1. #1

    Should combat mode be an ingame option?

    Should arenanet make its own combat mode option in game? Personally, I stopped playing the game for months and months, but since getting combat mode I've actually logged back in lol. I am terrified that an update is going to break combat mode and then I won't have fun playing until its fixed. What do you guys think?
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  2. #2
    High Overlord kuruptz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Should arenanet make its own combat mode option in game? Personally, I stopped playing the game for months and months, but since getting combat mode I've actually logged back in lol. I am terrified that an update is going to break combat mode and then I won't have fun playing until its fixed. What do you guys think?
    would be awesome if they put the option ingame

    but i dont think an update will block it...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    but i dont think an update will block it...
    Ah. okay, good. lol.

    I was reading some comments about it not working and freaked out a little. For me its the line between fun and not >_<
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    What's combat mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    What's combat mode?
    As far as I know it's a third-party program that modifies the game so that you have a targeting rectacle and it hides any lockon interface. Basically it turns the game in to a FPS where you have to aim and stuff.

    While mostly game mods are strictly forbidden, this one has been addressed by mods who said it was not.
    Still bitter.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    As far as I know it's a third-party program that modifies the game so that you have a targeting rectacle and it hides any lockon interface. Basically it turns the game in to a FPS where you have to aim and stuff.

    While mostly game mods are strictly forbidden, this one has been addressed by mods who said it was not.
    Not FPS, TPS.

    It makes it play more like Tera with less action locking.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Not FPS, TPS.

    It makes it play more like Tera with less action locking.
    Can you link or PM me a link to where i can download this? I'm intrigued!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  8. #8
    After looking up a video I really really want this implemented into the game. Quick question, comments in the video said that you need to play in windowed fullscreen. Is this true? If so I won't be using it until it's implemented if it is implemented. No Crossfire=quite a drop in framerates for my rig.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Can you link or PM me a link to where i can download this? I'm intrigued!


    And the link is the in the description http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tjK5OI2oAQ
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post


    And the link is the in the description http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tjK5OI2oAQ
    That looks freaking amazing, so it's 100% ok with Anet right?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    That looks freaking amazing, so it's 100% ok with Anet right?
    Yep. They are like, "well, it makes the game harder not easier... so... okay"
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yep. They are like, "well, it makes the game harder not easier... so... okay"
    Do you have a source? (If its in one of the states of the game just say so, because it sounds familiar.) sorry, I just wanna make sure they're cool with it xD don't wanna get banned and all!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  13. #13
    Durz click through stuff and you'll discover your answer fairly easily.
    http://i.imgur.com/VH0Nf.png

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Durz click through stuff and you'll discover your answer fairly easily.
    http://i.imgur.com/VH0Nf.png
    Kinda hard to do when you have little time to do so...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  15. #15
    It takes longer to read what I just typed than to go through the 4necesary clicks to find your answer. (if you're not using dial-up)

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It takes longer to read what I just typed than to go through the 4necesary clicks to find your answer. (if you're not using dial-up)
    Yes or I can ask on a forum in between classes and have a kind individual find the answer for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  17. #17
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,488
    Yes it should definitely. I would possibly use it but I don't really think it would be my thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •