely...[COLOR="red"]

    /QUOTE]

    Cool, well, didn't know that. But yeah, i've still been locked for entire fights. We're learning to deal with it, but it's rough. I LIKE casting, but it's tough. With the recent demo buffs I might go to that in 5.2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •