Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    So basically....you didn't ready any of my posts. Yeah, no, we're done now. Bye-bye.
    I have read all of your posts. I simply want to know who are the mouth breathers and shit-heads as it appears from your posts that they are people that do not share your point of view and why you feel the need to bully them out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    This isn't specifically calling you out, Lovecraft, but Pann and you are an example of the disharmony in the community.

If you go through both of your posts, you act and feel differently about nearly everything.

Due to that fact, you're going to disagree so bitterly.

And because of that fact, you two are at each others throats like the person you're arguing against killed your puppy.
    I really am not sure what you are attempting to do with this post apart from trying to stir up an argument.

And if you want to keep dealing with them by hugging them and letting their behavior fester, spread, and grow, well then I guess that will end up being your loss.
    What else can be done though? I'm not saying I don't find some verity to your statements because I'm of a similar stance -- but that method doesn't always work. Some kids these days are in the game spouting profanities and racial slurs they would never dare in real life or under supervision yet they are of the mantra, "Well, any reaction is good. I'm getting attention." Even if it's you calling them out for being a shithead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    What else can be done though? I'm not saying I don't find some verity to your statements because I'm of a similar stance -- but that method doesn't always work. Some kids these days are in the game spouting profanities and racial slurs they would never dare in real life or under supervision yet they are of the mantra, "Well, any reaction is good. I'm getting attention." Even if it's you calling them out for being a shithead.
    There are SOME actions that can be taken, report every reportable offense you can, make a point to have a personal 'black list' of toxic players so you remember to refuse to invite them to your groups and to kick them from LFD/LFRs if you happen across them, encourage other non-toxic players to do the same, share your list with them and across the server with guild leaders of reputable guilds. Eventually when no one on their server wants to play with them anymore, they can't get into any worthwhile guilds, can't even get into public pugs, and no one will even talk to them, they'll get the message. Sure they could server xfer, name change, or make a new toon, but then they are being forced to invest extra time and money. Eventually they'll give up.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have read all of your posts. I simply want to know who are the mouth breathers and shit-heads as it appears from your posts that they are people that do not share your point of view and why you feel the need to bully them out of the game.

I really am not sure what you are attempting to do with this post apart from trying to stir up an argument.
    I'm not trying to start anything.

Can no one attempt to be the voice of reason on this forum? Does there always have to be an alterior motive?

I'm just saying since both of you have different view points and opinions on the topic, while passion and emotion are getting involved, in no way shape nor form will you ver agree.

It's hopeful, though, you can be civil about it, but most of the time people aren't (not saying you two aren't, per say).

And due to THAT fact, with a loss of civility, that's a stemming cause of the disjointedness in our community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I feel the author of this article is wearing the glasses that a tinted so rose that he can barely see at this point. His entire beef seems to be that the OPEN community has gotten a lot worse and was great throughout vanilla, which it in my opinion actually wasn't. I started during the early days of vanilla, and after leveling to 45, when everyone was new and open, I decided to take a break as summer rolled around, when I returned to the game after 3 months, I found a community much harder to penetrate and already creating cliques, this was 8 months after the release of the game, the open community had already taken a massive hit, imagine what 9 years will do, so imo it's not what Blizzard has implemented, it's just the natural progression of a community.
    If you look at his daily routine, the entire description of his vanilla routine can be reproduced in a MoP setting. The only issue seems to be that he does not have a guild in MoP, if he was in the exact same setting as vanilla (this setting being playing in an active guild with progress in mind) he could have the exact same daily routine, but for some reason he chooses not to do this.
    Yes, it's true that you can do stuff without a good guild now, but is adding options for players who before had very little to do because they didn't have the time to spend 45 mins finding a group really that bad?
    So in my opinion the author of the article seems like a person who is upset about the current state of the game, not so much because of the game, but because the setting around him changed, he no longer has a guild, he no longer raids and thus is forced to utilize the options granted by Blizzard giving him alternatives to actually play the game outside of a guild setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to start anything.

Can no one attempt to be the voice of reason on this forum? Does there always have to be an alterior motive?

I'm just saying since both of you have different view points and opinions on the topic, while passion and emotion are getting involved, in no way shape nor form will you ver agree.

It's hopeful, though, you can be civil about it, but most of the time people aren't (not saying you two aren't, per say).

And due to THAT fact, with a loss of civility, that's a stemming cause of the disjointedness in our community.
    So...there wasn't a problem, but you posted a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of us and start one? :/

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do my part by never voting yes on a Kick unless the person has been offline for more than 5 minutes.

The number one thing you can do to improve the community is Don't Automatically Vote Kick!

Ask why, talk it out before you act.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

The problem with WoW isn't the Elite players. It's the average player who think and act like they are part of the Elite when they aren't even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The problem with WoW isn't the Elite players. It's the average player who think and act like they are part of the Elite when they aren't even close.
    You forgot to mention the "Elites" who join up in LFR/LFD and spend the entire time making fun of the other players, you forgot the Elites who sit in /trade making fun of other guilds/players in a vain attempt to make their e-peen grown from the permanently shrived state it's in.

Sorry hun, it's a problem with BOTH elites and average players.. don't even try to make this into a casual/elite war.

This is something i notice quite often actually, along with the sheep mentality of alot of players. Its quite the predicament when someone gets kicked for something very trivial when its just been sheep clicking yes, I'll admit I've made my mistakes, i tank alot and sometimes things do go wrong, i wont say im perfect at all. Only takes one to call the z0mg noob and bam, even when whatever was a legitimate accident.

The player base has become something of elitist mostly, its a bit annoying, i try to not play my part and certainly the guild i run we don't. But when it comes to LFG/LFR everyone is a god in their mind it seems.

There are alot of casual players that really don't read the things anyone reading this will, we take care of our builds, our specs, gear, enchants. With the player base as big as it is you cant expect all to, and while i appreciate that it actually has to be done to some extent, the game is that big in terms of what ive just said that you need to read some, going in blindly you gimp your threat/dps/healing. Sadly this is not something that is made obvious till you get called out for it, even then some people don't even care.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "It's them not us!" mentality is what makes it worse.

So...there wasn't a problem, but you posted a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of us and start one? :/

How.

Is that.

Even.....

Forget it. I try to be the voice of reason, and people can't figure out what I said.

Just forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account

How.

Is that.

Even.....

Forget it. I try to be the voice of reason, and people can't figure out what I said.

Just forget I said anything.
    If you can make a point sensibly, it's best not to say anything at all.

I guess I'm more of an old-school person. When I grew up, the shit-heads were called out on being shit-heads, they were punished, and made as an example to prevent more little shit-heads from sprouting up.

It worked pretty darn good. Now we try to explain the shit-heads behavior for them, we try to coddle them, we give them tons of chances, we make excuses for them, we try to pull the whole "kill em with love!" mentality, and all the other little shit-heads realize that there are no consequences for their actions and start coming out of the woodwork's. The original ones, are never punished, or are eventually punished once they've been allowed to wreak havoc and mischief for years.

It's only going to get worse from here on out.
    To beat evil be evil, gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    To beat evil be evil, gotcha.
    Oh yeah, holding people accountable and punishing them for their action is evil. We're witnessing the slow decline of society, where it's no one's fault and it's ok to ignore the bad behavior.

If you can make a point sensibly, it's best not to say anything at all.
    It was sensible. None of my point incited anything nor was trying to.

It even explicitly said it wasn't.

I was trying to help since you both continuously bickered, and then pointed out how this relates to the community.

That's all.

And now another argument is inciting because of an apparent language barrier or something.

Blanket statements? No, I'm naming very specific types of people in this game that are making it bad. If I said "ALL PLAYERS ARE X" then that would be a blanket statement. Honestly, if you don't think we should alienate the types of people I've listed, you are part of the community's steady decline.
    "number crunching mouth breathers".
    You don't see how that alienates anyone that focuses on min maxxing, regardless of what kind of person they are?

Or "entitled brats" alienating anyone who thinks something should be done differently.

Also, lol at no true scotsman.

If the RL community is bad, how much better can an online community be?

This coming from a person who is probably male in RL playing a female draenei and almost achievement capped. dont see why anyone would envy all the associated generalisations about these kinds of players. male playing a female draenei says it all actually.

Oh yeah, holding people accountable and punishing them for their action is evil. We're witnessing the slow decline of society, where it's no one's fault and it's ok to ignore the bad behavior.
    No calling people names isn't holding them accountable. Saying they are this and that isn't holding them accountable. Doing something is completely different. I should put what I said with a different word since it would make more sense. To beat the problem, become the problem.