Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blue Post: PvP Crowd Control

We LIKE CC. Layering and countering CC is what gives PvP depth. Else, it's just who can blow each other up faster.
    Now, less uncounterable CC, I totally agree would be a good thing. -Ghostcrawler.

First I heard this. Makes me cringe. Nothing I hate more as playing a shiny healer having the whole opposing side rotating their crowd control on me. Leaving me standing around watching the game go on around me really sucks. I pop tinket/EMFH and the next CC or lockdown seems to be on queue. I don't have a problem with CC in PvP but after two or three episodes in a single battle, you think a little immunity would be in order.

Deleted
    Ally Instant CC should be removed, also all AoE CC should be removed - with the exception of keeping the AoE stuns such as Leg Sweep, Shockwave etc those are not that bad.

Source?

But yes, it's been well established that GC is absolutely clueless about PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Source?

this nothing more then this! He wants to BALANCE stuff and then basicly said to me in a tweet that you can't expect to hit 2k with every spec...ofc i understand you can't hit it with a tanking class but wth why not with surv hunter ? or arcane mage ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    this nothing more then this! He wants to BALANCE stuff and then basicly said to me in a tweet that you can't expect to hit 2k with every spec...ofc i understand you can't hit it with a tanking class but wth why not with surv hunter ? or arcane mage ?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/aren...ompType=filter
    Survi for example aint bad, but it lacks the burst compared to bm.

Sure every dps spec is viable 2k, but needs gear+good player obviosly.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Source?

This, also:

I want to reach through the screen and shake some sense into GC. If you love CC so much, then reduce burst so you need to use all that CC to get a kill. You don't need all your CC now.

I completely agree with what he said honestly. CC is good for the game; just all this instant ranged nil-cooldown garbage the game is full of right now is the wrong way to do it. There are a lot of decent CC nerfs next patch, so they're mostly going in the right direction (excluding the monstrosity monks have become). I feel like dispel cooldowns and CC break thresholds are major problems right now too, but I'd be hesitant to do anything that makes mongoloid physical cleaves any better than they are right now.

I dont get it, how do you guys think people should kill each other if you cant cc a healer??
    To kill someone today you have to force them use theyr own defensive cds, then force the healer to use they defensive cds and them cc the healer.
    99% of the time people get blow up is because of they own mistakes, using cds at wrong times or bad position or being to greedy.

Deleted
    CC-ing is like a game of chess, 1st you gott...*CAN'T DO THAT WHILE STUNNED*.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the current state of damage output:

1st cc/snare should be 100%
    2nd cc/snare should be 50%
    Immune

Also stuns and disorients should share dr

Silences and disarms dont seem to be as much of a problem since you still have control of your char.

0.2 cents
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2013-02-20 at 10:51 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    It's funnier still because WotLK showed that a vast majority of specs COULD be vying for gladiator let alone scraping by to 2k rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Wotlk imo was the pinnacle of PvP, maybe a little bit bigger healthpools, less healing and less damage. So that would have been mop without the million different CCs. But sure our doubletank/healer combo must have been an ass to play against

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    We LIKE CC. Layering and countering CC is what gives PvP depth. Else, it's just who can blow each other up faster.
    Now, less uncounterable CC, I totally agree would be a good thing. -Ghostcrawler.

First I heard this. Makes me cringe. Nothing I hate more as playing a shiny healer having the whole opposing side rotating their crowd control on me. Leaving me standing around watching the game go on around me really sucks. I pop tinket/EMFH and the next CC or lockdown seems to be on queue. I don't have a problem with CC in PvP but after two or three episodes in a single battle, you think a little immunity would be in order.
    Well, he's right in that pvp should not be about who gets blown up first. There should be CCs, and CCs should matter. However, he fails to understand that there are far too many DR categories for CC to matter, and things have swung from 'blow the other guy up first' to 'just CC everything all day and blow the other guy up first.' It's not fun, it's old, and it's the primary reason I don't give a damn about level cap pvp right now.

On top of that, they FUCKED dispels with their MoP changes. How much sense does it make to give healers a 'one button dispels all' mechanic? Furthermore, how much sense does it make to let offensive dispels remain spammable? You put a bubble or an ice barrier up? Nowai man, that shit just got instantly dispelled. Along with everything else.

Hots and dots should be immune to dispels, and both offensive and defensive dispels should have an 8 second CD, and only take off certain buffs/debuffs. The way they are now is completely stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    I dont get it, how do you guys think people should kill each other if you cant cc a healer??
    To kill someone today you have to force them use theyr own defensive cds, then force the healer to use they defensive cds and them cc the healer.
    99% of the time people get blow up is because of they own mistakes, using cds at wrong times or bad position or being to greedy.
    Ideally, focusing and interrupting should enable at least two competent dps to down a healer. This instant fearbombing garbage is honestly quite obscene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post

If they are going to leave all the CC in the game they need to get rid of gladiatorlosa and similar addons, get rid of the arena cc macros that allow people to 1 button switch target and cc a player they are not even looking at because they hear an audio cue from gladiatorlosa, and for the love of all that is fair get rid of the bot programs that automate instant cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    If they are going to leave all the CC in the game they need to get rid of gladiatorlosa and similar addons, get rid of the arena cc macros that allow people to 1 button switch target and cc a player they are not even looking at because they hear an audio cue from gladiatorlosa, and for the love of all that is fair get rid of the bot programs that automate instant cc.
    Like swtor pvp? It seemed so sloppy and uncoordinated without focus macros and addons. But it was pretty fun. Felt slower and less frantic, which frankly, i liked. Sometimes wow just seems like there is too much happening at any given time and i need those addons to keep up.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that ccs are a good part of pvp, in moderation! I think blanket silences still should be nerfed, and maybe combine a few of the drs together.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I completely agree with what he said honestly. CC is good for the game; just all this instant ranged nil-cooldown garbage the game is full of right now is the wrong way to do it. There are a lot of decent CC nerfs next patch, so they're mostly going in the right direction (excluding the monstrosity monks have become). I feel like dispel cooldowns and CC break thresholds are major problems right now too, but I'd be hesitant to do anything that makes mongoloid physical cleaves any better than they are right now.
    cc is good for the game but theres to much of it, example: water is good for you to much of it and you will drown. they need to address alot of issues in wow like dk's lack of survivability, the insane amount of instant spells, pvp balance, botters etc etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    cc is good for the game but theres to much of it, example: water is good for you to much of it and you will drown. they need to address alot of issues in wow like dk's lack of survivability, the insane amount of instant spells, pvp balance, botters etc etc
    Dks are having a survivability problem? The solution is to increase their damage of course! You can't die from what it died:O....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Ally Instant CC should be removed, also all AoE CC should be removed - with the exception of keeping the AoE stuns such as Leg Sweep, Shockwave etc those are not that bad.
    I see what you did there.

I miss sw:tor's DR system sometimes.