Installing new SSD and HDD

So I just bought an Samsung 840 pro for my new laptop. What I want to do is remove the optical drive and put my original 1tb HDD in there. What do I need in order to do that? The laptop is a MSI CX70. I got the idea from a video I saw when researching SSD's.

Basically I have no clue what the name of the parts they are adding to the HDD at 1:53 into that video are or where to get them. Any help would be much appreciated!

Well I've never personally swapped an optical drive for a HDD but all of the components involved are brutally simple to remove or add. That being said the task should be pretty easy.

The obvious is that the optical drive is not the correct size or alignment for an HDD. A quick search on Amazon turned this up. I would search around a bit to make sure its the best buy/value/performance/what ever. http://www.amazon.com/SATA-caddy-12-.../dp/B0056EW4A4

Take the Optical Drive out of its Bay. Slap the other HDD in the new optical drive "caddy". Insert. Cheers

Awesome thanks for the help. Unfortunately Amazon.com would charge me $40 for shipping just to ship that to Canada and the Canadian Amazon is just crap for products so I will have to do some searching. I figured it would be a simple job to swap the optical out but I could not for the life of me figure out what the drive caddy was actually named! I thought it was some custom modification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solution, though not quite as mobile, is just get an external USB enclosure for the 1tb drive. They usually only run like $10.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Another solution, though not quite as mobile, is just get an external USB enclosure for the 1tb drive. They usually only run like $10.
    Or if he has eSATA he could use that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Here is a link to one @ NCIX (which is Canadian)

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=78846
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver