Thread: Nidalee?

Nidalee?

Hello, I'm quite new to LoL(Started playing 3 days ago) and I reached level 7 on my account. I have hoarded some points and I want to try out some new champions. The first thing I checked was the champions that are on sale, and Nidalee winked at me for some reason. I only saw her in action on one of the streaming matches, and her high mobility, combined to the damage she can pull, seems like something that I may be able to enjoy.

So, can you please counsel me about this champion's pros and cons? Is she worth an investment?

Lackluster team fighting power but strong champion against melee oriented champions, is solid for teams that have a lot of poke damage, and is a great splitpusher (meaning sneaking down enemy towers while they're distracted.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Hello, I'm quite new to LoL(Started playing 3 days ago) and I reached level 7 on my account. I have hoarded some points and I want to try out some new champions. The first thing I checked was the champions that are on sale, and Nidalee winked at me for some reason. I only saw her in action on one of the streaming matches, and her high mobility, combined to the damage she can pull, seems like something that I may be able to enjoy.

So, can you please counsel me about this champion's pros and cons? Is she worth an investment?
    Nidalee is quite a hard champion to master and I wouldn't recommended for a new player. That doesn't mean that she's bad or underpowered at all. Check some videos and streams before buying her.

Finally, if you want to buy a champion during a sale, I would like to inform you that: 1) Sales start every Tuesday and Friday 2) There would be an announcement about sales the night before (Monday night and Thursday night) 3) On Tuesdays and Fridays only both the old and the new bunch of champions would be on sale for that day. That means on Friday morning, Nidalee, Nami, Renecton would still be on sale as well as three new champions.

That's why I would suggest to wait before buying her, at least until Friday, as a new champion that you might want would be on sale that day

Deleted
    She's has insanely strong poke; and that's what AP Nidalee is used most for. Sieging power and stopping enemy teams from doing baron/drakes using her spears.

You can also use her for splitpushing going building a more bruiser-way so that you can effectively 1v1 enemy players while still pushing very hard.

If used properly she's a very strong champion, fun to play. I'll recommend her to anyone, new or experienced.

What is poke, exactly? Even if she is not a great team player, I suppose the burst damage she can do helps kill some enemy champions faster, especially the ones who are fleeing. I'm still a newb though, so I may be talking gibberish

Deleted
    Poking means... well, what it says. To poke the enemy champions. You basically poke the enemy champions from afar without being in danger of getting attacked, slowly(quickly in nida's case though l0l) dropping their health with spears (and other abilities).

her spear is a skillshot, and can be dodged relatively easy, though, you can do serious damage with a glass cannon build if you hit one max distance (shocks the hell out of people to see 1/2 - 2/3 their health gone in one shot; add in trap debuff and they are in trouble).

I'm not 30 yet, still learning, but she was free in my first week and bought her because I love the way she plays. Taking a break and jungling with Udyr and supporting with Soraka; but it is also fun to play support Nidalee ... you have a major heal that gives an attack speed buff (great for taking down turrets, or buffing the adc) and your spears still hit like a truck, making people think twice about getting out of position or making them back off if they aren't paying attention, and a cat W-E-Q combo early game with a well thrown spear can nuke most champs early game.

She has great sustain, with the heal for solo top/mid, quick clean up of large creeps, especially late game, but she needs a good team comp to be most effective, since she has no CCs and pounce + flash are your only escape mechanisms ... but if you learn to always hit bushes and jump walls, you'll get away from average players most of the time.

Watch the ranked games, there is almost always games with a Nid in them; makes it easy to check her out and see her strengths and weakness in gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like to wait until champions I want to try are f2p, I hate buying a champion that I don't care for, or worse that I suck with.

I wish that we could have (x) amount of f2p games a week, during which we could play any champion we want.

Nidalee is the best champion for ARAM games on lol.

Her traps reveal things like shaco boxes as well as enemy champions who step on it (so stealth champions will be revealed)

So if you go and play nidalee in any lane you can simply put traps down on the entrance/ganking paths to your lane and most of the time someone will step on it and giving you an early warning in the process. Shes great for when you want to push as a team. She can lay traps in what ever lane your teams pushing either in bushes or just in the lane somewhere. Her spear can 2 shot most AD/AP carries at max range. If you have a tear/archangel you can spam the spear with that huge mana pool. Even if you don't hit you keep them pinned back and then you can heal your AD carry so they get increased attack speed to help destroy that tower.