Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm torn. I want to be there when Titan is announced, but spending 2k+ euro on it without knowing for sure that there will be news, would be horrible. I don't have the money to go again next year, if Titan isn't announced this year

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I'm torn. I want to be there when Titan is announced, but spending 2k+ euro on it without knowing for sure that there will be news, would be horrible. I don't have the money to go again next year, if Titan isn't announced this year
    Take the chance and go anyway. You'll have a blast with or without the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    what if you go Titan is announced and it totally different form what you imagined and becomes disappointing?

A blizzcon on my b-day and in the US at the same time (sadly on the wrong coast), it must be fate. I will have to attend this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

*WoW expansion
    *D3 Expansion (This will probably be announced earlier but we will get all the funny stuffs at blizzcon.)
    *SC2 Expansion
    *"Titan"
    *Blizzard All-Stars.

I really hope for news regarding Titan.
    And maybe the mention of the new WoW expansion.

But anyway, I'm excited as always. VT I'm coming

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Many people will come. No sex will be had. I see a sea of robes, capes, and cards.
    IT'S TIME TO DUEL?!

Er, wait... wrong game series.

You forget that couples and married people also come to the event. Surely -they- might have sex, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Okay, I speculate.

- WoW expansion news
    - Diablo 3 expansion news
    - SC2 expansion news
    - Project Titan reveal
    - some random PvP games of people no one ever has heard of

/end speculation
    I thought Project Titan was Bungie's "Destiny", Halo-like FPS MMO. Bungie said they will bring the game to consoles and PCs.

Titan has been rumored to be FPS MMO as well. I doubt Activision/Blizzard would have two competing FPS MMOs.

Deleted
    wish they would hold one in Europe, preferably UK so i can go D:

I really hope they don't make us wait that long to hear news about the next Warcraft expansion. It would be the longest wait yet. The emphasis so far in Mists has been on getting us content faster and keeping us engaged. If they wait until November to announce Expansion 5, I'd sincerely hope that the track to release would be much quicker that we've seen previously between announcement and launch.

Releasing the next expansion on the same timeline as Cata-->Mists (22 months total) would put the launch at July 2014. But taking the shortest time between announcement and release would put the launch at October 2014 - meaning Mists will have lasted 3 mos. longer than Cata. Ouch. Not necessarily improving the expansion cycle timeline...

BC - announced October 2005 (11 mos. after Vanilla launch), released January 2007 (15 mos. after announcement)
    Wrath - announced August 2007 (8 mos. after BC launch), released November 2008 (15 mos. after announcement)
    Cata - announced August 2009 (9 mos. after Wrath launch), released December 2010 (16 mos. after announcement)
    Mists - announced October 2011 (10 mos. after Cata released), released September 2012 (11 mos. after announcement)

**Expansion 5 - announced November 2013 (14 mos. after Mists), released October 2014 (11 mos. after announcement)**???

[Excuse any math errors above, this was done off the top of my head! Also the dates are rounded to months, instead of pinpointing # of weeks.]
    Last edited by brothernads; 2013-02-19 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    I really hope they don't make us wait that long to hear news about the next Warcraft expansion. It would be the longest wait yet. The emphasis so far in Mists has been on getting us content faster and keeping us engaged. If they wait until November to announce Expansion 5, I'd sincerely hope that the track to release would be much quicker that we've seen previously between announcement and launch.

Releasing the next expansion on the same timeline as Cata-->Mists (22 months total) would put the launch at July 2014. But taking the shortest time between announcement and release would put the launch at October 2014 - meaning Mists would have lasted 3 mos. longer than Cata. Ouch. [Excuse any math errors below, this was done off the top of my head! ]

BC - announced October 2005 (11 mos. after Vanilla launch), released January 2007 (15 mos. after announcement)
    Wrath - announced August 2007 (8 mos. after BC launch), released November 2008 (15 mos. after announcement)
    Cata - announced August 2009 (9 mos. after Wrath launch), released December 2010 (16 mos. after announcement)
    Mists - announced October 2011 (10 mos. after Cata released), released September 2012 (11 mos. after announcement)

**Expansion 5 - announced November 2013 (13 mos. after Mists), released October 2014 (11 mos. after announcement)**???
    As long as there are fluid content patches I doubt it will feel like the DS starvation. I hope^^
    But still MoP catches me everytime I log in. That wasn't with Cata. Soooooo, they've done something right, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad blizzard won't learn from Harley Davidson and GoldWing companies to have mini rallies across the whole USA in different states and Europe every year and have a Major Rally like Blizzard in different spots in the the USA....HD and GW makes tons of money from those mini rallies from selling bikes...parts...everything...it also generates jobs to others that sell tshirts...off market parts and other things....Former biker myself I attended 100's of these mini rallies across the USA both for HD and GW....yes there are clubs for each of these bikers in the states that put together rallies but main companies also back the clubs to put on the rallies....even if Blizzard just put on a few mini rallies in different states and a few over seas they could easily bring in tons of money from player base that could attend the mini rallies more easy then spending 1000's of dollars to get to Calif every dang year....

Was Blizzcon always held so late in the year? For some reason I recall it being held in June or July last time (I could very well be wrong). I can only hope that I don't have too much homework that weekend. I really want to go this year. Never been to a Con before(I'm terrified XD) I love seeing development stuff, and I'm looking forward to the fanart book. There's still a few months before I find out if I got in or not, and if I don't, I'd like to see what qualified to get in and how badly I did by comparison lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Weischbier View Post
    As long as there are fluid content patches I doubt it will feel like the DS starvation. I hope^^
    But still MoP catches me everytime I log in. That wasn't with Cata. Soooooo, they've done something right, don't you think?
    I agree...but it's almost a certainty (based on the Wrathion quests/achievements) that the next raid tier after ToT will be the Siege of Orgrimmar - the supposed "end of Mists" raid. And, I don't see them waiting beyond patch 5.4 to release it. Assuming ToT gets 8 months as current content (a somewhat generous amount), that means SoO will have to be out by November of this year.

Waiting until October 2014 to release the next expansion after SoO comes out - a wait of 11 months - would be a huge misstep in my opinion (assuming there is no Ruby Sanctum 2.0, aka filler raid).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I thought Project Titan was Bungie's "Destiny", Halo-like FPS MMO. Bungie said they will bring the game to consoles and PCs.

Titan has been rumored to be FPS MMO as well. I doubt Activision/Blizzard would have two competing FPS MMOs.
    Why not? Do you know anything of the gameplay of Titan which suggests it will not co-exist with Destiny in the market other than it might be a MMOFPS? Hell, I've never known Activision to say to themselves that they have too much of a good thing.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, I looked at the prices for hotels and it's over $100 per night plus aren't the tickets like $100 or $150? I just don't see this being worth it even though I really want to go.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    whoooowhoooooo

no but really i can't wait to see details about the next expansion, and move past pandaria. I know it's only been out not even 6 months but I'm kinda gettin burned out on it.
    i agree i guess patch 5.4 will be final pandaria patch

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's later than even I expected. Well now we know Expansion V will be revealed November 8th. Meaning the earliest we can see it release is May. Plus that'd put Blizzcon at about halfway through next tier, the perfect time to reveal the next tier...

Four tiers looking more and more confirmed.

More probably, I'm saying an August or September launch. 3 months of Alpha and 6 of beta.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-02-19 at 03:27 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Too bad blizzard won't learn from Harley Davidson and GoldWing companies to have mini rallies across the whole USA in different states and Europe every year and have a Major Rally like Blizzard in different spots in the the USA....HD and GW makes tons of money from those mini rallies from selling bikes...parts...everything...it also generates jobs to others that sell tshirts...off market parts and other things....Former biker myself I attended 100's of these mini rallies across the USA both for HD and GW....yes there are clubs for each of these bikers in the states that put together rallies but main companies also back the clubs to put on the rallies....even if Blizzard just put on a few mini rallies in different states and a few over seas they could easily bring in tons of money from player base that could attend the mini rallies more easy then spending 1000's of dollars to get to Calif every dang year....
    Would not work for Blizzcon, many many reasons why but mainly they won't be able to balance quality development on games with a quality convention. It would basically be some products in a room, a random woman dressed as a Draenai, and the artist that created the new Frog model as a special guest.

I always told myself I'd go to the next BlizzCon. Instead I lost my house and my newer living arrangements aren't stable enough to make this one. Perhaps next time...

/sigh

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice