Thread: Marks buff yay!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    These buffs actually put all 3 specs crazy close (based on some short napkin math). And by close, I mean all within 1k with my current sims. And TBH, Marks is easier to play to its potential then BM is IMO.

For reference, the marks buffs sim out to about an 8k dps increase and the sv buffs sim out to be about 5.25k dps. Simcraft shows them as about a 7.5kdps and 5kdps increase respectively.
    To Quote my torgue from Borderlands 2,■"THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APOLOGIZE!" :P, I know that I'm old but sheesh, u said the m word, and my head is going to explode...lolz

u should have said, more pew pew and death.... maybe explosions too.

i would like to see these changes thrown into FD so i can start doing some testing with that. I really dislike SV but i can swap to marks i wouldn't mid it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope all 3 end up relatively close together. Would love to chose the spec I enjoy the most as opposed to which one sims highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i would like to see these changes thrown into FD so i can start doing some testing with that. I really dislike SV but i can swap to marks i wouldn't mid it
    Don't worry, Zeherah will put them in, but you can do some math with the results now and find the dps increase of them. It gets the job done at least.

On a side note: this should make mastery even better for SV.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 04:00 AM ----------

For me the buffs as SV would yield me 4904.364 dps in femaledwarf. BM is simming 6774.89 dps ahead of SV for me so a 1870.526 dps difference. SV looks like it's going to be top imo. SV gets 830.09 dps from the 4 piece and 1248.81 from the 2 piece. BM gets 2343.25 from the 2 piece and 2706.35 from the 4 piece. BM would be losing 5049.6 dps and SV would be losing 2078.9 dps. With the tier bonuses next tier being about even in comparison, but benefiting SV more ever so slightly and the meta favoring SV, SV should be top.

So with the changes BM is simming 1870.526 dps higher than SV, but will be losing 2970.7 more dps when you start to shed your tier. With the next tier bonuses and the legendary meta benefiting SV it should be top.

I can't do MM because for some reason femaledwarf isn't simulating the .4 sec reduction. I'll try to get some numbers though.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-20 at 04:05 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    If Survival is going to be "top", does that mean that Survival will be far enough ahead of Beast Mastery and Marksmanship to put both of those specs into oblivion, so to speak? Or will people be able to still play Beast Mastery and still be competitive?

I'm not going to say much about Marksmanship right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    If Survival is going to be "top", does that mean that Survival will be far enough ahead of Beast Mastery and Marksmanship to put both of those specs into oblivion, so to speak? Or will people be able to still play Beast Mastery and still be competitive?

I'm not going to say much about Marksmanship right now.
    BM should be competitive on only single target fights still (like it is now), but SV will have the highest theoretical dps. Only mechanics will change which one pulls more dps though, so we're still going to need to switch a bit. Not sure about mm, have to do some math.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-20 at 04:25 AM.

The amount of fucks I give about PvE is zero. PvP marksman here I come!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    The amount of fucks I give about PvE is zero. PvP marksman here I come!!
    Omg you are so cool. Run that 1500 bracket gurlfraaaand.

Can't wait to pvp as Marks again. Surv buff is also welcomed.

Deleted
    I'll play SV if I have to but wow... that boring spec throughout DS was quite enough. At least BM / MM have some more involved rotations (even if BM is just CD management, it's something).

Hmm, some pretty good changes, but with none to BM, I think SV is going to be the best spec. I don't necessarily dislike MM but I kinda hope it isn't best for single target, SV is still going to be pretty much required for top dps on multi-target fights, and while gearing for BM/SV is pretty much the same, MM requires haste over mastery. If you're switching back and forth between every fight based on if it's single target or not if MM is top dog single target, that's not going to be good news. That being said, I'm not sure those buffs to SV will put it ahead anyways but I'm sure someone else will figure that our for sure.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-20 at 06:02 AM.

So this proves we were right, and Blizzard was wrong.

How long have we been saying marks and even surv were behind?

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Omg you are so cool. Run that 1500 bracket gurlfraaaand.
    On an alt, proudly!

Deleted
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!!! NO MORE BM FOR PVP FUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEAHHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!!! NO MORE BM FOR PVP FUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEAHHHH!!!
    I wouldn't be too quick to say this unless if MM offers incredible burst compared to BM. The extra trinket BM has is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    yeah they gonna fuck up power shot, I agree it's too op on clothes but almost useless on plate, instead of 800% weapon dmg (phyisical dmg), I'd be fine with sometihng like 600-650% nature dmg
    I don't know about nature damage, but just have it ignore damage, fits better and it won't be better for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I don't know about nature damage, but just have it ignore damage fits better and it won't be better for survival.
    Surely you mean armor

Now we just wait for piercing shot munching to be fixed and MM will be fantastic.

Fuk yeah!!! SV baby Screw booooriing BM!!!

Doesn't look these are on the PTR yet. Looking forward to trying them out.