Flat mana restore vs. spirit gain (trinket discussion)

So, upon looking at the upcoming trinket releases I see that there is less of an overall focus on regeneration stats and more of a focus on interesting usage. The two new trinkets which focus more on mana restoration use a fixed amount of mana rather than dealing with a procced spirit increase.

That said, as a whole, which is better for mana intensive situations? The Assault trinket has a three minute cooldown, while the on use Shieldwall trinket has only one. Last Grasp restores 9,350 mana at no ICD but a PPM of 1.00, while Spirits has a 105 sec. ICD and a 15% proc chance off of any healing ability.

I have upgraded both of the listed trinkets already to 504. So, that said, for regenerative purposes, which comes out on top? The math has eluded me a bit, as I'm still thinking that the older trinkets would be better served for mana intensive situations than the newer ones.

I am thinking more in the realm of usage for holy. With the changes to Rapture, I would say it is a safe bet that for discipline the new trinkets would likely come out to be better as a whole. Though any feedback on either spec is appreciated.

There was a post on the forums a few days ago that had MP5 breakdowns for priests.

I believe the flat mana return trinkets yielded higher mp5 then current tier trinkets

5.2 Disc Priest Guide | Retired(Playing Aion)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I am thinking more in the realm of usage for holy. With the changes to Rapture, I would say it is a safe bet that for discipline the new trinkets would likely come out to be better as a whole. Though any feedback on either spec is appreciated.
    Disc still scales significantly better with spirit than Holy, thus the trinkets will be better for Holy. If Rapture had a static mana return the specs would scale the same, but that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror View Post
    Disc still scales significantly better with spirit than Holy, thus the trinkets will be better for Holy. If Rapture had a static mana return the specs would scale the same, but that isn't the case.
    In 5.2, rapture won't scale with spirit procs anymore.

Interesting, Holy. I do have a tendency to "hoard" healing trinkets, anyway (by the end of Cataclysm I had 13-17 trinkets that I brought to raids), so odds are I would do a little bit of personal experimentation.

If anyone else has the link to that post, or any further feedback to offer, it is as always very much appreciated. Thank you.