Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    And if you want to keep dealing with them by hugging them and letting their behavior fester, spread, and grow, well then I guess that will end up being your loss.
    Who are these people you keep referring to? And what do they actually do to impact on your enjoyment of the game?

  2. #202
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Who are these people you keep referring to? And what do they actually do to impact on your enjoyment of the game?
    So basically....you didn't ready any of my posts. Yeah, no, we're done now. Bye-bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  3. #203
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    So basically....you didn't ready any of my posts. Yeah, no, we're done now. Bye-bye.
    This isn't specifically calling you out, Lovecraft, but Pann and you are an example of the disharmony in the community.

    If you go through both of your posts, you act and feel differently about nearly everything.

    Due to that fact, you're going to disagree so bitterly.

    And because of that fact, you two are at each others throats like the person you're arguing against killed your puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    So basically....you didn't ready any of my posts. Yeah, no, we're done now. Bye-bye.
    I have read all of your posts. I simply want to know who are the mouth breathers and shit-heads as it appears from your posts that they are people that do not share your point of view and why you feel the need to bully them out of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    This isn't specifically calling you out, Lovecraft, but Pann and you are an example of the disharmony in the community.

    If you go through both of your posts, you act and feel differently about nearly everything.

    Due to that fact, you're going to disagree so bitterly.

    And because of that fact, you two are at each others throats like the person you're arguing against killed your puppy.
    I really am not sure what you are attempting to do with this post apart from trying to stir up an argument.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    And if you want to keep dealing with them by hugging them and letting their behavior fester, spread, and grow, well then I guess that will end up being your loss.
    What else can be done though? I'm not saying I don't find some verity to your statements because I'm of a similar stance -- but that method doesn't always work. Some kids these days are in the game spouting profanities and racial slurs they would never dare in real life or under supervision yet they are of the mantra, "Well, any reaction is good. I'm getting attention." Even if it's you calling them out for being a shithead.

  6. #206
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    What else can be done though? I'm not saying I don't find some verity to your statements because I'm of a similar stance -- but that method doesn't always work. Some kids these days are in the game spouting profanities and racial slurs they would never dare in real life or under supervision yet they are of the mantra, "Well, any reaction is good. I'm getting attention." Even if it's you calling them out for being a shithead.
    There are SOME actions that can be taken, report every reportable offense you can, make a point to have a personal 'black list' of toxic players so you remember to refuse to invite them to your groups and to kick them from LFD/LFRs if you happen across them, encourage other non-toxic players to do the same, share your list with them and across the server with guild leaders of reputable guilds. Eventually when no one on their server wants to play with them anymore, they can't get into any worthwhile guilds, can't even get into public pugs, and no one will even talk to them, they'll get the message. Sure they could server xfer, name change, or make a new toon, but then they are being forced to invest extra time and money. Eventually they'll give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  7. #207
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have read all of your posts. I simply want to know who are the mouth breathers and shit-heads as it appears from your posts that they are people that do not share your point of view and why you feel the need to bully them out of the game.



    I really am not sure what you are attempting to do with this post apart from trying to stir up an argument.
    I'm not trying to start anything.

    Can no one attempt to be the voice of reason on this forum? Does there always have to be an alterior motive?

    I'm just saying since both of you have different view points and opinions on the topic, while passion and emotion are getting involved, in no way shape nor form will you ver agree.

    It's hopeful, though, you can be civil about it, but most of the time people aren't (not saying you two aren't, per say).

    And due to THAT fact, with a loss of civility, that's a stemming cause of the disjointedness in our community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  8. #208
    I feel the author of this article is wearing the glasses that a tinted so rose that he can barely see at this point. His entire beef seems to be that the OPEN community has gotten a lot worse and was great throughout vanilla, which it in my opinion actually wasn't. I started during the early days of vanilla, and after leveling to 45, when everyone was new and open, I decided to take a break as summer rolled around, when I returned to the game after 3 months, I found a community much harder to penetrate and already creating cliques, this was 8 months after the release of the game, the open community had already taken a massive hit, imagine what 9 years will do, so imo it's not what Blizzard has implemented, it's just the natural progression of a community.
    If you look at his daily routine, the entire description of his vanilla routine can be reproduced in a MoP setting. The only issue seems to be that he does not have a guild in MoP, if he was in the exact same setting as vanilla (this setting being playing in an active guild with progress in mind) he could have the exact same daily routine, but for some reason he chooses not to do this.
    Yes, it's true that you can do stuff without a good guild now, but is adding options for players who before had very little to do because they didn't have the time to spend 45 mins finding a group really that bad?
    So in my opinion the author of the article seems like a person who is upset about the current state of the game, not so much because of the game, but because the setting around him changed, he no longer has a guild, he no longer raids and thus is forced to utilize the options granted by Blizzard giving him alternatives to actually play the game outside of a guild setting.

  9. #209
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm not trying to start anything.

    Can no one attempt to be the voice of reason on this forum? Does there always have to be an alterior motive?

    I'm just saying since both of you have different view points and opinions on the topic, while passion and emotion are getting involved, in no way shape nor form will you ver agree.

    It's hopeful, though, you can be civil about it, but most of the time people aren't (not saying you two aren't, per say).

    And due to THAT fact, with a loss of civility, that's a stemming cause of the disjointedness in our community.
    So...there wasn't a problem, but you posted a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of us and start one? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  10. #210
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,645
    I do my part by never voting yes on a Kick unless the person has been offline for more than 5 minutes.

    The number one thing you can do to improve the community is Don't Automatically Vote Kick!

    Ask why, talk it out before you act.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  11. #211
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,289
    The problem with WoW isn't the Elite players. It's the average player who think and act like they are part of the Elite when they aren't even close.

  12. #212
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The problem with WoW isn't the Elite players. It's the average player who think and act like they are part of the Elite when they aren't even close.
    You forgot to mention the "Elites" who join up in LFR/LFD and spend the entire time making fun of the other players, you forgot the Elites who sit in /trade making fun of other guilds/players in a vain attempt to make their e-peen grown from the permanently shrived state it's in.

    Sorry hun, it's a problem with BOTH elites and average players.. don't even try to make this into a casual/elite war.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The problem with WoW isn't the Elite players. It's the average player who think and act like they are part of the Elite when they aren't even close.
    This is something i notice quite often actually, along with the sheep mentality of alot of players. Its quite the predicament when someone gets kicked for something very trivial when its just been sheep clicking yes, I'll admit I've made my mistakes, i tank alot and sometimes things do go wrong, i wont say im perfect at all. Only takes one to call the z0mg noob and bam, even when whatever was a legitimate accident.

    The player base has become something of elitist mostly, its a bit annoying, i try to not play my part and certainly the guild i run we don't. But when it comes to LFG/LFR everyone is a god in their mind it seems.

    There are alot of casual players that really don't read the things anyone reading this will, we take care of our builds, our specs, gear, enchants. With the player base as big as it is you cant expect all to, and while i appreciate that it actually has to be done to some extent, the game is that big in terms of what ive just said that you need to read some, going in blindly you gimp your threat/dps/healing. Sadly this is not something that is made obvious till you get called out for it, even then some people don't even care.

  14. #214
    The "It's them not us!" mentality is what makes it worse.

  15. #215
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    So...there wasn't a problem, but you posted a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of us and start one? :/
    ...............................

    How.

    Is that.

    Even.....

    Forget it. I try to be the voice of reason, and people can't figure out what I said.

    Just forget I said anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  16. #216
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ...............................

    How.

    Is that.

    Even.....

    Forget it. I try to be the voice of reason, and people can't figure out what I said.

    Just forget I said anything.
    If you can make a point sensibly, it's best not to say anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I guess I'm more of an old-school person. When I grew up, the shit-heads were called out on being shit-heads, they were punished, and made as an example to prevent more little shit-heads from sprouting up.

    It worked pretty darn good. Now we try to explain the shit-heads behavior for them, we try to coddle them, we give them tons of chances, we make excuses for them, we try to pull the whole "kill em with love!" mentality, and all the other little shit-heads realize that there are no consequences for their actions and start coming out of the woodwork's. The original ones, are never punished, or are eventually punished once they've been allowed to wreak havoc and mischief for years.

    It's only going to get worse from here on out.
    To beat evil be evil, gotcha.

  18. #218
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    To beat evil be evil, gotcha.
    Oh yeah, holding people accountable and punishing them for their action is evil. We're witnessing the slow decline of society, where it's no one's fault and it's ok to ignore the bad behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  19. #219
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    If you can make a point sensibly, it's best not to say anything at all.
    It was sensible. None of my point incited anything nor was trying to.

    It even explicitly said it wasn't.

    I was trying to help since you both continuously bickered, and then pointed out how this relates to the community.

    That's all.

    And now another argument is inciting because of an apparent language barrier or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Blanket statements? No, I'm naming very specific types of people in this game that are making it bad. If I said "ALL PLAYERS ARE X" then that would be a blanket statement. Honestly, if you don't think we should alienate the types of people I've listed, you are part of the community's steady decline.
    "number crunching mouth breathers".
    You don't see how that alienates anyone that focuses on min maxxing, regardless of what kind of person they are?

    Or "entitled brats" alienating anyone who thinks something should be done differently.

    Also, lol at no true scotsman.
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •