Thread: Is this a joke?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    The real joke is all the dk buffs they just posted. GL surviving more than 10 seconds against a dk as any class.
    No worries, their survivability wasn't buffed, so once their ams is on cd, it's a free hk. As mage it's even easier, just IB during his shell and then kick his ass.

Deleted
    I'm just curious, so I have to ask: how are you people still playing this shit? No seriously, years ago when I quit mages were OP to hell. Every time I log here I see threads about how op they (and usually ferals, but it's not the discussion here) still are. So Blizzard doesn't do anything for literary YEARS now. And you people keep eating this. Why do you hate yourself so much?

Infracted. Post constructively and don't troll
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-20 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrom View Post
    I'm just curious, so I have to ask: how are you people still playing this shit? No seriously, years ago when I quit mages were OP to hell. Every time I log here I see threads about how op they (and usually ferals, but it's not the discussion here) still are. So Blizzard doesn't do anything for literary YEARS now. And you people keep eating this. Why do you hate yourself so much?
    Well because even with its shit balance and 8 years of age, WoW is a shining beacon high above the pile of garbage that the current video game market is and still the only MMO worth a dime, not because its awesome but because the competition sucks major donkey ass.

i have been waiting and wondering when this thread was going to show up lol. On its own its not game breaking but seeing as how mages have gotten along this season just fine with lance spam and frostbombs and giving them another way to deal good damage at the sacrifice of nothing is kind of crazy. If you want mages to cast more, sure buff frostbolt but y not nerf instants a little. Watching venruki stream rmp on 5.2 ptr and all i can do is shake my head. If your not running rmp good luck

what is the verdict on blazing speed vs blink.
    Last edited by Mr. Casual; 2013-02-21 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    It's ridiculous how biased you mages actually are... Yes the Frostbolt alone might've dealt a certain amount of damage, however that it's completely irrelevant because you're pressure outside CC consists of burst. Time a shatter togather with the detonation of a frost bomb and your target will definitely be under 50 %. Follow that with Ice Lance procs and they're done.
    You seem to have missed the Frost Bomb and Fingers of Frost changes. It will take a decent level of timing to get this sort of combo off; and after all, isn't PvP supposed to be about 'skill'?

Ignoring the fact that outside of Deep Freeze Mages are relatively middling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    mages whine so hard when they get a nerf so they revert it cos ghostcrawler plays a mage so thats why mages are never fucking nerfed mages have no grounds to whine and bitch when they ahve been gods of PVP and cc for years. tbh they should bring back cast times to casters thats why you are called A CASTER yet most of em have so many instant spells they dnt cast shit

Deleted
    they needed this change to they actually have to cast again

Quote Originally Posted by Nindayse View Post
    What stops them from doing all the damage from the instants they are currently doing. Its already really high, this change only forces people to sit mage or else risk getting 1 shot in a frostbolt shatter.

I'm pretty sure 2 ice lance is equivalent to the buffed version of frost bolt so there still isn't a need to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by General Specific View Post
    No worries, their survivability wasn't buffed, so once their ams is on cd, it's a free hk. As mage it's even easier, just IB during his shell and then kick his ass.
    LOL u cant put a blood dk in PTR with 30 percent health.its impossible.

Deleted
    because its weak as hell, even with the stacking debuff it gives on live, please pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindayse View Post
    Yes, mages needed more burst

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    wohoo, 80k from a cast you can interrupt and whatever.....read the entire thing, Cpt.Moron, really. The Frostbolt did more dmg over time, because every cast did a debuff on the target, which is gone.

Infracted. Don't flame

Come at me bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Yes, mages needed more burst
    Examining numbers in a vacuum is both misleading and counterproductive - what buffs did that mage have, what gear was/were he/you rocking, what debuffs were you exposed to, etc. etc.

Those numbers mean absolutely nothing given no context.

Be clinical about this - I now may be duped into casting frostbolt, and all my opponents know this. Therefore, my prediction is that a lot more of us will be trying to juke cast again (remember those days?) to insure we're not spell locked (no competent frost mage is going to risk being locked out of his spells just because they buff one element of our toolkit) while attempting to cast a frostbolt.

I've watched a few mages' streams on the PTR and I still see huge amounts of pressure on mages in arenas (i.e. contrary to popular belief, frostbolt spam wasn't as prevalent as most people are claiming).

Again, the sky is not falling...

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    wohoo, 80k from a cast you can interrupt and whatever.....read the entire thing, Cpt.Moron, really. The Frostbolt did more dmg over time, because every cast did a debuff on the target, which is gone.
    the whole 'you can interrupt it' is kinda pointless (though I agree with most spells being instant these days everything that has a casttime deserves mentioning) - since no matter what you can't rely on interrupting every single one of the casts it doesn't really help the argument

10+ Year Old Account
    It's being fixed, this topic is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    Frostbolt already critted 80k ?!
    If only this happened in all pvp scenario....but, unfortunately, it does not. If I get a 50k ( on a good gear) target, I would give a party in blizz's honor. I'm full 2/2 malev t2 btw, with @ 11k mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You seem to have missed the Frost Bomb and Fingers of Frost changes. It will take a decent level of timing to get this sort of combo off; and after all, isn't PvP supposed to be about 'skill'?

Ignoring the fact that outside of Deep Freeze Mages are relatively middling.
    i actually dont mind the f-bomb burst.. problem is mages have an easy option out with tempest. still stupid dmg with little skill.

my main is was mage.. makes me sick to see baddies being carried by tempest procs. not even fun to play with thats why i dont play the toon this xpac.

all tha said... hunters should scare you all more. what a joke class that is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    What is the reason for this
    Developers who don't really care about PvP.
    Hi