Poll: Which carb source?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Favorite of the 3 staples? Potatoes, rice or pasta?

I vote for potatoes, they have something that the other 2 don't give me... I just preffer them somewhat over the others, not by far though.

Second is pasta I guess and rice third.

I love them all, just 1 more than the other 2.

So what is your preffered carbohydrate source?

Deleted
    Pasta, goes good with just about anything in my opinion.

Bread... Where is the bread option?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    What no Tortillas, racists!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Only the 3 staples as options. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    What no Tortillas, racists!
    Exactly. What up with that?

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    But I don't eat any of those, I don't know anybody who eats any of those as a staple.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I voted potatoes, but am on a low carb diet atm so not actually eating any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you are Irish, Italian or Asian. The western world is a bit different.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Maybe if you are Irish, Italian or Asian. The western world is a bit different.
    None of those!

It's just these 3 options, deal with it.

None of those!

It's just these 3 options, deal with it.
    but they are three options that doesn't work for most of the world. North and south america, europe and parts of asia eat bread. Many parts of africa don't have any of those 3 staples.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Whichever one is closer, at some points i've basically lived a few years of potatoes (and some other foods combined with potatoes), later on rice and in between lived of pasta. All just whichever one i have at home, and whichever i feel more like eating.

And i did live in EU , and NA

I voted potatoes, but it's very close between that and pasta. Rice is okay, but I don't really care about it much.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rice, hands down, followed by potatoes. Pasta are ok but I could live without them fine...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but they are three options that doesn't work for most of the world. North and south america, europe and parts of asia eat bread. Many parts of africa don't have any of those 3 staples.
    You know, I really am not in the mood to discuss this, I had those 3 options in mind and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Out of the foods the OP considers staples, which do you like best? Look at the question that way, rather than getting upset that it doesn't contain your preference, or everyone's preference. It's his thread, he can choose the poll options.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

Went with "none" because I prefer eating healthy foods and am not interested in diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Out of the foods the OP considers staples, which do you like best? Look at the question that way, rather than getting upset that it doesn't contain your preference, or everyone's preference. It's his thread, he can choose the poll options.
    Well his actual question at the end of his post was "So what is your preffered carbohydrate source?"

And I wondered where the bread option was, cus bread da bess.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Went with "none" because I prefer eating healthy foods and am not interested in diabetes.
    Not sure if serious, or if there's a new study which shows how eating potatoes (not french fries / chips) gives diabetes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    You can't be serious.

I don't think you get diabetes from eating those foods.

Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...
    Nuff said.