what could i have gotten for 1050 bucks?

i ordered a x51 from alienware the 800$ one. i ended up paying 950 after getting the accidental warranty for 1 year and next day shipping.
    now i wonder what i couldve gotten for 1050$ that i had budgeted. also i liked the warranty . is there any warranty from buying parts and putting them together? also include os win 7 in the price list if you can.

ty for helping !

Deleted
    why wonder after the order instead of before is kinda beyond me?

Deleted
    a 13inch macbook,

for dem giggles

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've worried about it before rather than after. Worrying about it after is only going to make you feel like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    why wonder after the order instead of before is kinda beyond me?
    i dont know to be honest. i think i was just scared of stuff not working and me not being able to fix it .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    i dont know to be honest. i think i was just scared of stuff not working and me not being able to fix it .
    one simple question , do you like/are you able to play with lego?

one simple question , do you like/are you able to play with lego?
    i can yes.
    anyways i just wanna know what i couldve gotten for that much . best performance for the money. ty in advance.
    Last edited by Xecks; 2013-02-19 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    i can yes.
    with some help from here to pick the right parts and youtube vid's for assembly you could have build your own rig. (yes it is actually that easy these days ^^)
    ill see what kind of make shift part list i can make and i'll edit it in this post.
    something like this including a OS.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.69 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($273.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($81.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: OCZ ZT 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1016.57
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-19 15:31 EST-0500)

could save some money on certain parts but overall this would vastly outperform the X51 you ordered which comes with a GT 640 as a gpu and either a i3-2120/i5-3330.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-02-19 at 08:33 PM.

with some help from here to pick the right parts and youtube vid's for assembly you could have build your own rig. (yes it is actually that easy these days ^^)
    ill see what kind of make shift part list i can make and i'll edit it in this post.
    ty very much.

holy shit, i cant believe that you get such specs for that price, when you can build a gaming system such at the one shroudster linked.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    i think i was just scared of stuff not working and me not being able to fix it
    i ordered a x51 from alienware
    So... You got scared of stuff not working, and then proceeded to order from a terrible company. Makes... sense?

Honestly, though. I would return it. $800 for a system with an nVidia 640? It's basically a really, really expensive xbox 360. It's a media center. The nVidia 640 is as good as an 8800 GT, that was released back in 2007.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So... You got scared of stuff not working, and then proceeded to order from a terrible company. Makes... sense?

Honestly, though. I would return it. $800 for a system with an nVidia 640? It's basically a really, really expensive xbox 360. It's a media center. The nVidia 640 is as good as an 8800 GT, that was released back in 2007.
    i think i might just do that.

return it, eat whatever costs you need to. That Alienware will never feel like an $800 machine. It will feel like the $400 worth of outdated, worthless-for-current-anything parts it really is.

Sorry man. I did the same thing with an IBuyPower PC. Building my own rig was challenging, frustrating and the most satisfying goal I've set for myself since I quit smoking. Even if it takes you a month or two to recoup the lost money, do it.

On another note - I work in Customer Service/Phone Returns. We can make anything happen. When you call to return, be nice, respectful and make up a total lie about needing the money, including as much of the shipping costs as possible. Ask to speak to a Manager if you need to. Be nice and you'd be surprised what a simple phone rep can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    return it, eat whatever costs you need to. That Alienware will never feel like an $800 machine. It will feel like the $400 worth of outdated, worthless-for-current-anything parts it really is.

Sorry man. I did the same thing with an IBuyPower PC. Building my own rig was challenging, frustrating and the most satisfying goal I've set for myself since I quit smoking. Even if it takes you a month or two to recoup the lost money, do it.

On another note - I work in Customer Service/Phone Returns. We can make anything happen. When you call to return, be nice, respectful and make up a total lie about needing the money, including as much of the shipping costs as possible. Ask to speak to a Manager if you need to. Be nice and you'd be surprised what a simple phone rep can do for you.
    insider info, use this.

Once you get your money back, make a dedicated thread on the computer part of this forum and the tech savy mmo-c guys will put together a perfect machine much like the one shroudster linked. We can give you guides, tips and a good advice for your project.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

i think i might just do that.
    After you return it, let us know how much money can you spend so we can help you picking up some nice parts.