... LastLast
    Wtf more DK nerfs in build 16634...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Wtf more DK nerfs in build 16634...
    They aren't nerfs, they're corrections based on the last set of nerfs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    They aren't nerfs, they're corrections based on the last set of nerfs
    Icy Talons Your melee attack speed is increased by 30%. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 15%. Death Knight - Frost Spec.

I hope this is a mistake

Data-mined changes are data-mined.

This is extremely different than coming straight from the mouth of a developer. Until those changes stay for several pushes, you don't know if they're intended, or if MMO-C's data-miner simply caught it on an earlier build (i.e. one they did not intend to release but was part of the iterative process).

The sky isn't falling. Please use your brain.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 01:58 PM ----------

Also, for anyone wondering about those changes:

Disease tooltips are simply reflecting what GC told you they would be. SS tooltip is doing the same. HB tooltip is doing the same (but AP coefficient is not included, but it very likely is in reality). In short, everything there is something you already knew except IT being 15%.
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2013-02-25 at 06:58 PM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    I raid in Exodus with Rammy and Arv, two very good DKs, and they are top 5 DPS on every single fight.
    are you talking about now? or in raid testing 5.2 content? this is about 5.2 not 5.1, and i doubt they are top 5 in all of your raid testing, unless, your talking about heroic 10 man testing. rammy is exceptional as a dps, even thou he tanks a lot. btw, i cant wait to see you guys in 5.2 with the best of vodka, too bad so many just stopped logging on and got burned out!

and scaling is a concern, as dks just don't scale as well as other classes, some scale too well IE:warriors. so while dks may be towards the top of dps charts in current gear and t15 set, once they get upto 522-535 gear others will take off, and we all know how warriors mages warlocks scale.

i wasn't the one coming into this forum saying the sky was falling, however, i did say i was surprised to see so many dks complaining about the buffs without addressing the why? such as to compensate for the lack of scaling in 5.2 gear. GC even posted that exact reply about why the dk buffs.
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-02-25 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Now they are nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Now they are nerfs.
    They are nerfs from the previous buffs, not nerfs from live, at least thats my understanding

15% icy talons nerf is too much way to less km proc this so fuck gay to force people to go unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    They are nerfs from the previous buffs, not nerfs from live, at least thats my understanding
    15% icy talons is indeed a nerf from live. Hopefully not final.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    15% icy talons nerf is too much way to less km proc this so fuck gay to force people to go unholy
    For the most part people had to play frost to stay competitive this tier - how is this any different? Hell you're probably playing 2h frost - the stat weights are pretty much the same for 2h Frost and Unholy, you don't even need to modify your gear all that much. If you're dwing then you'll have to make an overhaul.

Deleted
    The problem about these forums is a lot of the "DK players" that come here arent even DK players they may have a DK alt who sometimes does heroics but as for a solid main nope... So they come here with half baked ideas judged on an idea of what DKs were like 4 years ago. So we get 10,000 whiners complaining about DKs and only a fraction are actual DK players. The changes atm arent set in stone, I sure hope they dont remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    15% icy talons is indeed a nerf from live. Hopefully not final.
    didn't gc say it was 25%, down from 30? tooltip error.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    For the most part people had to play frost to stay competitive this tier - how is this any different? Hell you're probably playing 2h frost - the stat weights are pretty much the same for 2h Frost and Unholy, you don't even need to modify your gear all that much. If you're dwing then you'll have to make an overhaul.
    im playing dw frost and 1 of the top rank http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/area%2052/gabbynator/

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    im playing dw frost and 1 of the top rank http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/area%2052/gabbynator/
    Adjusting to new abilities and content is something all dks should be used to. I mean you're probably a handful of pieces of gear and a reforge workover from being ready for unholy. You seem to play it for pvp already, how much adjusting are you really going to need?

Is it a hassle, yes, but I don't think it warranted your "12 y/o playing CoD response" to having to potentially (as nothing is in stone) change specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like Euliat said before, datamines are datamines. Keep your cool till some possible blue posts. Nothing is final until we go live.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    didn't gc say it was 25%, down from 30? tooltip error.
    It was, last week. This week's patch datamine has it down to 15%. It's just a datamine, and hopefully not final, but this would actually be a nerf to DW frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    I raid in Exodus with Rammy and Arv, two very good DKs, and they are top 5 DPS on every single fight.
    Arv>Rammy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should now change name of this thread to "Death Knight 5.2 Nerfs"

Well, there's some indication that the T15 set bonuses are almost as good as T14, so maybe buffs weren't necessary. I could see that. But neither were nerfs.

Then again, maybe DW frost performed really well in T15 content and deserved nerfs. We just don't know.

It's definitely disheartening, but them's the breaks when you analyze and pin your hearts to every PTR weekly patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    You should now change name of this thread to "Death Knight 5.2 Nerfs"
    A smaller buff is not the same thing as a nerf.