Has anyone else gotten a virus from opening a thread on mmo champion?

Today is the second time its happened to me. last week i opened a mmo champion thread and next thing i know my computer says it has a virus and most of my programs close down and i can't open them back up.
    Luckily i was using my work computer and the IT department came down to fix it. and put anti malware and protect my computer

And just now i just went on a thread and it said the malware or malfunctioning addon on this page has caused this site to close down.

What is going on?

Assuming what you said is indeed what occurred then it is most likely an infected ad on the website which the operators of MMO champion have little control over. It would be best for you to contact them directly so they can contact their ad providers in the event there is some malware lurking on here.

BTW, if you haven't done it yet and you are using Firefox then I would suggest to download Noscript, Adblock Plus, and Ghostery. These three will make your browser nearly impervious to many attacks (NOT ALL). I believe the Chrome equivalents are Notscript and Adblock as well if you happen to be using that.
    Last edited by veighnerg; 2013-02-19 at 08:54 PM.

I get warnings and blocked attempts from adds on the bottom sometimes. I also no longer use Chrome when on here and most of that has stopped so it could have been something on Chromes side of things or the way the 2 interact. The auto play adds with volume turned to max are brutal sometimes but now i just don't have my head set on when i come here. Not the best fix but from my end it is all I can do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The auto play adds with volume turned to max are brutal sometimes but now i just don't have my head set on when i come here. Not the best fix but from my end it is all I can do.
    You can also report this type of ads here - we don't like them any more than you do and will make sure they are removed from our ad rotation!

Quote Originally Posted by veighnerg View Post
    Assuming what you said is indeed what occurred then it is most likely an infected ad on the website which the operators of MMO champion have little control over. It would be best for you to contact them directly so they can contact their ad providers in the event there is some malware lurking on here.

BTW, if you haven't done it yet and you are using Firefox then I would suggest to download Noscript, Adblock Plus, and Ghostery. These three will make your browser nearly impervious to many attacks (NOT ALL). I believe the Chrome equivalents are Notscript and Adblock as well if you happen to be using that.
    What does noscript and ghostery do?

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    What does noscript and ghostery do?
    They both help stop scripts (which can contain many forms of malware) and unwanted content from loading which combined with Adblock Plus will get rid of almost 99% of ads you see on websites and the 1 pixel size tracking ads/scripts that some sites use. They also help stop the SUPER LOUD AUTO PLAYING VIDEOS!!!! that Tyrven mentioned above.

Long story short, it makes your browser more secure and under YOUR control. It does take a bit of getting used to but you will be glad you have it after a while.
    Last edited by veighnerg; 2013-02-19 at 10:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it. but my trend micro is blocking an ad on this site.

http://nym1.ib.adnxs.com/(random crap)

If that means anything