Deleted

Quick question on Mage Armour

Hey guys,

I am currently using a mastery build and am not sure on which armour to use. I originally used Mage Armour, as that is the logical choice - but my burst + stack building speed is, in my opinion, poor. Switching to Frost armour (whilsts keeping a mastery build) seems to give me a higher burst, and slightly higher DPS overall.

I have yet to fully test this on a dummy, due to time constraints.

Has anyone noticed a difference like me? Or am I going insane and should just stick to MA?

Cheers,

Fishy

Deleted
    Hey,

Mastery > Mage armor
    Haste > Frost amor.

Simple as that.
    Lots of tests have been done, there's only specific situations where that would not be true (haste plateau, too much stats (which might happen later in the expansion)), but really not right now.

Deleted
    I was afraid I was being stupid! Thanks for the clarification...

Deleted
    Nah that not stupid at all, you should be testing things even when people opinions differ from yours .

You're welcome to wait for more answer, I'd like to but i'm not always right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishrage View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently using a mastery build and am not sure on which armour to use. I originally used Mage Armour, as that is the logical choice - but my burst + stack building speed is, in my opinion, poor. Switching to Frost armour (whilsts keeping a mastery build) seems to give me a higher burst, and slightly higher DPS overall.

I have yet to fully test this on a dummy, due to time constraints.

Has anyone noticed a difference like me? Or am I going insane and should just stick to MA?

Cheers,

Fishy
    Normally I would say it's black and white like Eihwaz has; but in reality it does depend on a few things.

First and foremost though, if you're only noticing this DPS increase in dummy tests, forget it. Dummy tests are notoriously inaccurate and don't account for a lot of factors. Raiding is slightly different, but again noticing +/- ~1K dps in raids can literally be nothing more than RNG.

Secondly; down to the actual theory.

Frost Armor generically is far better on Haste build than it is on Mastery; Haste scales multiplicatively instead of additionally; so the more Haste you have the more you benefit from FA.
    That said; there are occassions where FA on Mastery build will be as good as/better than MA. These are usually if you can hit a haste breakpoint with FA whereas you wouldn't normally with MA.

However, the general rule is; as Eihwaz has said, Mastery Build -> MA. Haste build -> FA.

An armory link would help us a lot, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Normally I would say it's black and white like Eihwaz has; but in reality it does depend on a few things.

First and foremost though, if you're only noticing this DPS increase in dummy tests, forget it. Dummy tests are notoriously inaccurate and don't account for a lot of factors. Raiding is slightly different, but again noticing +/- ~1K dps in raids can literally be nothing more than RNG.

Secondly; down to the actual theory.

Frost Armor generically is far better on Haste build than it is on Mastery; Haste scales multiplicatively instead of additionally; so the more Haste you have the more you benefit from FA.
    That said; there are occassions where FA on Mastery build will be as good as/better than MA. These are usually if you can hit a haste breakpoint with FA whereas you wouldn't normally with MA.

However, the general rule is; as Eihwaz has said, Mastery Build -> MA. Haste build -> FA.

An armory link would help us a lot, though.
    Many thanks for the reply.

Armoury here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stfrolt/simple