Golden King xmog availability changed like elite gear?

If 2200 elite gear is being made available to everyone and their mother after repeated PvP, why isn't the challenge mode Golden King set being made available after doing repeated CMs? Same principle entirely if you think about it.

(the reason given for the change to elite gear was the stat increases were too strong, but simply removing them and leaving the 2200 appearance is clearly very difficult to do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arandombeast View Post
    If 2200 elite gear is being made available to everyone and their mother after repeated PvP, why isn't the challenge mode Golden King set being made available after doing repeated CMs? Same principle entirely if you think about it.

(the reason given for the change to elite gear was the stat increases were too strong, but simply removing them and leaving the 2200 appearance is clearly very difficult to do.)
    you are comparing 2 different things. elite gear is comparable to heroic raiding gear, not challenge mode gear. there's no challenge mode equivalent for PvP.

heroic raiding gear has always been available for the general population after the hardcore finished playing with them. I can go to ICC25H nowadays and get full Ht10 if I want to. elite PvP gear is not like that. either you get it when it's current, or you don't get it at all. opening it to people who are dedicated, even if not so much skillful, seems fair to me. the hardcore can show their ratings off or something.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

agreed with OP, after all PvP is all about gear, not about skill.... oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    10characters
    Last edited by Filfa; 2013-02-19 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Irrelevant now

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't even have to earn PVP gear at all. It's absurd that you do :x

It should all just be moggable colors that you earn via rankings.

Anyways! That's basically what the Challenge mode gear is, moggable gear you earn via rankings.

Checking Facts, no. I'm comparing one idea that's only split to two different things because one is PvE and one is PvP. They both require a certain skill level to obtain. They both are an exclusive xmog once a player achieves that skill level. Only now one takes no skill whatsoever and is made worthless. I completely agree with removing the stat increases on the elite gear 100%. With that being said, I also now see no reason to reach 2200+ anymore until the end of the season when the new inflation system is in full swing. I'll get my points from rbgs, so have fun getting face rolled by myself and players like me in the 1500-1900 brackets now that I actually won't have a reason to not play with my nub RL friends for kicks.

Why did I think this was about the Alliance Guild mount?

Also, isn't Challenge mode gear just purely cosmetic? There are no stats and if I remember correctly, gear gets normalized for challenges mode, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Why did I think this was about the Alliance Guild mount?

Also, isn't Challenge mode gear just purely cosmetic? There are no stats and if I remember correctly, gear gets normalized for challenges mode, doesn't it?
    Yes, both sets are purely cosmetic come 5.2. Which is why I'm confused as to why they're making one set completely worthless and not the other. Although it would make more sense to leave both as rewards that actually mean something(like elite gear has since the very start, why trash it now).

cause challenge mode gear is arguably harder to obtain then the elite pvp gear.

add to that the fact that the pvp gear is outdated in 5.2 while the challenge mode gear might never be outdated due to the scale-down system.

I beg to differ maldias, we have a group with almost full golds than struggles to break 1800 when doing arenas. Thats a big gap to 2200, and I myself have 4 golds and it was quick and relatively easy, just stack the group and gg as long as the players have brains.

Elite gear is never outdated due to the player skill scale btw. Only outdated/worthless when its given out freely and 1100-1400 bracket players have 'elite' gear. Doesn't seem very elite to me maybe I'm unaware of the real meaning of that word...
    Last edited by Arandombeast; 2013-02-19 at 08:43 PM.

There should be transmog gear for people on the 2.400 bracket.

I beg to differ maldias, we have a group with almost full golds than struggles to break 1800 when doing arenas. Thats a big gap to 2200, and I myself have 4 golds and it was quick and relatively easy, just stack the group and gg as long as the players have brains. Sorry to those who think they have brains and in reality are slow.
    Did you ever think that players have different things that they're good at? Just because you've gotten gold on every challenge mode doesn't mean you'll be an ace PVPer. PVE content has its own challenges, but can be learned fairly easily; acing challenge modes boils down to knowing your class's toolkit and what you can do to make your run go faster. Being a good arena player means knowing a lot about not only your own class, but also others as well, and how they work with and against each other. It's no surprise to me that a group who's gotten a lot of golds doing challenge modes struggles in PVP, because it's apples to oranges.

Also, love the condescending tone, really makes you sound like a great person to be around.

Yes, both sets are purely cosmetic come 5.2. Which is why I'm confused as to why they're making one set completely worthless and not the other. Although it would make more sense to leave both as rewards that actually mean something(like elite gear has since the very start, why trash it now).
    I thought with every season they remove the Elite gear.

Why are we expecting to be available when 5.2 hits?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    the challenge mode gear might never be outdated due to the scale-down system.
    Pretty much this.

Challenge Modes will always be a challenge, hence the name. Why should you be rewarded for something you weren't able to achieve will it was current? Which it will be for the forseeable future.

Checking Facts, no. I'm comparing one idea that's only split to two different things because one is PvE and one is PvP. They both require a certain skill level to obtain. They both are an exclusive xmog once a player achieves that skill level. Only now one takes no skill whatsoever and is made worthless.
    And is replaced with next seasons version. Challenge mode gear arguably wont have replacements until next expansion. Challenge mode's approach is also one that pvp should incorporate; standardisation.

I completely agree with removing the stat increases on the elite gear 100%. With that being said, I also now see no reason to reach 2200+ anymore until the end of the season when the new inflation system is in full swing. I'll get my points from rbgs, so have fun getting face rolled by myself and players like me in the 1500-1900 brackets now that I actually won't have a reason to not play with my nub RL friends for kicks.
    That's a reasonable suggestion; having it made entirely cosmetic. Something to petition Blizzard about on the official forums imo.