Poll: Which carb source?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They're all fantastic, but pasta's what's up. My favorite fuel for running.

Deleted
    Pasta!

Rice is one of my favorite as well, but it can't compete with pasta. I can't stand potatoes, it's to dry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

But I don't eat any of those, I don't know anybody who eats any of those as a staple.
    That's a lie. You just don't understand the concept of 'staple foods'.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I vote for potatoes, they have something that the other 2 don't give me... I just preffer them somewhat over the others, not by far though.

Second is pasta I guess and rice third.

I love them all, just 1 more than the other 2.

So what is your preffered carbohydrate source?

You forget noodles and couscous. No I don't think noodles fall into the pasta category because there are so many different types of noodles.

I greatly prefer potatoes because they can be cooked so many different ways and all are good. Pasta I can only eat with a good marinara sauce. I hate it plain and don't really care for cheese or cream sauces. Rice I can also only eat with a good sauce or gravy although I do like fried rice and yellow rice.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    You can put more stuff on rice to make it good!
    But i really like potatoes warm and cooked! smells so good

Quote Originally Posted by Minon View Post
    Brown rice, whole grain pasta rolled oats and groat for me. Doubt that any of them can give me diabetes ;p
    You don't get diabetes from anything you eat, not even sugar. Diabetes is a condition that can be aggravated by certain foods but none of them cause it.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think all types are good by the way. There are so many different ways of making them that it's a shame to miss out on any of them.

None of the above, all carbs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pasta. Though I like cooking with rice or potatoes better.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    I can't stand potatoes, it's to dry.
    You never had them baked/cooked/mashed/whatever-kind-of-option-I-don't-know-the-translation-of
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-02-20 at 03:05 PM.

1.- Potato 2.- Rice 3.- Pasta.

All of them are far from being "useless foods" as someone said. Carbs are a necessary part of the diet. The real useless food is lettuce. You can get just about as much nutritional value from that stuff as from a wet paper towel. It just fills you up while providing very little if any benefit. That's why I very rarely eat salads as they are always filled with mostly lettuce. I have always had a very high metabolism and I need more protein and calories than the average person does and I never gain weight no matter what I eat.

I really like all 3, depends on my mood. =) Picked pasta because I like it slightly more than the others. Prolly pasta, rice, then potatoes.

I went Pasta but I like Potatoes too especially Mashed Potatoes with melted butter...Yummy.

Rice I hate with a passion ever since I was a kid. I don't like it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you make pasta out of both potatoes and rice?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Pasta for sure. recipe inc!

Cook spaghetti. While its cooking take Olive oil, tiny (and i do mean tiny) bit of butter + garlic. Simmer in a pan until garlic is a light brown.

Combine the completed spaghetti (drained of course) to your pan with the olive mixture and mix together and leave on a low heat for about 2 minutes.
    add Oregano to serve and cheese if you are feeling naughty! (Gouda or gtfo)

fast and so fkin good. I actually cry inside a little if i see anyone defile pasta with that lazy tasteless shit from jars when making your own sauces is cheaper and soo much better. This one being my particular favourite, but making a nice tomato sauce or creamy cheese sauce is just as easy!

potatoes and rice even more so I could live without no sweat

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Pasta for sure. recipe inc!

Cook spaghetti. While its cooking take Olive oil, tiny (and i do mean tiny) bit of butter + garlic. Simmer in a pan until garlic is a light brown.

Combine the completed spaghetti (drained of course) to your pan with the olive mixture and mix together and leave on a low heat for about 2 minutes.
    add Oregano to serve and cheese if you are feeling naughty! (Gouda or gtfo)

fast and so fkin good. I actually cry inside a little if i see anyone defile pasta with that lazy tasteless shit from jars when making your own sauces is cheaper and soo much better. This one being my particular favourite, but making a nice tomato sauce or creamy cheese sauce is just as easy!

potatoes and rice even more so I could live without no sweat
    Come make me dinner ;(
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Pretty sure western europe is mostly pasta and rice, eastern europe is a lot of potatoes and asia is clearly built on rice.

What are you on about?
    Portugese breakfast consists of bread. So does a typical Spanish breakfast. (Wikipedia yo) Ever heard of a crumpet or a croissant, or a bagette? there are the most western European countries all that eat bread.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    That's a lie. You just don't understand the concept of 'staple foods'.
    Yeah, I do and his listed 3 aren't even the top 3 world staples. Corn, wheat and the only one he got right is rice.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-02-20 at 04:55 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'm going with (jasmine) rice on this one.

im asian, so rice y0l0d0l0