Thread: Arenas 1v1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    then healers would be pointless and 3's would all be triple dps
    Not really, if the healer can survive 20 mins (as the limit is now) they could win by points. Let's say... more healz than the dps made on him.

And about that CD don't think it exists, you can get out reset and get back in. (or maybe I don't get your point; but anyways)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    then healers would be pointless and 3's would all be triple dps
    healing is a crutch

Yes I think they should make a 1v1 arena, but they should make it so that you only fight your own class... so it would be priest vs priest or rogue vs rogue.

I would love 1on1 arena, this was always the reason I mentioned when I cancelled my two accounts, happened quite a few times in the past.

I just don't like to depend on other people and don't know what's so much fun about it. I like to play with and against others, but I do not want to directly depend on them. That's a horrible feeling. If I wake up at like 2 AM in the morning and I want to play arena, it should be instantly possible. 1on1 would do it.

Class imbalance? It exists everywhere in PvP, BGs, 2on2, 3on3 and so on. 1on1 would only present you a CLEAR list where you can see class and spec ranking. This is not presented in 2on2 and 3on3 as there are more variables. This is the problem, a clear ranking list would cause too much crying and shitstorms, and that's what blizz doesn't want.

But anyway, IF I read the patchnotes correctly, 2on2 is fully competitive again, as rating requirements are being dropped. Good thing, never gonna do 3on3 again. I hope they don't come up with some other BS idea to take out 2on2 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    1v1 arenas won't ever be implemented because of the imbalance of classes and we all know that game isn't balanced around duels.
    This, it could never be taken seriously as you could simply roll healer and just outlast the DPS depending on arena map setup. That said buffs could be provided for healers to be able to go more offensive and DPS to have a heal (spread across the small MAP like the invisibility buffs in current arenas).

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2v2 is bad enough. 1v1 would increase the microscope on PvP balance tenfold. It would be extremely destructive to the game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abandonctrl View Post
    healing is a crutch
    Until you face a team like Rdruid/Mage/Spriest... good luck killing anyone on that comp as triple dps
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see this happening, but as everyone else said, it's not that the game is only balanced around 3v3. It's mostly because the difference between classes in 1v1 is way too huge. And by difference I mean, there are some overpowered classes and some underpowered ones.

in a perfect world it would be awesome, but in wow it would be awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should have wargames work 1v1 while not in a group.

Yes, 2v2 might be a little better but don't get your hopes up. If you get a holy pally and a war (or smth else) prepare to have a loooong fight.