Thread: Vid card help

Vid card help

Trying to decide which of these 2 cards I should order or if there is something better at the same price point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

Will be using primarily for WOW 25 man raiding using as high of settings as possible. Any help appreciated.

If it's used primarily in Wow, it won't matter much, since both are beyond the point where you get additional benefit for more GPU-power, and you are going to be held back by your CPU almost no matter what.

I prefer Gigabyte, I've had recent GPUs of both Windforce and DirectCuII.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    If it's used primarily in Wow, it won't matter much, since both are beyond the point where you get additional benefit for more GPU-power, and you are going to be held back by your CPU almost no matter what.

I prefer Gigabyte, I've had recent GPUs of both Windforce and DirectCuII.
    I kinda like the look of the Asus cards.

But yeah, agreed. Gigabyte is a good manufacturer. Asus is too but the cooler on the gigabyte is better between these two cards.

I have a 670 so it's rather hard to give advice. But do you really need anything even over a gtx 660 to play wow on ultra? I feel even at the 660 mark your CPU will probably be the bottleneck in the scenario.

Would save you a few bucks. Hell if you don't have one yet, you can buy an adequate sized SSD for the 100 bucks you would save. Cheers mate

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would get the Asus just because I prefer the brand when it comes to video cards but prefer Gigabyte for motherboards (I don't know why it turned out that way but it did)>

nVidia has never done me wrong, but at that price point, doesn't the 7950 beat both of these?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    nVidia has never done me wrong, but at that price point, doesn't the 7950 beat both of these?
    If he is just playing wow a 660 non ti would be enough more then likely or a 7850/70.