Thread: Arenas 1v1

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arenas 1v1

Hey people, the reason I made this post is that sometimes I get the feeling I want to duel someone in the arena not outside the cities, I want the same cc's durations and it's more fun in the arena than outside.
    By 1v1 you dont have to depend on a partner or to look for one when you want to make your CP cap. (I bet some of you think the same)
    I consider that it would be an idea for wow pvp.
    And yes, I agree with 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 also because you work as a team against the enemies but what if you want to duel an enemy by yourself in a special environment.

15+ Year Old Account
    1v1 arenas won't ever be implemented because of the imbalance of classes and we all know that game isn't balanced around duels.

Second, if you want 1v1 arenas, you can organize wargames with 2 more players and have them leave as soon as battle starts so you and your competitor are the only ones left. You got yourself arena rules in arena environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Second, if you want 1v1 arenas, you can organize wargames with 2 more players and have them leave as soon as battle starts so you and your competitor are the only ones left. You got yourself arena rules in arena environment.
    This is the answer you're looking for.

I don't think they'll ever implement 'arena duels' because of people just using it for CD resetting.

I really like the idea of 1v1 arena, even being able to earn cp points from victories as well as getting rating for it, 2v2 is not even balanced, the pvp in general is always unbalanced so that's not a good argument. This is something I would probably play more than 2v2 or 3v3. It's an awesome idea

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd enjoy the game a lot more if there was more 1v1 PvP. I really can't stand ALWAYS having to rely on my teammates to not fail epicly.

I know the wargames trick but i meant especially the 1v1 duel, not depending on someone and yes, pvp is unbalanced. Someday maybe this will be fixed, more or less xD

Quote Originally Posted by bladecris View Post
    I know the wargames trick but i meant especially the 1v1 duel, not depending on someone and yes, pvp is unbalanced. Someday maybe this will be fixed, more or less xD
    The wargames trick is a really bad work-a-round. Organsing two groups then asking the others to "afk" so you can 1v1 :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    1v1 arenas won't ever be implemented because of the imbalance of classes and we all know that game isn't balanced around duels.

So...

1v1 would not go, beucase the game isnt balanced around duels.

But the game is balanced around 2v2? Please.

Arena will forever be FoTM's game.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    This is the answer you're looking for.

I don't think they'll ever implement 'arena duels' because of people just using it for CD resetting.
    And what is the issue of CD reseting exactly?

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    So...

1v1 would not go, beucase the game isnt balanced around duels.

But the game is balanced around 2v2? Please.

Arena will forever be FoTM's game.
    3v3* 10 characters

I didn't do the war games trick, I think it happened to me once to get in the arena; 1 guy to be dc'ed my guy to be afk and I did 1v1 duel. Other than that dalaran sewers and outside stormwind.

3v3 and 5v5 = chaos for many ppl

1v1 arenas arenas that provided no reward would be fine, would be about as unbalanced as 2v2.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would certainly be interesting. 2v2 isn´t balanced and it´s around aswell.

There is a reason why this shouldn't be implemented, it is added work on already overworked people. The devs are currently busy balancing pvp(for the first time in a long time) they are finally putting forward the effort into bringing back wow into MLG and major e-sports titles this is however alot more work than it used to be(TBC/WoTLK number of spells and mechanics was a lot lower than what the game has now, and the metagame has shifted) therefore as they are balancing 3v3 brackets they cannot afford time to re-implement skirmish arenas which are sought after by the community whereas implementing the servers to support 1v1 ques costs both money and time(Valuable dev time aswell) the likeliness of it showing up on this platform are none.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

I wouldn't mind the idea, but it shouldn't be something you could get conquest for.
    It would simply be too fast. Even now 2v2 can be pretty fast, but 1v1, and you can get capped in 30 minutes. Considered you have a strong class, obviously.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

1v1 could be fun if:

- You could queue as any class spec that exists on any character (ex: Balance Druid queues as Affliction Warlock)
    - Tanks and Healers excluded from the above
    - Classes unlocked with seperate victory points, and the ability to set up your other bars through a special tab in the pvp window
    - Gear was equalized on entering the arena
    - Victory was based on best 2 of 3 rounds
    - Powerups around the arena to make it more interesting
    - Shorter cooldown on shadowsight

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I'd enjoy the game a lot more if there was more 1v1 PvP. I really can't stand ALWAYS having to rely on my teammates to not fail epicly.
    then healers would be pointless and 3's would all be triple dps
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    1v1 arena would be really funny to play but the whining would go up by like 5000%.

Deleted
    Some classes would be over the top while some would not even see play. Which they do in bigger environments, contrary to forum beliefs.

yea....no, most classes would need to be redesign/worked because we all no hunter/mages are 1v1 gods

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    And what is the issue of CD reseting exactly?
    If I remember right, they didn't want raiders to have to come out of a raid and all duel each other to reset CDs to clear trash / bosses faster. I don't have a source for you, but it's just what I remember them saying at one point.